leefriendfield

Please Add The Ability To Text Over The Radio

You should not be allowed to play then.

What the fuck?

Players without microphones shouldn't be allowed to play? Your profile image has a nice mustache, because its misleading- Anyone with that fine of a mustache would realize that not every person using DayZ will have constant access to a microphone!

If someone is playing in a house with others, he may not be able to talk as others may be sleeping, talking, etc, or playing say, loud music, that will disturb in-game players. Plus, some players may not be in the mood to talk or might just not be allowed. You do not know the current situation of anyone and assuming all those without a mic shouldn't be allowed to play is a broad and harsh assumption.

I have a mic, but why should I use it if others are trying to sleep a room over? That is just rude. According to you, though, I better be rude or my copy of DayZ should be revoked.

People like you perplex me.

• Like 2

What the fuck?

Players without microphones shouldn't be allowed to play? Your profile image has a nice mustache, because its misleading- Anyone with that fine of a mustache would realize that not every person using DayZ will have constant access to a microphone!

If someone is playing in a house with others, he may not be able to talk as others may be sleeping, talking, etc, or playing say, loud music, that will disturb in-game players. Plus, some players may not be in the mood to talk or might just not be allowed. You do not know the current situation of anyone and assuming all those without a mic shouldn't be allowed to play is a broad and harsh assumption.

I have a mic, but why should I use it if others are trying to sleep a room over? That is just rude. According to you, though, I better be rude or my copy of DayZ should be revoked.

People like you perplex me.

Beans for you!

If you want to do anything besides talk over a radio, other than send a test signal, you guys can feel free to add short and long beeps for Morse code, otherwise; how exactly in the hell would you TYPE on a short range radio?  They're not cell phones with keyboards.

• Like 1

If you want to do anything besides talk over a radio, other than send a test signal, you guys can feel free to add short and long beeps for Morse code, otherwise; how exactly in the hell would you TYPE on a short range radio?  They're not cell phones with keyboards.

How the hell do you type to people in direct chat then? The reason is, is that its supposed to simulate talking just like typing in direct.

• Like 1

Agree, I seem to be having issues with my mic right now, it used to work fine, so I'm sometimes resorting to text chat, as long at it functions the same way as voice over the radio I don't see why anybody would argue against it unless they are in desperate need of attention.

The amount of ignorant and hateful posts in this thread is appalling.

There are people that have physical problems using their voice, it's not about the fucking money.

Also, if my girlfriend is taking a nap on the couch next to me I'm not going to be a rude asshole and use my mic to wake her up so one of you nerds can cry about the realism aspect of the game.

• Like 3

The amount of ignorant and hateful posts in this thread is appalling.

There are people that have physical problems using their voice, it's not about the fucking money.

Also, if my girlfriend is taking a nap on the couch next to me I'm not going to be a rude asshole and use my mic to wake her up so one of you nerds can cry about the realism aspect of the game.

Ah i think you lost half of them using a word like girlfriend i can hear them typing into google now to find out what that is....

Im a married man and i usually use my mic but times i just cant be bothered putting it in or my missus is doing something so i go silent lol if it kills your immersion sorry but hopefully the sks rounds in the head will help ...

• Like 1

We need global chat. We need to know the names of people that kill us and that we kill. You know, like all normal MP games out there in the interwebz

Edited by Highlander007

You are an idiot.

Your avatar pic is why I kill on sight. If I grief just one asshole that looks like that, it's all been worth it.

We need global chat. We need to know the names of people that kill us and that we kill. You know, like all normal MP games out there in the interwebz

I cannot agree. If you go to war, and you get shot, will you know the name of the person that shot you? Very unlikely.

Your avatar pic is why I kill on sight. If I grief just one asshole that looks like that, it's all been worth it.

Someone sounds mad.

:D

is possible buy cheap mic for < £5 is no excuse :huh:

if you cant talk for other reasons you cant use radio ;)

is only attention seek troll who feel need to broadcast to other player who are far away in game with text chat >:(

99.99999% of player just want to play and enjoy sensible system where is possible to communicate with guys who are in closer distance or using radio in normal way :thumbsup:  ;)

Couldn't disagree more. Global chat would be abused and/or would be highly annoying, and not least of all it would ruin any immersion. 

