Paule2934

DayZ keeps crashing when I try to join a server?

I have the Experimental installed, I will revert back to Stable and check.

For those that still have a problem please check this post

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179642-reddit-rocket2guns-on-warning-for-nvidia-users-geforce-33523-driver-might-be-making-dayz-crash/#entry1847245

I was playing in a group of 4 including myself at the weekend on the old nvidia driver, we spent about an hour on the server before we headed up to Svetloyarsk. One after another within the space of about 5-10 minutes we had all suffered multiple crashes, the 3 other guys are AMD hardware users.

We were able to load in and run for short periods of time before crashing again, once we had eventually made it away from Svet the crashes stopped.

No crash for me in Stable Build.

I have latest Nvidia driver.

BE updated to Vs1.211

May I ask what version is shown for you in the "BattlEye Client: Initialized (v1.xxx)" message when joining a server?

Version 1.211 for me. 

It's odd though, sometimes I crash instantly, sometimes after an hour. 

I've only been playing a couple of days and it was pretty much fine. In the past hour though, its started crashing to desktop. Now it does it more or less as soon as I join a server.

I have got the same problem like everybody. I've been plaing dayz since one month. Has anybody know how to fix this problem?

My team and I of around 6 people have been running into this same issue. We are all fully loaded with gear and have gotten rid of our boxes. Still run into the same problem.

Random crashes here too. It seems like both SA and the mod are affected.

My GPU is an MSI Geforce GTX 770 lightning, and it seemed to happen when I installed the latest driver, but since ATI users are getting this too it's probably just a coincidence

Guys I started experiencing this about a week or two ago, I will join a server an be in for about 10-60 seconds and then I will lose connection to the server. I try to exit the server and the game just sits there and wont go back to the main menu, so I have to alt+ctrl+del and close it with task manager. After re-opening the game I try again and it does the same thing. After that it starts giving me the lockout timer... I can't even sit through the timer before being disconnected.. so I don't know what to do, I haven't seen any solutions for this anywhere.

try the experimental server - it worked for me. although i still ended up reinstalling my windows and everything else that comes with it as every time i reverted to a stable release it kept crashing. was fine after the reinstall though.

oh shit just remembered - did you by any chance follow a guide where you had to edit the CFG file where you change the drawing distance, etc? After my reinstall I tried DayZ on stable - it was fine, but then after i made those CFG changes to speed it up a bit - started getting the crashes. If you have done it - the best way to reset them to default is to just delete the lot, it'll reset your keybindings and your name/default character - but your actual character online won't be affected. It didnt affect mine anyway. And then once you log in you'll start with a default set of config settings.

I'm having the same problem except when i try to join a server it says, "Wait for Host", and then crashes, this never happened until the new V0.42 update for DayZ Standalone, i hope this is the right forum.

damn I just jumped in 3 times over the last day and a bit since the patch and every time it results in doors not opening after 5mins, then 3/4 zombies being right on top of me (like a desync) and me running for my life not knowing why zombies are bending space time (I don't ask questions, they are dead so whom am I to question if they can also teleport)

She's pretty bad at the moment.

Same with me, I get into the game normally.
I can switch weapons but after few seconds I cant switch them and open doors. 

Please i need help, i don't know what to do mine doesn't even let me join servers it get stuck at the, "Wait for Host" screen then it exits out and say's, "DayZ has Stopped Working" without any info whatsoever, i don't know what to do someone please help ?

The issue for me was a bad battleye update. They made some revisions and it's worked ever since. Try deleting your battleye files. Don't worry, they reinstall when you join a server. There's plenty of info on how to do it online. Only other thing I can suggest is to try some launch parameters. I have mine set to launch in windows xp mode, and a maximum memory setting. Again there's loads of info on your options with launch parameters and how to use them.

This happend for me just recently! specs EVGA GEFORCE GTX 780, AMD FX 8350 processor. nothing wrong with my specs so i cant figure out what is wrong with the crashes! please respond to this!

This happend for me just recently! specs EVGA GEFORCE GTX 780, AMD FX 8350 processor. nothing wrong with my specs so i cant figure out what is wrong with the crashes! please respond to this!

This topic has died a little (previous last post April 6).

Please make your own Topic giving as many details as possible, specs/OS and consider collecting a crash file if not solved.