Meekalew

Regular vs Hardcore: Why do you play?

Why do you say that?

I see more people from 3PP bashing 1PP players than 1PP players bashing 3PP players in this thread, that said... it's not really about which is better. The servers are separate, you have choice of style to play.

I'm just curious about people and why they make that choice for themselves, not why other people suck for making a different choice (because they don't, it's just a play preference).

I've been through quite a few of these threads and generally the 3pp players don't care if people want to play 1pp, but 1pp players care a whole hell of a lot whether people play 3pp or not. So far as to call the whole thing an exploit, crutch, pathetic, noobish....

• Like 2

So lamecore. I play only using a Hawkian blow-tube for controls, my eyes shut, my headphones reversed, and a knife on a piston that drives through my brain if I die.

Boooo. What a casual.

I sneak into Spetsnaz training facilities in the nude with an ice pick and start helicopter spinning at them. I make sure I have a boombox strapped to my chest blaring the Ukraine national anthem.

I'm a ghost BTW. In hell, we get laptops but we can only go to the DayZ forums. Hmmm.

• Like 2

Boooo. What a casual.

I sneak into Spetsnaz training facilities in the nude with an ice pick and start helicopter spinning at them. I make sure I have a boombox strapped to my chest blaring the Ukraine national anthem.

I'm a ghost BTW. In hell, we get laptops but we can only go to the DayZ forums. Hmmm.

You win this round Demoth....

I think i worked out why some people have the illusion the 3rd person is harder - they must be the guys that camp rooftops using 3rd person exploit to look at everyone below them? Or they camp behind a wall? 

Dayz isn't about camping someplace to kill someone. Well, obviously it is for some people who just pew pew.

Crossing an open field doesn't matter if you're in 3rd or 1st person view. Anyone scoping the field will be in cover anyway and if they're behind the hill looking over, that's not an argument for it being harder! It's an argument for making it blatantly easier for the person behind the hill!

The person on the field isn't going to be anymore disadvantaged in either view right? How can he be he's at the bottom of the hill. Neither view will allow him to look over it or look through trees so the advantage goes entirely to the attacker.

Now go to a 1st person only - the attacker must now expose himself. The defender is only better off now because his attacker must look around things to see and possibly give himself away. The attacker still has the advantage, massively but at least now he's not using god mode. Now the defender already has it hard but now the attacker has it harder, not easier. On a roof top the attacker has god mode in 3rd person, sat stationary behind anything  the attacker has it easy using god mode.

And everyone is forgetting the zeds too. When they are introduced properly, how easy is it going to be to use ur wallhack to avoid them?

In 3rd person view your basically giving sociopaths an easy time to KOS everyone they see from their camp spots and the only reason it doesn't end up in a game where everyone camps is because most of us are happy to run around looting giving the campers a target to go after.

or ya know, some just prefer that view...

To paraphrase a master swordsman and CIA spook extraordinaire: that word you keep using, I do not think it means what you think it means. How can 3pp be more immersive? Like you lose yourself in the realism of the world by viewing your life through a Google glass feed fed to you by a personal drone helicopter flying above your right shoulder?

Just because you don't find it immersive don't mean others can't.  

or ya know, some just prefer that view...

Wasn't saying anything about preference. Seriously, that's what you got from what I wrote??  <_<

I play on hardcore server because I accidently joined a hardcore server once after I died and I was too lazy to change to a regular server again. And now I have some nice gear and got used to the first person view. That's why I keep playing on hardcore servers.

lol - that's almost exactly how I started playing hardcore, back before I realized they were separate hives.  I joined a hardcore server and thought I'd lost all of my stuff.  I've stayed on hardcore because that's the way I like to play and in my opinion looking around corners/over walls without exposing yourself at all is cheating.  YMMV.

• Like 1

Just because you don't find it immersive don't mean others can't.

I believe you are using the term subjectively though, and that's fair enough, but objectively a 3rd person viewpoint provides less immersion purely on the basis that it doesn't reflect the viewpoint you would experience in the real world.

• Like 2

I believe you are using the term subjectively though, and that's fair enough, but objectively a 3rd person viewpoint provides less immersion purely on the basis that it doesn't reflect the viewpoint you would experience in the real world.

Personally, I feel more natural in my ability to navigate in 3PP. One thing that always pulls me right out of immersion is getting stuck on stuff in 1PP and having to look around / back up to find out why, since movement is a bit clunky.

