Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

The New Hunting Rifle And Pistol

to say the mk3 is quite is not a good sign in my opinion having shot one in real life it should be ungodly quite all you should hear is the firing pin. why is it so damn hard to make guns authentic screw balanced I want authentic if a gun can one shot a person in real life then that's the way it should be if a gun is quieter than a mouse farting then that's the way it should be and a 22LR should kill a zed or human with one head shot. I mean do we want an arcade shooter or do we want an authentic simulation with realistic weapons and ballistics I know I do and by the way I know its alpha but don't tell anyone else.

I have first hand experience firing weapons. LOTS OF IT.

Here is a small sample of my collection, picture taken some years ago to prove a point on another game forum (MWO hence the NGNG teamspeak used as proof at the time).

P1010014-1_zps62341990.jpg

In that pic 22long rifle (10/22 Carbine), 7.62x39 (Norinco SKS), 38 Special (colt) 7mm Remington magnum (Remington 700), 45 ACP (Springfield 1911),  22long rifle (SW AR-22), 308 Winchester (howa 1500), 223 Remington  (bushmaster AR-15), 12 gauge (Remington 870), 40 SW (Smith and Wesson 4053)

I have killed animals with all of those save the 38 and the Howa, The Howa I built from the action, new barrel hand made stock. The Remington is in a custom stock with new bottom metal and a matchless finish that I again did myself.

Sorry wiki warrior you are wrong again. That is getting to be a habit for you.

good to know I'm not the only one who knows how some of these weapons behave. nice collection keep it up sir

to say the mk3 is quite is not a good sign in my opinion having shot one in real life it should be ungodly quite all you should hear is the firing pin. why is it so damn hard to make guns authentic screw balanced I want authentic if a gun can one shot a person in real life then that's the way it should be if a gun is quieter than a mouse farting then that's the way it should be and a 22LR should kill a zed or human with one head shot. I mean do we want an arcade shooter or do we want an authentic simulation with realistic weapons and ballistics I know I do and by the way I know its alpha but don't tell anyone else.

The problem with that is that realistically you get shot and you are probably going to die. There is no ER with trauma surgeons in the apocalypse, no ready access to antibiotics. Damaged flesh around a GSW turns necrotic, sepsis sets in and its over. Then again, total realism might drive away all the KOS players, wouldn't be much fun to gank people if a simple stab wound or GSW in the arm or leg could turn fatal.

good to know I'm not the only one who knows how some of these weapons behave. nice collection keep it up sir

Eh that is a part of a collection, as are the other pics. I LOVE guns.

Edited by Franchi

Hello there

Back on topic, please.

A point proven, lets move on.

Nice collection btw.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Not all of them in under an hour.

Not with perfect shadow.

Not on a semi complex background.

Reverse image search them bro.

Nice try wiki warrior.

Edit: 300

LOL, I never came in here boasting wiki findings and just because you took pictures of your dad's guns means nothing.  A .22LR is still going to ruin your day at 300m.

LOL, I never came in here boasting wiki findings and just because you took pictures of your dad's guns means nothing.  A .22LR is still going to ruin your day at 300m.

My Father is dead, my step dad (who gave me the wingmaster) lives 1561 miles away, Did I somehow make the 22 hour (one way) drive in under an hour with enough time to spare to pose the guns, take the pictures and upload them? try harder.

But I will humor you, even if they ARE my "dad's" guns (they most certainly are not) I obviously have access to them and the ammunition they fire, meaning I probably have fired them. Meaning I do in fact know what they can do.

The ballistic chart came from a firearms forum (not a wiki), it is accurate and relevant.

A 22lr at 300 yards isn't going to hit me with any reliability or regularity as YOUR video proved, much less ruin my day.

Edited by Franchi

My Father is dead, my step dad (who gave me the wingmaster) lives 1561 miles away, try harder.

