Paule2934

DayZ keeps crashing when I try to join a server?

Starting last night, my brother and I are both experiencing game crashes to desktop every 5-30 min. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions?

I'm crashing too, right now I can't play at all, I go into a server, can't take anything into my hand, and then I crash after 10 seconds of "playing"

• Like 1

Hi everyone. 

For almost two weeks I have been playing DayZ fine. No crashes, never had and problems with the game freezing or crashing or anything along those lines. A couple days ago I noticed the game would crash. I thought nothing of it played and would be fine for a while. Now today I joined a server and was in, I disconnected because it was a nighttime server and wanted to join a day server. After that every time I try and join a server the game crashes. I've tried joining a 6th server now and when it looks like its loading it just crashes.

I am really annoyed right now there's nothing more annoying then this. I understand its alpha I always get people going "Urr what do you except its alpha" I GET that but you should at least be able to get into a game and I cannot lately.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks.

By chance are you attempting to join a server with a high ping such as in another country?  Also, in your inventory, do you have any stacked storage items like packs or containers within other containers?  I ran in to this no too long ago.  Find a low ping server and see if you can spawn.  Something to do with high ping, stacked items and de-sync screwing up the login process.

Edited by Super_Duty

An update:

I found this solution on another forum and it worked for about 5 minutes then I just start crashing again. This is what I tried (  you need to backup a folder named DayZ. This folder is located in "C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\"

The easiest way to get to this folder, is to open a random folder, and type %localappdata% in the address bar.
Then backup your DayZ folder and delete the old one.
After this, you can now launch DayZ and try to connect to servers again. )

this worked for 5 minutes then started crashing again.

Ok, so it didn't really solve your issue then.  Back to my first response... any of those that I mentioned apply to you?  Also, what video card (AMD or NVIDIA)?

Edited by Super_Duty

Ok, so it didn't really solve your issue then.  Back to my first response... any of those that I mentioned apply to you?  Also, what video card (AMD or NVIDIA)?

No nothing you asked applied to me. MY graphics card? Nvidia GeForce GT 630. I don't think this has anything to do with it though. I've played the standalone for two weeks so far and played for hours without any crashes now when I join a server I'm in for 20 seconds then the game crashes.

Back to my first response... 

And I posted that update while you were probably typing out your first response. 

Thank god I'm not the only one! I thought maybe something was wrong with my computer. They need to fix this this should be first priority. I understand its early alpha but they should at least sell you a working game. 

Topics merged and moved.

I take it this is on Stable DayZ and not Experimental.

I'll have a poke around and see if I can find any information.

Same. 5 seconds of game time and it freezes up. Tried to reinstall and play with settings. Still freezes.

Same, been playing SA stable for a while now, but today it started to crash right after I enter the server, varying from 10 to 20 seconds after joining. 

System:

AMD Phenom II x6 (2.8Ghz)

ATI HD5770 x2

8gb RAM

Win7 64 bit

Can I re install DayZ without losing my current character?

Same here, played in lowest ping servers! Havent had playtime for more than 5min today.. made firewall exceptions.. no change..

i5 3,8Ghz

ATI Radeon HD7870 2gb

8gb ram

Win7 64bit

May I ask what version is shown for you in the "BattlEye Client: Initialized (v1.xxx)" message when joining a server?

Hard cases and ammo boxes can cause your game to crash, something about loading items inside of them does this. if you do not have either of these items, then when you log on removed all of your clothes and items. That should fix it. If you are playing for up to 30 minutes before the server crashes, try finding a server with a lower ping.

I'm also crashing after joining servers battleeye is 1.211

Edited by Provel

I have been playing with no crush/freeze problems but today game started crush in couple minutes after i join any server. 

And there is a weapon reloding sound, i got this sound at 7 of 8 game crashes -telling this because it might help somehow?-

I just started playing after a week and get disconnected about 30 seconds after joining. Which freezes when i try to exit the server...

Of course i start dayz back up and try to rejoin, then get disconnected again, and it freezes again, after that i opened dayz for the third time and i start to get penalized and have to wait... i hope it's not just me...  <_<

Have we found a fix for this? Its been almost a week and I am still having the same problem. I join a server and in about 10 seconds I crash.

Topics merged and moved.

I take it this is on Stable DayZ and not Experimental.

I'll have a poke around and see if I can find any information.

Have you found anything? Its been a good few days and still crashing 10 seconds after I join a server.

It only happens when I try to join a server, then it crashes in 30 - 60 secs., I think it started to happen when I updated my NVIDIA controller to 335.23, tryed to roll back to 334.89 by unnistalling everything of NVIDIA and delleting all his files, didn't work, I'm using a 660ti video card. It only happens when I try to join a server, then it crashes in 30 - 60 secs.

It's what it says about the error. It's in spanish.

Firma con problemas:
  Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH
  Nombre de la aplicación: DayZ.exe
  Versión de la aplicación: 0.35.115.188
  Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 52f91301
  Nombre del módulo con errores: msvcrt.dll
  Versión del módulo con errores: 7.0.7601.17744
  Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 4eeaf722
  Código de excepción: c0000005
  Desplazamiento de excepción: 0000b078
  Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Id. de configuración regional: 9226
  Información adicional 1: 0a9e
  Información adicional 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Información adicional 3: 0a9e
  Información adicional 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Edited by LCProud

Hi LC

I upgraded my drivers as soon as it came out. I have not had any crashes since being on the latest driver.

Dean & Brian have mentioned in the dev-tracker about this problem. Rest assured that the problem is being looked into, and a solution coming asap.

FYI LC - http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179642-reddit-rocket2guns-on-warning-for-nvidia-users-geforce-33523-driver-might-be-making-dayz-crash/

Good luck mate 

• Like 1

I have this problem too. I made a thread last week, it fixed itself temporarily when I reinstalled the game. Didn't last to long though. :(

I have the Experimental installed, I will revert back to Stable and check.

For those that still have a problem please check this post

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179642-reddit-rocket2guns-on-warning-for-nvidia-users-geforce-33523-driver-might-be-making-dayz-crash/#entry1847245

May I ask what version is shown for you in the "BattlEye Client: Initialized (v1.xxx)" message when joining a server?