Estyles

.22lr Damage is absurd.

Just because something is lethal doesn't mean a person hit by it will drop dead in their tracks. It means that it can kill a person, even if that is from internal damage days after being hit.

Facts:

- Shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger

- (kind of silent)

- Low dmg

now the first and the 3rd together, what do we get ? Higher DPS if you are a fast clicker.

and since theres barely any recoil this weapon would do pretty good if you just clicked away like crazy.

has anyone actually tried its function PVP ? 

I found a 30 round banana clip for one and picked up the .22 rifle. It is pretty weak but shoots really fast and is pretty quiet. I was able to drop a few people, some only took a few shots (last was head shot) and then some people took like 12 body shots.

Not a bad little gun seeing how it is so quiet. Was in a fire fight right outside a house my friend was inside and upstairs and he could barely even tell I was shooting. The 30 round clip makes it alright little gun, any smaller clip would seem kinda annoying but better than nothing. 

I have not used it in battle yet, seems to do alright against infected IMO. I just found my first .22 Pistol, love how quiet it is, not a fan of the damage though against infected.. I got overwhelmed and lets just say the solution for me was climbing a ladder and logging out for the night... them infected be CRAZY on experimental.

Jesus christ this forum and its gun-wankers. .22 is shitty caliber,yes you can kill with one shot IF it hits heart or head. BUT even headshot with with .22 doesn't necessary kill. We had a school shooter who, in the end, shot himself in the head with .22 and lived hours after that.

PENETRATION is very very low. If you shoot to a window, it is possible that it doesn't penetrate even that. In-game press vest should eat .22 shots as breakfast.

• Like 3

Facts:

- Shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger

- (kind of silent)

- Low dmg

now the first and the 3rd together, what do we get ? Higher DPS if you are a fast clicker.

and since theres barely any recoil this weapon would do pretty good if you just clicked away like crazy.

has anyone actually tried its function PVP ? 

Yes, killed 3 people so far and am still alive. But to be honest, my mate is with me and got an sks. I never attacked 1 of those guys if the sks was not around. Needed around 20 bullets for each person to be sure they are dead(not unconscious).

If there are 10 round magazines in the game and the 30 rounds are rare I agree the damage needs to be buffed a little bit, like 4 bodyshots to kill(without bodyarmor). But with the 30 round magazines its fine as it is at the moment.

Jesus christ this forum and its gun-wankers. .22 is shitty caliber,yes you can kill with one shot IF it hits heart or head. BUT even headshot with with .22 doesn't necessary kill. We had a school shooter who, in the end, shot himself in the head with .22 and lived hours after that.

PENETRATION is very very low. If you shoot to a window, it is possible that it doesn't penetrate even that. In-game press vest should eat .22 shots as breakfast.

The guy missed the vital point, there are enough reports of people killing themselves with a shot to the head and also quite a few who even survived multiple shots to the head with a .357...but in case he shot himself in the head or anywhere else more or less vital in a DayZ environment he wouldn't have gotten any help at all which makes the round lethal. It doesn't necessarily kill you with the first shot but i doubt any normal person is willing to continue his attack when he is hit by even the smallest caliber. It's a game, it's easy to brush it off because you can't feel the pain but let's say you have a .45 and get into a fight with someone with a .22LR pistol and said person manages to hit you with that pistol a couple of times i doubt your morale will still be as high as when you thought that guy just has a puny gun.

Edited by Enforcer

With a standard 40 grain bullet you get 1,080 ft/s (330 m/s) 104 ft·lbf (141 J)

This kind of force should knock you on your ass so I hope at least it has high shock damage.

141 j is far less than your average punch...  Boxers and martial artists are recorded at well over 1000 Js.... While potentially lethal, a .22 lr should NOT knock you on your ass nor would it come even close to "knocking you out" if you were hit in a ballistic helmet...

Edited by taco86

141 j is far less than your average punch...  Boxers and martial artists are recorded at well over 1000 Js.... While potentially lethal, a .22 lr should NOT knock you on your ass nor would it come even close to "knocking you out" if you were hit in a ballistic helmet...

Can I shoot you with my .22 rifle and put your opinion to the test?

• Like 1

Can I shoot you with my .22 rifle and put your opinion to the test?

?