But I will humor you, even if they ARE my "dads" guns (they most certainly are not)I obviously have access to them and the ammunition they fire, meaning I probably have fired them. Meaning I do in fact know what they can do.

The ballistic chart came from a firearms forum (not a wiki), it is accurate and relevant.

A 22lr at 300 yards isn't going to hit me with any reliability or regularity as YOUR video proved, much less ruin my day.

I never posted a video and I guarantee if I shoot you with a .22LR from 300 yards away I could get a kill shot.  You won't die instantly but you will indeed bleed out.  A knowledge of the body and vital organs is a wonderful thing.

I never posted a video and I guarantee if I shoot you with a .22LR from 300 yards away I could get a kill shot.  You won't die instantly but you will indeed bleed out.  A knowledge of the body and vital organs is a wonderful thing.

Sure if I stand still for the ten misses, then the reload but who would?

sorry bout the video accusation, it was demoths video not yours, I stand corrected on that.

A pitling 10 mile per hour wind over a 300yard shot with a 22 equates to about 55 inches of drift, combined with better than 8 feet of bullet drop, add in the FACT that the bullet will start tumbling erratically at around 250 yards and you have next to no chance of hitting a person with the first shot at 300 yards from a 10/22 carbine.

But whatever. Why follow reason, logic, experience and science.

You are right

The 22lr is a MAN KILLER effective at 1000 yards! Heck on the box it says it can be lethal at a mile!!!!!!!!!

I wash my hands of you.

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 1

Sure if I stand still for the ten misses, then the reload but who would?

sory bout the video accusation, it was demoths video not yours, I stand corrected on that.

A pitling 10 mile per hour wind over a 300yard shot with a 22 equates to about 55 inches of drift, combined with better than 8 feet of bullet drop, add in the FACT that the bullet will start tumbling erratically at around 250 yards and you have next to no chance of hitting a person with the first shot at 300 yards from a 10/22 carbine.

But whatever. Why follow reason, logic, experience and science.

You are right

The 22lr is a MAN KILLER effective at 1000 yards!

I wash my hands of you.

Nobody claimed it to be effective at 1000 yards but go ahead and rage, bro.   :facepalm:

Hello there

Lets keep off the who owns what stuff. Last time im warning about that.

At any reasonable distance IF you are hit by any round,especially in this "apocalypic" scenario things are NOT going to be good for you.

Even small cuts can quickly fester in a less than hygienic environment.

Will the .22's sheer force knock you down? Probably not, but its gonna make you think twice.

If i jab a pencil into you, you are gonna stop what you are doing.

At the end of the day you just do not want to be shot by anything at any part of your body.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

Hello there

Lets keep off the who owns what stuff. Last time im warning about that.

At any reasonable distance IF you are hit by any round,especially in this "apocalypic" scenario things are NOT going to be good for you.

Even small cuts can quickly fester in a less than hygienic environment.

Will the .22's sheer force knock you down? Probably not, but its gonna make you think twice.

If i jab a pencil into you, you are gonna stop what you are doing.

At the end of the day you just do not want to be shot by anything at any part of your body.

Rgds

LoK

Wearing ballistics should still be a HUGE factor in this. A .22 should not penetrate ballistic helms and jackets. You forget to take in this factor the only areas they should be able to penetrate are exposed areas such as the front of the face OR the arms and legs.

Edited by Deathlove

The SKS now need a clip to work. You no longer can load the weapon with loose ammo, you can chamber it though.

And the .22 weps suck, lots of bug, very underpowered and magazines are the second rarest items on DayZ (Leather Jacket being the first)

Wearing ballistics should still be a HUGE factor in this. A .22 should not penetrate ballistic helms and jackets. You forget to take in this factor the only areas they should be able to penetrate are exposed areas such as the front of the face OR the arms and legs.

snip

Hello there

I didnt forget ballistic armour. I wasnt talking about it. Rather about the actual round itself.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

The SKS now need a clip to work. You no longer can load the weapon with loose ammo, you can chamber it though.

