Death By Crowbar

Oh fun - all geared up 12 hours ago, now naked. Fun.

I'm wondering if the op realizes there is different characters on regular and hardcore...

I'm wondering if the op realizes there is different characters on regular and hardcore...

Either way, he is bound to get a wipe sooner or later.

I get that you are upset but the disclaimers for the game notify you of the risks.  You got hit by a bug that made you lose your gear.  I would suggest waiting a few minutes and try logging onto another server because sometimes you spawn where you logged out and get your gear back after this happens.

Weird, because when I did that and posted in the forum I got called a server hopper by you.

go to nearest AF hop 2-3 times and voila full gear :D so you will need (30min of running) + 15min to hop 2-3 times... 45min till full gear

go to nearest AF hop 2-3 times and voila full gear :D so you will need (30min of running) + 15min to hop 2-3 times... 45min till full gear

Rumor has it server hopping gives you STD's, I would steer clear.

• Like 4

Trolls - who pays for the game (and how)? I'm simply putting on notice that wiping should come with significant alert. There is an end product that appears to be an MMORPG that is a monthly (or yearly) license - having hours of effort erased won't be tolerated then, and shouldn't be tolerated now. I didn't pay $30 to get ass fucked, I paid to to play a fun game and that's incomplete but not get fucked in the arse.

You DID NOT pay $30 dollors to play the game.  If you did, you are a f***ing idiot.  We all paid $30 to test the game and earn the right to help make it what we all hope it will become.  Personally, I would not mind all char getting reset after a set number of hours.  Would mean everyone had to start over at set times.  This would keep everyone testing what is already in the game, the basic lootspawn and getting healthy.  Also the combat system.  As more endgame type things would get added, the age limit could be increased to allow players time to test them.

Glad I ran around gearing up last night. That was hours well spent.

Did you have fun in this hours?

If yes, they were well spent.

If no, and you can only have fun with an outgeared char, wrong game for you.

Gearing up is part of the game but not it's gaol.

I get that this is alpha - but this is a HUMAN cost. If me, as a human, buys the game for $30, do NOT wipe me, ever, period. The whole "this is alpha, read the disclaimer" thing gets old quick. It's a crutch. Take care of your paid customers, don't screw them and leave them out to dry for god's sake.

Oh my. See that? Now my pristine white leather shoes are damp. DAMP! Because of your tears!

No, that part of you post doesn't deserve an normal answer.

Possible solution for you if you get so annoyed when this happens: Wait until the game hits Beta. Chances are good that there will be less char wipes.

we are here to test arent we, not hoard and store gear?

That's the point, I don't think everyone is here for that reason. I would guess the OP, and many people like him or her, are here because the want to play a game and don't give any thought to the testing process or the purpose of the alpha. They then feel entitled - see it in the first post - the argument goes 'I paid real money and by god I shouldn't have to put up with this.'

It's selective on their part - they enjoy the access they get, but don't wish to put up with all the downsides that come with it.

So you lost some virtual gear big deal. Presumably you hated every minute of running around and had no fun at all? You are going to loose your gear 100 times over and getting mad about it won't help. It's a game ffs and it's really not that important to get so mad over.

I have to add the DF equotation here.

You can't "Win" dayZ. There is no victory screen, there is no "end", but you can lose it,

That means: Every char you spawn is determined to die.

hat means: DayZ = losing.

But DayZ is also fun (sometimes even when you die ;)). (If not to you: Wrong game for you. Really.)

So we can say: Losing= fun.

And with that stated, how can you say that it's no fun to have fun

Trolls - who pays for the game (and how)? I'm simply putting on notice that wiping should come with significant alert. There is an end product that appears to be an MMORPG that is a monthly (or yearly) license - having hours of effort erased won't be tolerated then, and shouldn't be tolerated now. I didn't pay $30 to get ass fucked, I paid to to play a fun game and that's incomplete but not get fucked in the arse.

dont get attached to your gear, you could have easily just ran into someone and got shot, same outcome, dont go running to gear, have fun and play the game to survive.