And if this riffle is a glimpse at future crafting weapons power im just going to skip crafting weapons all together.

No you woun't skip .22 or crafted weapons, if the better option is made significantly more rare.

Or you can skip it and they you will get shot by people not being stupid and infact using bows or .22 rifles & pistols. 

I believe what I said what quite clear.

Clear, yes, but also clearly a terrible troll.  Just because you fail to understand how energy transfer works, doesn't mean you should pollute the forums with your incorrect opinion.

Inb4 you throw yet another "I'm such a victim" tantrum. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I think he says you wouldn't even be standing there once he points his gun at you even if you were wearing a helmet...

Clear, yes, but also clearly a terrible troll.  Just because you fail to understand how energy transfer works, doesn't mean you should pollute the forums with your incorrect opinion.

Inb4 you throw yet another "I'm such a victim" tantrum. :rolleyes:

Who is trolling here?

Edited by OR3GONIZ3D

I think he says you wouldn't even be standing there once he points his gun at you even if you were wearing a helmet...

No one in their right mind would ever want to be shot...  Regardless if you're wearing protection or not...  This also is a discussion about the stopping power of a .22lr, not about if people would like to be shot by one or not...

The reality is that a Kevlar NIJ IIIa helmet would eat large numbers of .22lr before failure.  They are completely capable of defeating a .44 magnum at point blank range, although head trauma from energy transfer is pretty much guaranteed as they can produce close to 2,000 joules.  141 joules though? As previously stated, that's significantly less than an average punch...

It could kill a person at long range but what about zombies? It would have very small stopping power.

It could kill a person at long range but what about zombies? It would have very small stopping power.

I believe dayz zombies are not your average undead walking dead style zombies, but instead infected humans.  They are more like 28 days later zombies, which are essentially super rabid humans.

P.S. If I'm wrong on the style "zombie" in dayz, please correct me.

but in case he shot himself in the head or anywhere else more or less vital in a DayZ environment he wouldn't have gotten any help at all which makes the round lethal

How about no, small caliber weapons don't kill you even without help of modern hospitals. If I shoot you with 0.22 to LESS VITAL part as you said it won't kill you, yes it will bleed but not kill.

0.22 doesn't do massive shock damage to musles like large faster-than-sound rounds do. Yes there will be a hole in your skin, yes it may pierce some parts inside you, but it will not still do much damage to surrounding tissue, and it will stay inside you without surgery.

• Like 1

No you woun't skip .22 or crafted weapons, if the better option is made significantly more rare.

Or you can skip it and they you will get shot by people not being stupid and infact using bows or .22 rifles & pistols. 

Yes i will because i can just use my fist or melee which are more silent and effective at times.

Yes i will because i can just use my fist or melee which are more silent and effective at times.

Yeah, fists are ideal ranged weapon.

Tell that to the next dude who will riddle your body with .22LR bullets.

• Like 1

Yeah, fists are ideal ranged weapon.

Tell that to the next dude who will riddle your body with .22LR bullets.

This is why you scout out towns before going in or just learn not to run around in obvious styles for ppl to find you? o.O LOL

This is why you scout out towns before going in or just learn not to run around in obvious styles for ppl to find you? o.O LOL

Eventually, you WILL make a mistake. Either you are overtired, or you have gotten cocky after being unmolested for the last 10 villages you've looted. Then, when you make that fatal mistake, I will be there to put a .22L round into your knee, and use you as bait for the zombies.

.22LR, ineffective my ass.

• Like 1

Eventually, you WILL make a mistake. Either you are overtired, or you have gotten cocky after being unmolested for the last 10 villages you've looted. Then, when you make that fatal mistake, I will be there to put a .22L round into your knee, and use you as bait for the zombies.

.22LR, ineffective my ass.

It needs to be ineffective for for ballistics. Its not very practical for zombie slaying or ppl if you have to chamber every round you fire. If the mags become hard to get its going to be one of those items your going to pass up regardless. Firing the damn gun currently will attract every zombie in radius to you almost as much. And if your telling me you can kill everyone and zombies while chambering the thing until you find cartidges all the more power to you i guess.

Also no if you keep on the move you really never have to run into anyone period unless your hitting coastal towns all the time.

I use to be a survivor, then I took a .22 to the knee.

• Like 1