Influx (DayZ)

"Frankie" Hero mentality

Get back on topic folks.

No more frankie haxx posts allowed.

The You Tube video's are what got me into the game in the first place, the mentality of not just shooting on sight is a good one. I just wish more people would use it, I'm sick of being sniped straight after spawning while drinking at a well. Just what threat am I to the sniper as an obvious respawn?

Perhaps if more people played the game as a survival sim rather than a shoot em up it would be a better place to be, after all aren't we all trying to survive the apocalypse?

OK some of you guys are good at these games, and as an old git I'm not, but why not give people a chance, there are plenty of FPS games where you can just KOS.

Edited by Bombhead

This community is so damn dumb. Hate for no reason, accuse people for no reason or proof, sour for no reason. Thank god for ESO.

To topic. Yea this is bait, either the person is wanting (the outcome of the thread) or is retarded as hell. Either way, typical. 

Edited by orlok

As I said before.

I've been playing friendly since before frankie knew what Day Z was.

To suggest that everyone who plays friendly is copying the style of a youtuber is ignorant.

I've seen a few of his videos, and they can be entertaining sometimes. I'm not a huge fan by any means...in fact I could take it or leave it.

What's annoying is when fanboys go insane and start saying "you stole that idea from frankie" if I post a video. That shit is downright stupid.

• Like 6

This community is so damn dumb. Hate for no reason, accuse people for no reason or proof, sour for no reason. Thank god for ESO.

To topic. Yea this is bait, either the person is wanting (the outcome of the thread) or is retarded as hell. Either way, typical. 

You say the "r" word a lot.

You have absolutely no right to complain about others considering how disrespectful you are.

Consider your wording and change your angle, shitbox.

Edited by orlok
dont insult

People see Frankie's videos. People start to like Frankie and DayZ.

People play DayZ.

People have low chance of encountering Frankie in DayZ, but if they do, they throw their normal guidelines out the window.

Most people who have played DayZ know who Frankie is, and are less likely to shoot someone on sight when they can tell the fellow is someone with a tiny bit of internet frame. His voice is easy to spot, and since he isn't known for killing every person he sees, most people play along with the guy.

off-topic;

My opinions on Frankie are mixed.

Frankie is just like you. He's a gamer that plays DayZ. He had his play style, you have yours. Changing up play styles to get a new experience is up to the individual experience. What exactly makes someone good or bad at DayZ? Whether or not their play style is agreeable to you?

I never play as a hero, but I think that play style would become easier once non lethal rounds or tranquilizers are introduced to the game. It would be much easier for a hero if they could subdue the potential attacker before getting close enough to risk death. 

• Like 1

You say the "r" word a lot.

You have absolutely no right to complain about others considering how disrespectful you are.

Consider your wording and change your angle, shitbox.

Don't care in the slightest.. 

So many people in this community are just derp. This thread is literally a bunch of ass hats hating on someone they dont know. Then complaining about how people play while playing the way they chose as if it is any different. You being offended by how I word calling people idiots changes nothing but does reflect on yourself.

Makes 100% no sense. Good community. 

Edited by Mopa

Fair enough. I hope you get banned, shitbox.

Edited by orlok

By that you mean no one, or what? Because last I checked only "no one" was giving a fuck about not shooting anything in sight.

Who da fuck gives one about Frankie anyway? He should be dickslapped for as long as SA is in alpha just for bringing up the "Bambi" term...and his annoying voice...and using cheats to not get killed while he was making his stupid storyline videos.

In short: Don't try to be like some self absorbed Youtube prick!

Are you jelly??? lol 

The fact that Frankie interacts with the players in-game and makes an attempt to help them is what makes him a great player. Sadly the majority of players are a bunch of turds who KoS. 

Also, the guy has almost 1,500,000 subscribers and I would bet almost every one of those people play Dayz. 

Edited by TacticalAhole
  • Like 1

DayZ has one of the worst player communities ever, and I don't just mean in game... You forumgoers are so aggressive and hostile towards anyone who has a differing (albeit valid) opinion on such a trivial matter. Frankie is an entertainer, that's literally his job, just like a musician or an actor. Some people have different tastes in music, but if a musician has fans that enjoy his music they're doing something right, whether you like them or not.

If you don't like Frankie its fine, but some people are entertained by him, there's no need to go on a crusade against him or people that enjoy his work.

Edited by dvsilverwing
  • Like 8

DayZ has one of the worst player communities ever, and I don't just mean in game... You forumgoers are so aggressive and hostile towards anyone who has a differing (albeit valid) opinion on such a trivial matter. Frankie is an entertainer, that's literally his job, just like a musician or an actor. Some people have different tastes in music, but if a musician has fans that enjoy his music they're doing something right, whether you like them or not.

