Sign in to follow this  
loldude22

is it worth buying the mod?

so i have dayz standalone and im thinking about getting the mod, is it worth it?

and if yes, should i buy just arma 2 and operation arrowhead or the collection for better quality? 

thanks!

im new to the forums so: Hello!

I'd say that if you are in to the game for features, you would probably love the mod. But in order to get it, you need both ArmAII and Operation Arrow Head. In my opinion, it would be worth it. But it all depends on your play style. :D

so i have dayz standalone and im thinking about getting the mod, is it worth it?

and if yes, should i buy just arma 2 and operation arrowhead or the collection for better quality? 

thanks!

HELLO! (new meat)

If you want to play the mod, buy arma 2 + arma 2 OA, The game works fine like that.

But I warn you, the mod is MUCH harder to enter servers, you would most likely need to get a third party program like "dayz commander" to enter a lobby.

The mod, in my opinion, has much more KOS than the SA because it has lots of military grade guns that are common at their respective spawns

favorite sniper from the mod: CZ 550 (capped so many bandits that thought they were safe to do their work.

Also, join a vanilla server for the full experience. do not join the 500+ vehicles self blood bag servers immediately.

Oh and be sure to throw chem lights at zombies, because why not.

• Like 2

But I warn you, the mod is MUCH harder to enter servers, you would most likely need to get a third party program like "dayz commander" to enter a lobby. It's not hard to use a 3rd party program if you are not a DAU.

The mod, in my opinion, has much more KOS than the SA because it has lots of military grade guns that are common at their respective spawns Depends on the server, i played on a server yesterday and i found a makarov, two mags for it, a couple of shotgun and winchester shells, a double barrel shotgun and a AKS74U with no ammo weaponwise omw from Elektro to Berezino and beyond. Not really much for that mileage don't you think?

Also, join a vanilla server for the full experience. do not join the 500+ vehicles self blood bag servers immediately. There are also more hardcore mod servers.

Oh and be sure to throw chem lights at zombies, because why not.  :lol:

thanks!

Definitely. Everyone should have played the mod extensively before purchasing the SA Alpha. There's so much more to the mod and so much that isn't done yet in the SA. Plus you get Arma2 and OA to play through, and all the mods for those games as well as the DayZ mod. Can't go wrong. 

Hello there

Dont forget all the other goodness Arma has to offer, from Single player zombie missions to hardcore military simulation.

The mod is just one tiny aspect.

IMHO grab it.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

welcome to the forums, and you should buy it