• Like 2

Wasn't saying anything about preference. Seriously, that's what you got from what I wrote?? <_<

Your post was, however, pretty judgemental.

It really sounded like, "3PP is fine if you need your mom to hold your two inch dick while you pee. I mean, play as you want, even if it is ez mode for losers".

Thank you! Like I said, I don't give a flip how you play because I'll be on a hardcore server. I just find it off that people prefer 3pp for and reason other than it being easier.

It's a game, I play to enjoy myself, I don't play to 'reflect real world experiences', if I wan't that I go into the woods and play some airsoft.  By all means get rid of my 'magic eye', I would still use the 3PP view.  Why?  Because I, personally, can get more immersed in the game than if I use 1PP.  The only games I don't use 3PP for is racing games.  If that makes me a lesser player than so be it, I'm pretty shit at most games anyway so it would be nothing new. 

Objectively doesn't matter, only subjectively... whichever view immerses the player the most.

I personally play both, always have. I find no difference in immersion between the two, they are just different experiences to me - both equally immersive.

• Like 1

Because I, personally, can get more immersed in the game than if I use 1PP.

...whichever view immerses the player the most.

Congratulations gents, you both failed to understand the point I was making. ;)

It's a game, I play to enjoy myself, I don't play to 'reflect real world experiences', if I wan't that I go into the woods and play some airsoft. By all means get rid of my 'magic eye', I would still use the 3PP view. Why? Because I, personally, can get more immersed in the game than if I use 1PP. The only games I don't use 3PP for is racing games. If that makes me a lesser player than so be it, I'm pretty shit at most games anyway so it would be nothing new.

That's cool. I'm all for having fun and enjoying yourself. Unfortunately some people use 3pp to exploit the environment and camp players using unfair sight advantages which makes it less fun for others. But as I said, who ducking gives a duck. I'll just play on HC servers. And watch HC pron.

• Like 1

Congratulations gents, you both failed to understand the point I was making. ;)

Not really, your point in making that statement was to suggest that immersion is a measurable thing which of course it is not. The fact that FPV is closer to the viewpoint from which we see the world is irrelevant really... Watching a movie at the cinema in 3D doesnt necessarily give us a more intense experience than in normal 2D, it may for some but won't for others. Subjective :)

Edited by Jamz
  • Like 1

That's cool. I'm all for having fun and enjoying yourself. Unfortunately some people use 3pp to exploit the environment and camp players using unfair sight advantages which makes it less fun for others. But as I said, who ducking gives a duck. I'll just play on HC servers. And watch HC pron.

We all have the same view options, so I personally don't see it as unfair.  That dude got the drop on me, so fair play to him.  It's just a different tactic.  

With or without the magic eye, you will still get campers.  It's a legitimate tactic, boring as fuck, but still a legitimate play style. 

While I'm ok with people using either view I can't agree with 3PP being more immersive or even equally immersive as 1PP.

The first firefight I ever got in on normal ruined it for me when I realized that firefights on normal =  wall/corner dancing. It completely destroys the mechanics of firefights and lessens the usefulness of using proper tactics. Felt too silly to ever go back to.  :P

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

one could which for people not getting buthurt by the term "hardcore" ..they could've just as easily called it "plerrthhh" but they choose "hardcore". it is not an insult against your way of playing this game ..you know...

You'll never get this on a 3pp

I play on hardcore servers because I know that anyone who sees me can be seen by me, just as in real life. I only play "regular" servers when I want to dick around and kill everything.

That's cool. I'm all for having fun and enjoying yourself. Unfortunately some people use 3pp to exploit the environment and camp players using unfair sight advantages which makes it less fun for others.

Im not in much situations for it to matter as probably why I dont mind it too much that people do it.

Do I still hate the fact that people use the 3rd view to exploit a advantage against other players? Surely do.. But, I will still play in 3rd person servers though plainly cause I enjoy playing in both views, something that will probably become even more enjoyable to me when more concepts are implemented into the game that isnt just dealing with other players. The only time I really cared to play in 1st person only servers as of yet is if I feel like sitting in a town to find some people to fight against.

Personally I hope 3rd person gets fixed like others and I suggested to remove the ability to exploit it while still keeping 3rd person view available.

You'll never get this on a 3pp

what, people hunting hunters? pretty sure you do get that in most servers regardless of the view used!