Goddam Firestations

Why co-operate if you're gonna get shot anyways?

99% of the time after people hold you up, they shoot you. Even if one member of the group says they wont someone else usually just does. Seeing as this is the case, I don't understand why people even bother co-operating with hold-ups. So stop complaining that bambi isn't listening to you cause you guys kill us after anyways. May as well go out fighting.

• Like 1

99% of the time after people hold you up, they shoot you. Even if one member of the group says they wont someone else usually just does. Seeing as this is the case, I don't understand why people even bother co-operating with hold-ups. So stop complaining that bambi isn't listening to you cause you guys kill us after anyways. May as well go out fighting.

Either run or fight - don't ever surrender or you're gonna die guaranteed. At least running/fighting gets you a 50/50 chance of survival. 

• Like 6

I got hold up fully geared by a squad of people that also were kitted. They took my fully kitted M4 and some 60 round mags then they let me live. After all, I complied with their demands. I was inside a jail building then over the mic they told me to go out. I didn't draw any weapon, I just stood up, and walked out. I stripped down everything as they demanded, they took some stuff, then they left. I was sure that if I did anything stupid I would die since the squad was like four or five.

To this day that same character that got mugged by them is still alive. :) Happened some months ago.

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 11

Really depends on the people that hold you up. Try to tell their true intentions by their voice. If they seem like alright guys, then just go with it. If not, fight back. You'll most likely get shot in the back if you run.

• Like 1

Getting shot dead isn't that much of a loss in the current state of the game - especially if you're a bambi.

But participating in hold ups - either as victim or perpetrator - can provide some of the more amusing and interesting pieces of DayZ experience. I think it's worth the risk trying to cooperate. For me, i'd rather risk death than risk not ever having any fun interactions.

• Like 12

Either run or fight - don't ever surrender or you're gonna die guaranteed. At least running/fighting gets you a 50/50 chance of survival. 

I've survived more than once when surrendering. BAM ruined your statistic. :)

Only been held up twice ever actually, but I decided to comply both times and survived.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 4

Getting shot dead isn't that much of a loss in the current state of the game - especially if you're a bambi.

But participating in hold ups - either as victim or perpetrator - can provide some of the more amusing and interesting pieces of DayZ experience. I think it's worth the risk trying to cooperate. For me, i'd rather risk death than risk not ever having any fun interactions.

lol being robbed doesnt amount to fun interactions for me. however shooting at people who try to rob me does.

If you are only in it to "win" why even bother playing dayz? Arma would give you a lot more firefights with less downtime inbetween

• Like 2

If you are only in it to "win" why even bother playing dayz? Arma would give you a lot more firefights with less downtime inbetween

i dont play dayz for firefights, but that doesnt mean im just gonna hand over my stuff because some random asshat demands it. if you want to be a bandit, you better be prepared for people who are gonna fight back.

lol being robbed doesnt amount to fun interactions for me. however shooting at people who try to rob me does.

That's as maybe. But I reckon you can usually gauge people's intentions/mood over direct chat to an extent, and make up your mind if they're worth interacting with. Some people are roleplaying, some people are larking about, some people are just dicks: but you can often tell which ones are which, in my experience.

I got held up in Cherno recently - they guy relieved me of some ammo, but then let me go (I didn't have a gun). I bumped into him about 20 minutes later, and he said, "Oh, it's you again. I've just killed a sniper on that tower over there - I'll cover you if you want to go and loot the body." So I did, and got myself some excellent gear out of it. He then got me into a firefight with the dead sniper's angry mates and I nearly died - but it was good fun and a bit of variety from my usual solo wanderings.

Player interactions are what make the game different and interesting for me - I don't care for the kill-or-be-killed mentality.

Edited by Pillock
  • Like 6

In one of my older clans me and my friends would almost always hold people up granted they didn't have guns/occasionally when their guns weren't out. If they tried running, there were 4 of us with guns so they would die, if they allowed us to search their backpacks for supplies that we needed we would usually take what we needed and give them what we didn't need; once we even let someone tag along with us for a bit before the server restarted. 

It depends on who you run into. 

edit:

Everyone says just run away in a full sprint and they usually won't hit you; if the person shooting is willing to take their time before taking the shot its usually fairly easy to hit someone, or if he/she has an M4A1 they don't need to be very accurate to hit you, just spray you with Bullets.

Edited by Timecharge

The problem is on both sides. Ass-hat-wanna-be-bandit that either KOS's or if he manages to hold one up, shoots him anyways just to be safe.

Or the guy that gets held up and decides to take the chances to turn around and shoot because he considers himself dead anyway because of the bandit.

When I play banditry in a group, my mates and me usually try to hold up people with good gear and steal some of it to distribute it to people that have no gear at all, or are very weak. Only requirement to survive is: follow our orders and don't act stupid.

We always show 3 out of 4 players in our group so that the victim(s) know(s) he is outnumbered. You wouldn't believe how many players with a Mosin/SKS on Balota airfield think they stand a chance making a 180 degree turn and shoot 3 guys aiming at him.

