helcol

The CZ 550

So you want to play a military game.

Do you really think there is going to be all of those military bases, guns, and ammo in a poor ass country like Chernarus?

No, I do not want to play a military game.

I want to play a survival game where there are a variety of unique firearms. Civilian and Military. I wiant to be able to experiment with the guns I use for my playing sessions- Perhaps one life I may keep a lever action rifle, another an AKM. It varies up gameplay for everyone. You never know what your opponent will have- Now it seems to be fairly common what you encounter;

Mosins, M4A1s, SKS, Magnums, FNX45, M1911, .22 pistol and rifle, that one 9mm pistol, Double Barrel / Sawn Off

In general, there is little variety. We have a few types of guns but only one gun to go with that type, other then pistols.

• Like 2

No, I do not want to play a military game.

I want to play a survival game where there are a variety of unique firearms. Civilian and Military. I wiant to be able to experiment with the guns I use for my playing sessions- Perhaps one life I may keep a lever action rifle, another an AKM. It varies up gameplay for everyone. You never know what your opponent will have- Now it seems to be fairly common what you encounter;

Mosins, M4A1s, SKS, Magnums, FNX45, M1911, .22 pistol and rifle, that one 9mm pistol, Double Barrel / Sawn Off

In general, there is little variety. We have a few types of guns but only one gun to go with that type, other then pistols.

It's not really a survival game if there is a thousand different guns and unlimited amounts of ammo to choose from.  

Finding a gun should be rare and ammo even rarer.  

It's not really a survival game if there is a thousand different guns and unlimited amounts of ammo to choose from.  

A thousand different guns and a limited amount of ammo would add to a survival game tho.

Do you keep the 243 winchesters you just found, and hope to find a rifle for them, or hold on to the 357 revolver and hope to find ammo for that.

Decisions like that would make it less of a military shoot em up and more of desperate survival game.

A thousand different guns and a limited amount of ammo would add to a survival game tho.

Do you keep the 243 winchesters you just found, and hope to find a rifle for them, or hold on to the 357 revolver and hope to find ammo for that.

Decisions like that would make it less of a military shoot em up and more of desperate survival game.

The problem is, there isn't a limited amount of ammo and if you run out of ammo, it won't be long before you find more.

The problem is, there isn't a limited amount of ammo and if you run out of ammo, it won't be long before you find more.

You're right. 

If many more guns were to be implemented, it would make sense to turn down the ammo spawn rate.

You're right. 

If many more guns were to be implemented, it would make sense to turn down the ammo spawn rate.

It's not really the amount of different guns that bugs me, it is the fact that you will always be able to replenish your ammo.  

This takes away from the game and lets it continue to be Battlefield: Chernarus.

It's not really the amount of different guns that bugs me, it is the fact that you will always be able to replenish your ammo.  

This takes away from the game and lets it continue to be Battlefield: Chernarus.

Ahh, I very much agree.

I'd like to have to cherish my rounds, not know more will be right around the corner.

My stance on guns

1. A large variety

2. Not a large quantity 

3. A large variety of ammo

4. Not a large quantity of ammo

This is how I feel, after the alpha, guns/ammo should be.

• Like 1

That's why they need to have more guns that don't share ammo types. That way maybe only one box of ammo for your particular gun spawns.

• Like 1

No.  We already have plenty of guns to use. 

... so lets throw all other guns out of the window, limit our variety in firearms, and make most people have the same damn guns.

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAAAAAAAT IDEA!

can you guys get a room? OR3, stop trolling. Aradia, stop being so easily trolled. 

The CZ-550 hunting rifle would be fucking great. More variety, yes please.  

Edited by Capo

Ammo spawns are like this for now, so we can actually test the weapons. Everything will come full circle when the game is considered ready for release.

No.  We already have plenty of guns to use. 

You say that we have plenty of guns to use but in this post:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179419-full-weetod-fresh-spawns/page-3

Will do, I wouldn't want you there anyway.

Also, my server would be PVE so you wouldn't like it.

You say you are going to have a PvE server. So my question is: why the HELL you would want to limit gun variety?!?

Gun variety makes it so that the gun you find might not be your favorite, but it is nonetheless a gun that can put your life or others life at risk.

Also, what makes you think the guns that are in the game now are going to be the only guns available upon release?

always felt like the poor man's DMR in the mod, but I kinda liked it! dunno why the wouldn't add it to SA.

• Like 1

Look guys we allready have the mosin whit possible long range scope and the wiki has leaked that we are going to get SVD.We don't need bunch of sniper rifles like in the mod and we don't need more beanz steeling bush hippie snipers.

We need more relevant weapons. Finding an SKS in a police station just seems wrong unless the Czech police issues these out? Where are the AK's and why the M4 over the M16 (which is more popular). Is an FNX a popular model - i never heard of it until dayz.

The other question is, do we want the guns in dayz realistically modeled for the region we're in? Or are we going to be more lax and have say 4 snipers rifles, 6 assault rifles, some sub-machine guns and a variety of pistols (Shouldn't there be more pistols than anything else?)?

We need more relevant weapons. Finding an SKS in a police station just seems wrong unless the Czech police issues these out? Where are the AK's and why the M4 over the M16 (which is more popular). Is an FNX a popular model - i never heard of it until dayz.

The other question is, do we want the guns in dayz realistically modeled for the region we're in? Or are we going to be more lax and have say 4 snipers rifles, 6 assault rifles, some sub-machine guns and a variety of pistols (Shouldn't there be more pistols than anything else?)?

You can find almost any weapon in any country. Remember, Chenarus had a civil war going on and the US Marines got involved. Add in a pandemic and you get other peace keeping nations involved.

It's also a backwater Eastern bloc country, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of gun running wasn't happeninflg there.

What other guns from the mod should be brought over? (say AS 50 w/ thermal and I will facepalm)

M14, definetly that one. Add the long range scope for it, and voila, DMR :) They should probably nerf it though. Also the M1911 handgun and the AK-s.

I think they should also add Thompson Submachine gun and STG 44 not from the mod but it feels like they belong there.

M14, definetly that one. Add the long range scope for it, and voila, DMR :) They should probably nerf it though. Also the M1911 handgun and the AK-s.

I think they should also add Thompson Submachine gun and STG 44 not from the mod but it feels like they belong there.

Thompson maybe, but STG 44 is an incredibly rare weapon even though i love that gun.

I think US weapons should be the rarest, with european weapons be uncommon but findable and then Russian/eastern weapons being the norm in gun spawns, european/US military should be on a almost never found. Just dosent fit the setting. Same with clothing.

Look guys we allready have the mosin whit possible long range scope and the wiki has leaked that we are going to get SVD.We don't need bunch of sniper rifles like in the mod and we don't need more beanz steeling bush hippie snipers.

they can half the spawnrate of the mosin, so then it doesn't make a difference. At the moment we have one of each "class" of weapon, adding more isn't going to hurt anyone. 

they can half the spawnrate of the mosin, so then it doesn't make a difference. At the moment we have one of each "class" of weapon, adding more isn't going to hurt anyone. 

variety = should feel limitless

quantity = should be a luxury to find a gun. period.