I agree with OP in the sense that just because a game is in Alpha does not mean it should be protected from criticism. Even Alpha's can be judged to a certain extent. Now don't get me wrong, I get it is not finished but that does not excused it from being a terrible Alpha or from being a fantastic Alpha. In my opinion it is an ok Alpha, which has some major flaws it should not have even as an Alpha.

The zombies going through walls is in my opinion inexcusable even in Alpha, and should have been fixed before the Alpha's release even if we had to wait a few more months. Now before you say something to the effect of "you're mad because you got killed by one" I have never been killed by a wall ignoring zombie as of yet and don't plan to. In my opinion, having this in an Alpha is like leaving part of the map unfinished, so if you went there you'd just fall through the floor.

In summary, just because a game is Alpha does not mean it can be excused for everything.

Seriously, don't compare getting fucked in the ass to losing gear in a computer game. That's as dumb as when people compare getting killed in a computer game with rape.

If you ask a rape victim what it was like getting raped, they sure as hell won't say "oh, a bit like playing halo".

• Like 2

ahum you probably logged out in a city or airstrip, someone killed your character that was sitting on the ground.

ahum you probably logged out in a city or airstrip, someone killed your character that was sitting on the ground.

Either this or just shit out of luck. You knew what you got into because you got a big fat warning when you bought it. You're not getting of the hook by calling it a crutch. You made the decision to go ahead anyway knowing that stuff like this might happen. But instead of taking it like a man you come on here and present yourself like a spoiled 12yo. GG

In summary, just because a game is Alpha does not mean it can be excused for everything.

Yay I can quote his Hickness:

• DayZ Early Access Alpha: Feature development, during which the vast majority of major bugs are created/occur.
  • DayZ Early Access Beta: Content development, during which the "meat on the bones" is added to the title, alongside the beginnings of major bug fixing surrounding issues created during the feature development of alpha.
  • DayZ Early Access RC (Final Beta stages): Bug Fix, optimization, and balancing. During which the stone is polished, until the DayZ dev team feels the title is ready to go liv

Read more here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179198-from-hicks-206-reddit-on-development/

I get that this is alpha - but this is a HUMAN cost. If me, as a human, buys the game for $30, do NOT wipe me, ever, period. The whole "this is alpha, read the disclaimer" thing gets old quick. It's a crutch. Take care of your paid customers, don't screw them and leave them out to dry for god's sake.

You're a moron. That's all.

IT'S ALPHA. THIS SHIT WILL HAPPEN. OFTEN. GET OVER IT.

never get attached to your gear. That's the first rule of Dayz

Not that I disagree with this, but come on....

Lets be honest here, we always tell people not to get attached to something that is one of the main tools of the game...

Kind of a oxymoron isnt it?

Seriously, don't compare getting fucked in the ass to losing gear in a computer game. That's as dumb as when people compare getting killed in a computer game with rape.

If you ask a rape victim what it was like getting raped, they sure as hell won't say "oh, a bit like playing halo".

:beans:

and one for the OP

:emptycan:

Probably combat logged, got killed, logged in fresh.

if you PM me your address I can have them send a state-of-the-art waaaaambulance to put some ointment on your butthurt. good lord I can't believe I'm about to become one of these guys but.... it's a fucking alpha man. AND notice the 42000 other threads bitching about the same fucking thing.

wanna hear a story? in the course of 6hrs in one day I played for a bit, logged to eat and smoke a cigarette, came back to a wiped char. bit later logged again, came back to a wipe. rinse repeat again about 2hr later. it happens. if you can't deal with that come back when the game's finished, that way I won't have to read your whining for the time being.

the sense of entitlement some people have is positively astounding.... this whole "i paid money and deserve something" is such a load of shit. you paid money, and got a game. that's what you get. a game that says reeeaaally big in the description "IS ALPHA, LOTSA SHIT IS WRONG RIGHT NOW" (apologies for the paraphrase.)