As for knowing who kills you, what would that achieve? In other games if you place the cursor over a player you see the player's name, that is not the case for DayZ. The only way for you to know a name is if they tell you over voip or they use local text. I just don't see the benefit of knowing the person's name who kills you, and in fact I feel that it would remove a little from the game and for a silly analogy I could say you wouldn't know the name of the person killing you in real life.

It's a bit hipster as I can't imagine many people knowing morse code, but the ability to send/receive it is a great idea. Whether or not you meant it in jest, you have my beans.

• Like 1

I agree with this idea 100%. I have never and probably never will use a mic in dayz, as I prefer text chat while it might interfere with so called "realism" people need to remember this is a game. Sometimes realism needs to be put aside somewhat to make the game better for players, such as the idea presented.

It saddens me (but does not surprise me) that amount of ignorance and seeming stupidity coming from people in this topic. As stated by those who posted before me, there are many reasons why people don't use a mic, and people should not be forced to. Also people seem to be forgetting that Dayz is not only played by Americans win access to cheap mic's. All the stores mentioned in this thread are not even in they country where I live.

Couldn't disagree more. Global chat would be abused and/or would be highly annoying, and not least of all it would ruin any immersion.

As for knowing who kills you, what would that achieve? In other games if you place the cursor over a player you see the player's name, that is not the case for DayZ. The only way for you to know a name is if they tell you over voip or they use local text. I just don't see the benefit of knowing the person's name who kills you, and in fact I feel that it would remove a little from the game and for a silly analogy I could say you wouldn't know the name of the person killing you in real life.

It's a bit hipster as I can't imagine many people knowing morse code, but the ability to send/receive it is a great idea. Whether or not you meant it in jest, you have my beans.

When I was a kid in the '80s my walkie-talkies had a morse code guide on the back.

Because of cheaters and reporting of same.

And just don't now say that there are no cheaters because that will just make me go to YT and pull out videos that will likely upset you . I don't want you upset tho, but calm and playing without a worry  B)

Edited by Highlander007

Because of cheaters and reporting of same.

Number of "fair" deaths > number of deaths from cheating.

In short you are changing the game for a very small percentage of kills. Also, knowing the name doesn't actually help that much in terms of proving someone is hacking and/or cheating. It should be based on logs and observation of their play, done from admin level.

And just don't now say that there are no cheaters because that will just make me go to YT and pull out videos that will likely upset you . I don't want you upset tho, but calm and playing without a worry  B)

Why would you upset me? If you'd read some of my previous posts I've said that cheaters/hackers/glitchers will always be part of an online gaming community no matter what you do, it's all about minimising them rather than eradicating them.

I agree with this idea 100%. I have never and probably never will use a mic in dayz, as I prefer text chat while it might interfere with so called "realism" people need to remember this is a game. Sometimes realism needs to be put aside somewhat to make the game better for players, such as the idea presented.

It saddens me (but does not surprise me) that amount of ignorance and seeming stupidity coming from people in this topic. As stated by those who posted before me, there are many reasons why people don't use a mic, and people should not be forced to. Also people seem to be forgetting that Dayz is not only played by Americans win access to cheap mic's. All the stores mentioned in this thread are not even in they country where I live.

I don't think people should be forced to use a mic, but as the game is aiming for the greatest level of immersion I think it's the ideal method of communication. If you use text chat all the time you'll know how clunky it is. You can't stand there chatting to someone and then react quickly if they raise their gun to you. It's the clumsiness I have an issue with rather than it's use.

• Like 1

I don't think people should be forced to use a mic, but as the game is aiming for the greatest level of immersion I think it's the ideal method of communication. If you use text chat all the time you'll know how clunky it is. You can't stand there chatting to someone and then react quickly if they raise their gun to you. It's the clumsiness I have an issue with rather than it's use.

People that are physically unable to use the mic need to be able to communicate as well as anyone with a mic. (time to perform action aside - talking vs typing) Immersion doesn't matter.

The 2000's called and want their computers back. Practically everyone has a a mic, and if you don't. Just wow.

Agreed.  If you're a PC gamer and you don't have a mic in 2014 you are doing it wrong.  They sell them as low as 10$.