The smarter players survive. Those are usually the ones that comply to what is requested and often, we even let them keep their weapon including ammo. (Which we take away but drop 200m away so that it can be picked up again).

Now when I am playing alone and try to hold up someone, odds that you are dead are increasing because obviously, a lone-wolf is more trigger-happy if you act stupid. However, it doesn't mean you are dead.

Personally, I have been held up multiple times by groups as well and Coastal-bandits are the ones that let you spawn, hold you up for some minutes, handcuff you (or not) and then have some fun with you. You are dead though, cause they shoot you. Those are just weak players. I don't stop for them anymore. Die-respawn is quicker than wasting 5 mins with them. However, getting held up anywhere away from the coast and especially outside of Electro, can be super-fun. And just don't act stupid. Stupidity gets you killed.

• Like 3

Last time I got held up, two guys with M4s, that didn't have a magazines, tried to. My magnum ended their lives quickly.

I've watched many a video where one guy in a group just kills someone they hold up for no reason, and the rest of the team usually does a 'WTF?!'. 

I have never shot someone that surrendered/cooperated.. but all i ask is, don't point a gun at me.

your advise however, is gonna get people shot

• Like 2

I have never shot someone that surrendered/cooperated.. but all i ask is, don't point a gun at me.

your advise however, is gonna get people shot

The chances of getting shot or poisoned are a lot higher than getting robbed and let loose at the moment, so if you run/fight, you still have a better chance to survive.  

Waiting for someone to do a social experiment on youtube to confirm...  ;)

They should let us to set password on ours server, I want to buy it so 17 friends too... We like to farm and do PVE, sad looking such a nice game... GG PVP players :)

• Like 1

If I come across someone who looks a bit new, or running around with melee weapons out, I stay hidden and ask for co-operation and drop all weapons etc

Funnily enough majority have complied, as I guess the element of surprise got them. Everyone has walked away with some pipsi or nuca cola and bag of rice. I make them go on their merry way and keep overwatch for unsuspecting bandits until they vanish.

Next time, try staying hidden and announce yourself, tone in your voice is key for this. Ask them to drop and see what happens. Even if you don't have a weapon! You have the advantage.

I try and make each life count, it is worthless if I die. So comply I will, even if that means I survive with my underwear and no food, I still win in my eyes. It is far too easy just to write a character off when things are looking grim. 

It is always a certain death when faced with a veteran player, to whom you do not comply with. Go on and try to run while muttering a few words, you only make your own situation worse... The skill of some players in this game is incredible.

Anywho, we all play differently so no right or wrong way to go about things. 

Edited by Nuggit
  • Like 3

I agree with you, and never get held up because I run, hide, or punch people as a fresh spawn. However its fair to say some people enjoy being held up. Not exactly, but they enjoy the role they play, the scared hostage. For them its fun and I respect that

I thought you were talking about co-operating with another player to go against the odds. At first I was thinking "wtf!?", but then I saw what you meant.

Never go down like a bitch. fight or flight. (Always fight)

Earlier today I held up a Bambi... I cuffed him and I was with my buddies, one of my squadmates had a pistol held to his head and he kept saying "You're gonna shoot me aren't you, let me join your squad, I'm new, Please don't shoot me, Don't take my helmet". I would have let him go free if he wasn't so annoying about it.. Basically, I took what was useful, then I tried to force feed him disinfectant spray, but I sorta drank it myself... I recorded that though, so it's quite funny. Then after I drank some, I fed the rest to him. It was a waste, though, as after I unlocked the cuffs, I shot him in the back with my M4. I felt bad at first, but really, he was in Cherno. (He was new to the game) He must also learn his lesson that Cherno and Elektro are NOT friendly places, so I'm glad he ran into us. Though I still wish I would've helped him :s

got held up fully gear in eletro, 4 guys cuffed me and took my blood. They said thanks and let me go but left me in the cuffs. Broke free and survived.

• Like 1

Is we hold up someone he will be executed if attitude is:

- boring

- tries to log

- stays silent for long

- has no humour

All the others will live.

We even gave one of them ( after we extracted some of his O- precious blood !!! ) a magnum with 1 bullet and a matching gun sling.

There is no honour amongst bandits, that is true, but survival depends on both, kidnapped and bandit, not only on one.

One of the most boring victims we just left alone in the wild, out of view, a good 10 minutes crawl from the coast road... kneecaps blasted. He was really so so boring he didn't even deserve to die.

I said this before, play your character the best you can and TRY to be imaginative and SURVIVE.

If you try your luck you are not trying to SURVIVE.

A group intended on killing you WILL shoot you dead as soon as you put your hands in your head.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

i have a dream that one day there won´t be any threads concerning getting killed in a sandbox game which features firearms.

• Like 4

well… i don´t kill after holding someone up, unless thay raise their fists.

• Like 1