Sign in to follow this  
leefriendfield

New Guns In DayZ The Colt 1911, Sporter 22 And The CR 75

I just downloaded the new patch and enetered a schol house to find a colt 1911, thank you devs for adding this gun.

ejgpsdB.png

IRISH I LOVE YOU!

Sporter 22 added as well..  :)

mF5L88q.jpg

Thanks Gews!

There's a CR75 (sic) as well. Not my pics.

ZCxUGEy.jpg

Yes, this is experimental.

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 8

That looks badass!!

Love that 1911 design.

Edited by Rhodes

I just downloaded the new patch and enetered a schol house to find a colt 1911, thank you devs for adding this gun.

Are you for seriously? Fo' sheezy? Cause if this is a troll, it's going to be difficult to maintain this erection.

• Like 1

Give us a screenshot yo!

I'd love to see how it looks.

Colt45-1911A1_0168C_2.jpeg

Give us a screenshot yo!

I'd love to see how it looks.

There ya go!

Image courtesy LeeFriendField

ejgpsdB.png

OP; was this found in experimental or stable?

Image courtesy LeeFriendField

ejgpsdB.png

Clarification: Is this in stable or just experimental?

Side note: I am normally a great shot with pistols. I own two 1911's. A Kimber CDP II and a Springfield TRP.

I am a horrible shot with both. At 10 meters I can't hit 1 foor diameter plates... wtf.

With a Sig P226 in 9mm all the way to my S&W 629 classic in .44 magnun I'm knocking them down in rapid succession at 25 meters.

Point is, I'll always carry a 1911 because I love the look and feel. That's why you'll find me dead in the wastelands if an apocalypse happens with one in my hands, an empty mag, and no signs that I tagged my target.

• Like 1

My presious! 1911 Accept no imitators.

Invented and developed 1890-1900, adopted by United States army 1911.

In game text needs a correction.

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 1

Lapua really? This isnt epoch u know

never played the mod, so the reference is lost on me. was it an OP caliber? it should be, because it definitely is IRL.

i would have said 7mmRemMag, because I used to own one of those and it was VERY easy to hit a target at 500 yards, regularly. However, the .338 is a far more "common" sniper round and would probably fit the game better. Either way, they are both cannons that make the mosin look like a 30-30, and as someone who really enjoys sniping in dayz, I wouldn't mind having a real shoulder breaker in game...there are a few spots I would like to make use of that are sadly not viable at the moment because the mosin is just too wild and unreliable over 500m.

Back on topic though...now that we have a new, second semi-auto pistol in the mix, will the realism factor mean that FNX mags and accessories won't fit the 1911, and vice-versa? Or is that too much to ask for right now?

When I look at the helmet on the gun all I can think of is condoms.

Clarification: Is this in stable or just experimental?

Side note: I am normally a great shot with pistols. I own two 1911's. A Kimber CDP II and a Springfield TRP.

I am a horrible shot with both. At 10 meters I can't hit 1 foor diameter plates... wtf.

With a Sig P226 in 9mm all the way to my S&W 629 classic in .44 magnun I'm knocking them down in rapid succession at 25 meters.

Point is, I'll always carry a 1911 because I love the look and feel. That's why you'll find me dead in the wastelands if an apocalypse happens with one in my hands, an empty mag, and no signs that I tagged my target.

experimental

Edited by LeeFriendField

Sporter 22 added as well.. :)

mF5L88q.jpg

• Like 3

Sporter 22 added as well.. :)

mF5L88q.jpg

This also just made my day. Now we can have a longarm and sidearm of the same caiber! This will be perfect for secretly, silently assaulting in towns. PLEASE let us put a scope on it.

This also just made my day. Now we can have a longarm and sidearm of the same caiber! This will be perfect for secretly, silently assaulting in towns. PLEASE let us put a scope on it.

I actually own one of these.. use it for small game; SUPER accurate.  Literally shot a rabbit between its eyes once.  There is no scope option. No rails, no mounts.  If it did it would be custom.

Edited by Mr Jizz

waitwaitwait

regular patch?

not experimental?

exp. patch.

Also this: Sporter 22, CR75, Amphibia S, 1911 and respective magazines and ammo (22LR and 9mm) added to spawns

It's pretty weak, less than half the damage of the .45s or .357. They should buff it to, say, 75% or more.

ZCxUGEy.jpg

X6a6Ytg.jpg

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

I actually own one of these.. use it for small game; SUPER accurate.  Literally shot a rabbit between its eyes once.  There is no scope option. No rails, no mounts.  If it did it would be custom.

10/22s come drilled and taped for scope mounts. Unless this is some knockoff I am not familiar with.

Very nice! I can finally have a CZ in-game (I own a Tanfoglio clone of the CZ-75)! Looks like it has threads for a suppressor as well. 

Other random thoughts: 

The 1911 doesn't look like a Colt. From those grips, I'd say they took the looks from the STI Spartan. Either way, one of the most iconic pistols ever, I'm glad it's here.

Are those lead bullets in those 9mm rounds? I don't know anyone who shoots anything but jacketed or hollowpoint jacketed 9's... But maybe the Chernarussians couldn't afford those :). 

What's an Amphibia S? Anyone got images?

It's pretty weak, less than half the damage of the .45s or .357. They should buff it to, say, 75% or more.

ZCxUGEy.jpg

X6a6Ytg.jpg

Looks damm good