And the .22 weps suck, lots of bug, very underpowered and magazines are the second rarest items on DayZ (Leather Jacket being the first)

I tried the SKS on tester server hard core and it STILL functions just like the regulare server you dont need to have a clip. Just insert the 10 rounds manually.

If you painted it than yes its bugged painted atm.

Hello there

I didnt forget ballistic armour. I wasnt talking about it. Rather about the actual round itself.

Rgds

LoK

I guess i just find it unrealistic that the .22 can instantly knock some one out wearing full ballistics and any place on the head can knock them out period.

Hello there

Fair enough, but we are getting way off your original topic.

Lets get back on it.

Rgds

LoK

I've been shot by a .22 Air Rifle... do I win?

I always thought the 10/22 would be used for more of a hunting weapon then a pvp one.

My previous statement implied you cannot hit a target past ~250-300 with a 22 carbine with any reliability, this is a fact your own video backs up. If you cannot hit it reliably you cannot kill it reliably. Given the small amount of damage caused by a 22LR at the speeds it travels at 200m+ the area you need to hit for a kill is very small.

Keep in mind that this is dayz, where getting shot in the chest by a 7.62x54 just needs a rag +some food to repair.

You cannot compensate for bullet tumble, there is no mathematical equation or ballistic chart that solves that one for you.

Sorry wiki warrior you are wrong.

In a game where multiple 45 ACP rounds to the chest and a 7.62x54r to the chest is survivable a 22lr should not be considered dangerous.

If you knew you were going to be shot but could pick the round would you choose to be shot by a 7mm Remington magnum or would you choose to be shot by a 22lr?

If I was stuck with just one gun I would choose a 30-06, pretty much every firearm company chambers a gun in it, most common center fire rifle in the US and is good enough for all game outside of dangerous African game (even there it can do the job). Effective at well over 800 yards.

Thankfully I will not be restricted to just one gun, I will have my assorted 22lrs, 22 magnum, 9mms, 38 special, 45 ACPs, assorted 223s, 762x39, 243, 308, 270, 762x54r, 30-06, 7mm Remington magnum, 20 gauge, 16 gauge and 12 gauge among others to choose from.

Honestly the logistics of medical supplies would be far more important than the logistics of ammunition.

Comparing the .22's damage to how other rounds work in this game isn't worth debating right now, as it has already been stated that the current damage values are way off.

This discussion is about how the .22 SHOULD be respected down the road. For anyone who says otherwise, I invite you to shoot yourself in the head with a .22 and see how easy it is to shake off.

Edit - Last statement is meant as a snarky comment, not an actual invitation to kill yourself.

Edited by Demoth

Been shooting some .22 guns in my life (not LR) and killing a zombie with 2 headshots sounds fine for gameplay balance. Round is kind of weak in terms of hydrostatic chock, so if you miss vital organs, you'd be in trouble irl.

Nobody claimed it to be effective at 1000 yards but go ahead and rage, bro. :facepalm:

Give it up, lad. You have obviously just been schooled.
  • Like 1

The 22 wont go thru the armor or even kill a person IN GAME without 5+ shots and I am ok with that but on zeds it should be a 1 shot kill as should any gunshot, i would dare say if a fire axe does the job 1 hit, a 22 should as well FOR THE PURPOSES OF GAMEPLAY otherwise the weapon is utterly and completely useless and has no place in the game.

The 22 wont go thru the armor or even kill a person IN GAME without 5+ shots and I am ok with that but on zeds it should be a 1 shot kill as should any gunshot, i would dare say if a fire axe does the job 1 hit, a 22 should as well FOR THE PURPOSES OF GAMEPLAY otherwise the weapon is utterly and completely useless and has no place in the game.

Thank you thats pretty much how i feel. Atm its ALL about stopping power not versatility of the weapon or how easy the ammo is to obtain.

Unless they start adding in more mechanics besides bleed that can kill a player with guns like this.