Sign in to follow this  
nighhawk

Do you think altis life will be recreated on the dayz sa?

Title says it all.  What do you think.

I bring this up because I really want to get arma 3 to play altis life lol.

Note:  i mean when modding is allowed.  Nothing to do with the development of the actual game.

Edited by kg360

Why is that?  Everyone I've talked to says its better then dayz (at least right now.)  Anyway, ill probably want a break from dayz once in a while.

Edited by kg360

I don't see how it would work in DayZ. You'd be better off buying ArmA 3, because it doesn't sound very likely. I am very hopeful for an Altis Life Standalone though :D.

Why is that?  Everyone I've talked to says its better then dayz (at least right now.)  Anyway, ill probably want a break from dayz once in a while.

Atlis life is great but it and dayz are apples and oranges,  changing the course of dayz to mold it into atlis life style game would not be beneficial in any way and set back further progress to the SA. 

I don't see how it would work in DayZ. You'd be better off buying ArmA 3, because it doesn't sound very likely. I am very hopeful for an Altis Life Standalone though :D.

Well you never know.  It would probably be easy since arma 3 and dayz use the same engine ( I think).  Remove the zombues and kaboom: altis life on dayz sa

Atlis life is great but it and dayz are apples and oranges,  changing the course of dayz to mold it into atlis life style game would not be beneficial in any way and set back further progress to the SA 

You don't get what I'm saying.  I mean as a mod.  It would have nothing to do with the development of the game, as It would be created by some outside entity (whoever created It for arma 3)

Edited by kg360

You don't get what I'm saying.  I mean as a mod.  It would have nothing to do with the development of the game, as It would be created by some outside entity (whoever created It for arma 3)

Dayz is on its own engine specific to Dayz SA with no public files for the community to modify Dayz SA as is, so.....  There would be no point in opening up the engine for modification to make a mock atlis life as its already been completed and growing on A3.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 2

I would like it to come to the SA, especially if as I heard they will bring in mod support for t he SA (not sure if it is correct though). Also it will likely be on private servers so there is no need to worry about it interfering with Dayz, as the majority  of servers would still have vanilla SA.

It couldnt be too hard just delete the zambies and add shops. it sounds like a thing that may be introduced when modding comes in so wait and see 

but its already on arma 3 the asylum server on atlis life or the digital dreamz servers 

^ beans.. why must I have a quota of beans!

Thing is:

Altis is an ARMA 3 map. And whilst you think it might be a great idea to have it on the DayZ:SA framework it makes no sense whatsoever to do that.

1. Altis is an ARMA 3 map, which would need porting over to DayZ SA
  2. This would only partly work, because DayZ: SA is running the RV-Engine Mk. 3, whilst ARMA 3 is on RV 4
  3. It would be easier to port over the existing assets to ARMA 3 (which already happened. All small objects like the texture for Antibiotics or the Can Opener are included in ARMA 3)
  4. DayZ: SA framework is not suited for any "LIFE" mod whatsoever

I give up

If what you are getting at is basically "no, I do not think it will be possible with the mod tools we will be given at release," you should just say so.

Going "it wouldn't be worth it" or "it's a step backward" is just getting gross, icky opinion all over your nice, clean argument. When you do that, people hear "I don't like your idea personally," and argue.

It really isn't that hard...

Edited by McGarnagle

It couldnt be too hard just delete the zambies and add shops. it sounds like a thing that may be introduced when modding comes in so wait and see 

OSnSdwN.jpg

• Like 1

I hope so.  The core of dayZ will make a way better altis life experience than arma does .  Especially when they get farming and hunting into the game.  Players could grow there own cash crops.  Devs also commented about adding emergency response attire to the game soon.

Well it would be Chernarus+ Llife wouldnt it? ;)
I seriously doubt BI has any interest in getting the Altis map into DayZ SA, when they spend so much time working on Chernarus+, exactly like i dont see Chernarus+ getting into either Arma II or III, with full BI support.

I also doubt we will see this kind of mod capability for DayZ in the future.
The entire point of making this new engine is to "lock it down" and restrict, restrict, restrict basicly.

I dont think we will see any "arma scripting features" in DayZ and im not even sure you will be able to turn zombies "off" tbh.

If they give people the same options for modding the SA, as we had for the MOD, it will turn into the exact same clusterfuck Rocket "abandoned" and it would server no purpose tbh.

DayZ modding, will be very very different and very restricted, compared to Arma-verse modding tbh, anything else wouldnt make sense, after spending this much time making a "different engine".

This is my personal oppinion so i might be proven wrong, by some community members or by BI in the future, but this is how i think the future of DayZ modding will be tbh.

I don't get why you just don't play it on arma 3? there are a few life mods on there to choose from.

also if its altis that you like there is breaking point which is like dayz.

or better still 2017 when it finally gets released. Its not zombies, its more like silent hill open world horror (which is a nice break i think from all the zombie stuff around now);

If what you are getting at is basically "no, I do not think it will be possible with the mod tools we will be given at release," you should just say so.

Going "it wouldn't be worth it" or "it's a step backward" is just getting gross, icky opinion all over your nice, clean argument. When you do that, people hear "I don't like your idea personally," and argue.

It really isn't that hard...

Not worth it at this point, the beat goes on.

^ beans.. why must I have a quota of beans!

Now that I've thought about it... my quota for beans is 0.

I've never given anyone on the forums beans before...

oh, and to the OP. If you want an "Altis life" style thing in Chernarus, play ArmA2. There's Takistan Life, Chernarus Life, Island Life, etc.

Edited by mullraugh