If you don't like Frankie its fine, but some people are entertained by him, there's no need to go on a crusade against him or people that enjoy his work.

I agree so so much with this. Hostile and dumb = mess. 

Fair enough. I hope you get banned, shitbox.

Thanks for proving my point.. yawn youll fit right in here.

Everyone seems to be aimed at following the "Frankie" mentality of never shooting on sight. Which to me sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. 

Being a hero isn't going around waiting to be shot. 

Opinions?

Killing other players with no reason, and not caring about anything is else is even more ridiculous.

• Like 1

So many people in this community are just derp. This thread is literally a bunch of ass hats hating on someone they dont know. Then complaining about how people play while playing the way they chose as if it is any different. You being offended by how I word calling people idiots changes nothing but does reflect on yourself.

Makes 100% no sense. Good community. 

Start to care.

Dont use the R word. We let you guys get away with a lot. This is not one of those things. No arguing.

Carry on.

L

• Like 1

I've only heard of Frankie through other twitch streamers and only his name, nothing about what he does. I've also never watched him.
That said, I do my best not to shoot on sight (it's happened when startled by a military man turning a corner at me in a remote location). but I don't see how it limits social interaction. I specifically have NEVER shot on sight, including in the mod, for the very reason of promoting social interaction. I am okay being shot down in the current state of the game because I want people to know not everyone is out to kill them, so maybe, JUST MAYBE, they will do this too. I've always valued the character life over loot, which is how it should be. So if someone tells me to put my hands up, I play along sometimes...its fun. Rather than logging or just trying to murder them. 
Sometimes I hold people up only to ask if they need anything.
I would suggest this play style to everyone.

Not sure why this avatar is making you all so angry. I think its  social conditioning and an overeaction to it more than genuine displeasure at the content of it.

Would you be so against it if it were

Josef stalin?

Attila the hun?

Idi amin?

Ghenkis Khan?

Pol pot?

Vlad the impaler?

I understand of course that Adolf is one of most recent bad guys but really he was a very clever man and wrote some very interesting books.

In case your wondering I lost 3 family members to the regime and I hold no grudges.

The irony of the rage wanting to quash the guy's right to free speech, over a picture of Hitler. Adolf would have been proud.

The irony of the rage wanting to quash the guy's right to free speech, over a picture of Hitler. Adolf would have been proud.

Lol, people getting offended by a pic of Hitler yet there is a forum poster with the name skin_head_army.  Also, I can't see the Hitler portrait anyway unless the mods removed it which to me is a crock of shit.

Lol, people getting offended by a pic of Hitler yet there is a forum poster with the name skin_head_army.  Also, I can't see the Hitler portrait anyway unless the mods removed it which to me is a crock of shit.

Wow they did remove it!

I see it this way though, to me I can look at it as a joke. (Harsh and dark joke, but still a joke).

However people have to pick their audience, I don't care but others do and he is on a public forum. 

Wow they did remove it!

I see it this way though, to me I can look at it as a joke. (Harsh and dark joke, but still a joke).

However people have to pick their audience, I don't care but others do and he is on a public forum. 

So it's ok to have skin head as a poster name but not a pic of Hitler?  

Hello there

IF you have an issue with moderation contact a mod.

The forums are not the place to discuss.

On topic please.

L

There was no issue about moderation, you guys do what you do and if you decided to pick and choose what you do moderate, that's all on you guys.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with trying to be a hero and to say people are trying to be "Frankie" is pretty lame.  Superman came before Frankie so Frankie is trying to be Superman  :P

• Like 1

Frankie's production value is off the scale, I could care less how he did it. It's called movie magic, and he's making money. Hollywood does it all the time.

He should put a disclaimer on his clips stating they're a work of fiction and made unter the influence of "performance enhancing drugs" so maybe the kids would stop thinking of him not just as a but THE role model and maybe even stop presenting him as something to care about here. That's really all I care about at this point. I don't watch his stuff and generally don't give a damn. He probably is way more careful after that ruckus anyway.

So what? All tubers I know are mostly about shooting other players and usually have some reasoning to make that seem somewhat righteous. It's usually bullshit because we all know that DayZ ain't entertaining without the use of firearms on other players and it won't be.

I don't mind his videos. Not particularly a fan.

I do respect him though, he sure knows how to edit together entertaining footage and people seem to like it, so fair play to him.

If I could do what he does and make a few bob out of it I would.

• Like 1