Sign in to follow this  
Zjasuu

Seriously do something to the blood loss.......

Then I run after them towards Gorka, and just when I reach them in the new police station I go unconscious, right when I started to put on a bandage(that the guy gave me), if I would have had the option to press my wound and mitigate the bleeding I wouldn't have died.

GET IT???

Yeah - but that doesn't really make sense if you're jogging or sprinting anyway. If anything, you should bleed faster while moving. Putting pressure on a giant gash wont help much if you're running a marathon. As Pillock stated, the injury mechanics are WIP and thus far this is what we have so relax a bit.

Also, there's NO WAY that "three towns" were completely looted of t-shirts. I call BS.

Edited by solodude23

It's so easy for people with english as their main language, none of you even understand what I'm trying to say. SO I'M GOING TO EXPLAIN IT HERE AND READ THIS SHIT IF YOU FUCKING HAVE A PROBLEM HERE:

I'm running to Polana, I see a zombie chasing 3 guys on a field, I go after them so I COULD ASK THEM IF THEY COULD PLEASE GIVE ME A CAN OPENER SO I DON'T FUCKING STARVE, they obviously don't see me since I'm 200 meters away from them, and behind them, luckily I have a rifle (the new 22.), I shoot it in THE AIR TO GET THEM TO NOTICE ME, well I thought one of them noticed me and I started to do the penguin dance, then a zombie hits me, I don't have any bandages since the last 3 towns were completely looted (by the guys I was following).

Then I run after them towards Gorka, and just when I reach them in the new police station I go unconscious, right when I started to put on a bandage(that the guy gave me), if I would have had the option to press my wound and mitigate the bleeding I wouldn't have died.

GET IT???

Giving you the benefit of the doubt here: I agree, perhaps some sort of action you can perform to slow blood loss if you are walking/stationary.

But dude, tone down the language please...

Also, prevention is better than cure ;-)

My recommendation has changed; don't play like a loser. Look, if you start out geared and loaded with bandages and guns, that kind of defeats the whole "try to survive" challenge. The challenge is to start with nothing and survive. So yeah, you start as a miserable loser by design. It's up to you, not the devs, to take it from there.

My Appologies,but..
you sir are, in every way, unbearable.

I don't care if I die, I just want the devs to do something about the miserable loser I have to play as.

Fine. I'm sure they will, eventually.

Posting when you're angry is usually a bad idea, though, because you're guaranteed to receive a shitstorm of abuse in return!

• Like 1

I didn't even notice until now how much I hated forums, this is like battlelog all over again.

I don't care if I die, I just want the devs to do something about the miserable loser I have to play as.

Then why so many tears about dying after you decided not to bandage? Again, a solution to this whole thread is to use a bandage or rag to stop your bleeding and survive. If you don't have a bandage, don't go running around shooting and dry humping zombies so they can hit you. You chose poorly. Next time make a better choice and use the bandage or don't be stupid.

Anything else we can clear up?

I didn't even notice until now how much I hated forums, this is like battlelog all over again.

To be honest man, you were the one that was acting like a child from the start, completely aside from any language barrier. I've been nice to you the whole time but I wont pretend like everyone else is being abusive towards you for no reason. You brought this upon yourself.

To be honest man, you were the one that was acting like a child from the start, completely aside from any language barrier. I've been nice to you the whole time but I wont pretend like everyone else is being abusive towards you for no reason. You brought this upon yourself.

Yeah I'm a pain in the ass I know it, you don't have to tell me that. But the thing is, I don't care what people on the internet think of me.

So, you're saying you initiated combat without having the proper medical supplies on hand?

I wouldn't engage in any sort of combat if I didn't have bandages on hand, far too risky.

Though, I actually understand what you're saying; why the hell can't we make bandages from pants???

If there is going to be an option to use direct pressure on a wound, then it should require you :

1) Be motionless

2) be sitting down

3) have empty hands

Literally anything else makes no sense if you want 1st aid to be realistic.

I love that you were chasing 3 dudes and shooting in the air... And you think they stopped and did a wiggle dance for your amusement. Death was deserved in this case. That's the ruling of the jury.

• Like 1

Well... you have to carry bandages around, or at least rags. When you dropped your t-shirt to put on the jacket you should have torn it into rags and kept them.

you brought this to yourself, it wouldn't of happened had you held back on firing your gun. 

Are there still some people that do not understand what I'm writing here? I wasn't trying to fucking shoot them.

In DayZ, blood loss is an indicator of poor health. If losing blood, it is recommended to administer first aid.

Are there still some people that do not understand what I'm writing here? I wasn't trying to fucking shoot them.

nobody is saying you were trying to shoot them, they are saying you are fucking stupid for ringing the dinner bell to get someones attention.

nobody is saying you were trying to shoot them, they are saying you are fucking stupid for ringing the dinner bell to get someones attention.

Look, buddy, I had 3 options,

1: Go to Polana trying to find a T-shirt while bleeding (they already had looted Polana)

2: Try to run to them (wouldn't had worked since they were running without weapons in hands

3: Shoot in the air and try to get their attention, I had nothing to lose either, really...

But the point of my thread (if it even has one) is that why can't I make bandages out of my jacket or my pants?

"Oh, I'm bleeding heavily? Ha, no worries, I will be perfectly fi-"

You are unconscious.

You are dead.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Look, buddy, I had 3 options,

1: Go to Polana trying to find a T-shirt while bleeding (they already had looted Polana)

2: Try to run to them (wouldn't had worked since they were running without weapons in hands

3: Shoot in the air and try to get their attention, I had nothing to lose either, really...

But the point of my thread (if it even has one) is that why can't I make bandages out of my jacket or my pants?

From what I've read you were bleeding from a zombie attack and were following some guys and shot in the air to get their attention.

You succeeded but were trying to catch up to them  

You bleed out once you caught up.

If this is correct then you made three mistakes.  

1.) Took a shot and attracted more zombies and/or scared the 3 guys into running. (They knew you had a gun thus would be cautious around you)

2.) Didn't carry appropriate medical supplies to deal with your situation.  You said you hadn't been able to find any so far but what did you do with your shirt?

3.) Failed to be aware of your surroundings and allowed the zombie to get close enough to make you bleed in the first place. You have a gun, shoot it. You have an melee weapon, hit it. You're out of bullets, run away.

I have no sympathy for you but understand the situation.  It sucks and agree that some form of preventative actions would be nice but DayZ is not a game that will baby you to health. It's a hard, harsh, and unforgiving world that will get you killed a dozen times over without a break.  And it is still an alpha game so changes will come. 

Till then, brush it off, start again and keep surviving. 

P.S. Have you ever tried to tear a pair of blue jeans with nothing but your hands? Maybe once you get a knife or axe or bayonet but good luck to you without something sharp.

My favorite part of this story is the fact that the OP thought it was smart to get a players attention by shooting a firearm....

Next time aim for the head... makes "getting thier attention" easier....

• Like 2

please say me OP is do trolling :D

after read was laugh straight away is making coffee going on my keyboard and monitor  :huh:

WTF? 

OK i understand - you want an option to make rags out of anything, jeans, jacket, bandana and as a last resort be able to use your hand to stem blood loss.

I agree and if you were dying you would find a way to tear your jeans apart.

Not sure about using your hand - for that to work you'd probably have to stop moving, or at least only be able to walk.