uninspired

Zelenogorsk - the forsaken city

Way too close to Green Mountain.

Fuck that place creeps me out.

Heh to think, that my buddy and one Finish random dude we met that day, went to Green Mountain during stormy night!!

Was really spooky as f@ck, wish there were also some howling wolves in surrounding forests to add a spice.

it's not Zelenogorsk, it's basically all the map outside the coast that is empty.

Actually i'm finding the 40 size too small to allow players who are searching for some player interaction / gun fights to go outside the coast.

Even in Berezino / Cherno on a 40/40 serv you are pretty much going to find no one for at least an half hour

I think its a symptom of the fact that there is absolutely no localized loot in the game.

What we need is for there to be specific rare items that only spawn in certain locations.

Between Electro and Balota you can have every useful item in the game, that's the problem. There is no need to go any further.

I think once they have persistence in game - bags, tents, vehicles, it will get a lot better.

People will want to find out of the way places to stash gear and you will have more non-coastal interaction.

My favorite place is the most northwestern spawn with the construction site, school, train station, and crap-load of garages.

It's got a nice little creek for water as well.

I make that run as often as I make military spawn runs.

So what the shit.. I heard ppl talk about them in game but didnt take it serious.. so walkie talkies are in the game I never knew... do they work properly yet ? with different stations or just one way ?

There are multiple channels on a walkie talkie. I believe they work, but I usually play solo and have never found anyone listening when I've picked one up and gotten it running.

screw zelenogorsk

Unless u want a 7.62 in your headm go to pushtowka

Way too close to Green Mountain.

Fuck that place creeps me out.

Since I live in the Green Mountain state, I like to call green mountain my home :) and if/once we have persistant bases hope to have one there and maybe a Green Mountain Boys clan :)

Edited by escobert

So what the shit.. I heard ppl talk about them in game but didnt take it serious.. so walkie talkies are in the game I never knew... do they work properly yet ? with different stations or just one way ?

They do work with a limited range.  They do need a 9v battery to work as well.  A couple weeks back someone set up in Cherno and started broadcasting tunes on "RadioFreeCherno"  As long as you had the radio tuned correctly and in range of the broadcaster, you could hear the music.  We could also communicate in game via chat on the walkie-talkie channel.  Here's the reddit thread on it:  http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1z72ge/radiofreecherno_878_broadcast_2_song_request_and/.  The post has instruction on how to use the radio too.

It lasted several hours I think before the station was taken off the air by bandits.  It's a neat little feature, but with teamspeak, skype, etc. it really is more of a novelty than a good, reliable means to communicate with a squad.

Edited by DefilerDan

Zeleno is on the Path of the Warrior.  I have had some great gun fights there.  Two baracks, a jail, and a piano building, plus a shopping center make it a nice spot.  Moving north to Green Mountain, then the base in Vybor is a strong regearing journey.

I love Zeleno. If I want to gear up quickly, I head there. Never really see anyone there. You can always head to the military base south of it.