helcol

The CZ 550

Has there been any mention of adding the CZ 550 into the SA?

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/CZ_550

http://bazar.hunting-shop.cz/__userdata/photos/8533-cz-550-fs--0.jpg

This was one of my favorites and, I felt, the most balanced sniper rifles in the mod because It was a two shot kill...unless it was a headshot.

An addition of this in the SA, in my opinion, would be great and would make people take tactical shots rather than just aim for center body mass.

I would be cool if the gun came in iorn sight and you had to find a long range scope, but I feel this gun would really add to the game.

What do you guys think? Does the CZ 550 have room in the SA?

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure the Mosin replaced the CZ.

but the mosin is one shot kill in body mass usually. 

The CZ is almost never one shot kill at center mass unless they are already injured.

Has there been any mention of adding the CZ 550 into the SA?

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/CZ_550

http://bazar.hunting-shop.cz/__userdata/photos/8533-cz-550-fs--0.jpg

This was one of my favorites and, I felt, the most balanced sniper rifles in the mod because It was a two shot kill...unless it was a headshot.

An addition of this in the SA, in my opinion, would be great and would make people take tactical shots rather than just aim for center body mass.

I would be cool if the gun came in iorn sight and you had to find a long range scope, but I feel this gun would really add to the game.

More guns = good, especially if ammo types aren't compatible. It means if they don't up the spawn rates of guns, it will be much harder to find matching guns to ammo, and thus less instances of people having 100+ rounds.

Also, rifle rounds towards the center of the torso should always be very debilitating and quite possibly lethal. The only sharpshooters trained to aim for the head are police, and those shots are usually under 100 meters with precision rifles, and the target is stationary.

It's highly inadvisable to aim for the head in engagements. It's a small target and a few inches off will result in a total miss, as opposed to aiming for the heart and still achieving a lung shot, or some other vital organ.

• Like 2

I have had so many encounters where I had the CZ and the bandit had the DMR.

I won those encounters because I felt one with the rifle.

I also feel it is a great gun to learn how to snipe because the scope in the mod and the zeroing factor made it fun to learn to use.

I guess "loosely" it does...  Realistically the Mosin should not be able to mount the current "Long range scope" in the game w/o some form of a stacker mount.  I'd personally like to see the long range scope removed from the Mosin once another long range bolt action rifle capable of fitting it is introduced...  The cz550, not only is a great firearm, but also perfectly fits the location the current map takes place in.

Here are some pics!

Varmint Tacticool, heavy barrel, no iron sights, .308

6e98b9587303384b2762781c6028e367.png

Medium Lux, European Style stock, iron sights, 7mm Rem Magnum

182418df7e74569f13d6b52e6413aa57.png

I'd rather see the Medium lux, simply because it's going to be using ammo that is not shared with large numbers of other guns that will eventually be introduced.

Edited by taco86
  • Like 2

I guess "loosely" it does...  Realistically the Mosin should not be able to mount the current "Long range scope" in the game w/o some form of a stacker mount.  I'd personally like to see the long range scope removed from the Mosin once another long range bolt action rifle capable of fitting it is introduced...  The cz550, not only is a great firearm, but also perfectly fits the location the current map takes place in.

Here are some pics!

Varmint Tacticool, heavy barrel, no iron sights, .308

6e98b9587303384b2762781c6028e367.png

Medium Lux, European Style stock, iron sights, 7mm Rem Magnum

182418df7e74569f13d6b52e6413aa57.png

I'd rather see the Medium lux, simply because it's going to be using ammo that is not shared with large numbers of other guns that will eventually be introduced.

my first kill up north was with a CZ 550, got a 500 meter headshot on a guille who landed his chopper. He had loot he probably stacked FOR MONTHS.

Did I say this yet? I love this gun so much.

• Like 1

IF we're on this CZ kick (I love the look of CZ rifles) why not introduce a "Competitor" to the ruger 10/22, however it's bolt action and has a threaded barrel.

Check this puppy out.

CZ 455 Tacticool, threaded barrel, .22lr, integral "dove tail" sights (according to web site)

db7755c7bee0c3682d5e7923efe5c454.png

What other guns from the mod should be brought over? (say AS 50 w/ thermal and I will facepalm)

I would much much rather have the CZ. Now that guns a hunting rifle. Civilian weapon. Hey, it would fit, js.

• Like 1

What other guns from the mod should be brought over? (say AS 50 w/ thermal and I will facepalm)

FN FAL, without option for scopes, only ironsights. And offcourse G36C, with option for HOLO sight and silencer. And offcourse they shuld be very rare, only one or two per server in heli crashsites or in wrecked Hummers (which should be lootable like GAZ or Ladas now)

The CZ is almost never one shot kill at center mass unless they are already injured.

It had the exact same damage as the M24, M40A3, SVD, DMR pretty much all other 7.62mm sniper rifles or machine guns.

It wouldn't cause any less damage in standalone since they'd most likely make it a .308 version for ammunition compatibility.

Besides, the low damage was never intended by Bohemia Interactive, that was a mod thing. The other day I played some Wasteland and it was a one-shot kill at 1100+ meters.

I do feel like we need some more scoped rifles added to the game. The mosin shouldn't even have an option for a scope seeing as how 99% of them have no way of adding the mounts to them without some decent modifications. Very few were actually set up in ww2 as an actual sniper rifle.

Personally, it feels to me like they should just remove the LRS and add some rifles with scopes pre-mounted to them. Make them pretty rare for sure, but you'd be much more likely to find a scoped rifle for hunting in a house (especially out in the countryside) than finding a mosin with the mounts on it without a scope, even if it was a smaller caliber.

Realism! :)

Edit: not even saying they have to be military grade weapons, just random hunting rifles you can find in houses. Military rifles would be pretty fun too, though. I'd love to find an AWM just chilling in some barracks

Edited by Facetentacles

Makarov PM.

• Like 2

but the mosin is one shot kill in body mass usually. 

The current Mosin is using 7.62x51mm rounds. It should be 7.62x54Rmm rounds. If the CZ550 is added to the game it will probably be chambered in 7.62x51mm and will kill in one shot like the Blaze95 and Mosin.

I would like to see a bolt action in .223/5.56mm ammunition. Kind of like a varmint gun

No, I heard that the Mosin replaced the Lee Enfield.

• Like 1

No.  We already have plenty of guns to use. 

Variety helps. More guns in the game isn't going to hurt anybody. At least, it's better than finding two Mosins/SKS/M4s stacked on each other.

• Like 3

Variety helps. More guns in the game isn't going to hurt anybody. At least, it's better than finding two Mosins/SKS/M4s stacked on each other.

We have plenty of variety already and the game shouldn't be all about finding one of twenty sniper rifles.  If the game ever hopes to turn into more than sitting back and sniping other players we need more weapons that force you to make your presence known.

... so lets throw all other guns out of the window, limit our variety in firearms, and make most people have the same damn guns.

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAAAAAAAT IDEA!

• Like 3

... so lets throw all other guns out of the window, limit our variety in firearms, and make most people have the same damn guns.

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAAAAAAAT IDEA!

Yeah, because there isn't other guns still being worked on that haven't been added yet.

Why do we need a hundred different rifles to snipe people with?  

How about we get rid of all weapons besides high powered sniper rifles.  Sounds like a great idea!

Yeah, because there isn't other guns still being worked on that haven't been added yet.

Why do we need a hundred different rifles to snipe people with?  

How about we get rid of all weapons besides high powered sniper rifles.  Sounds like a great idea!

I wasn't suggesting that.

The more guns, the better. You pulled a point out of your ass that I never made-

I want all types of guns. Sniper rifles. Semi-automatics. Submachine guns. Shotguns. Pistols. Everything. I want to find AKMs, Kriss Vectors, and Lever Action Winchesters. I want to find tons of guns that make me feel as if there is more then a couple dozen in the damn world.

• Like 3

I wasn't suggesting that.

The more guns, the better. You pulled a point out of your ass that I never made-

I want all types of guns. Sniper rifles. Semi-automatics. Submachine guns. Shotguns. Pistols. Everything. I want to find AKMs, Kriss Vectors, and Lever Action Winchesters. I want to find tons of guns that make me feel as if there is more then a couple dozen in the damn world.

So you want to play a military game.

Do you really think there is going to be all of those military bases, guns, and ammo in a poor ass country like Chernarus?