dayztester91

DayZ feels American

Yet again the community forgets this is a game.

Yeah i was gutted the other day I went to Tescos and couldnt find a notacola classic anywhere...

I'm 100% with you, OP. By this point we should get signature weapons like the makarov pistol and the AK-47. The pipsi makes sense though, since big corporations export their product to almost any crevice of the earth, but the tactical shirts with the American flag are unacceptable. 

The fact that there's pink clothing proves it's not authentic Russian. ;)

Have you seen how gay putin is?

• Like 1

I'm 100% with you, OP. By this point we should get signature weapons like the makarov pistol and the AK-47. The pipsi makes sense though, since big corporations export their product to almost any crevice of the earth, but the tactical shirts with the American flag are unacceptable. 

how to tell that the OP isnt very educated on firearms, M4? yea cause theres only one company who has ever made a ar 15, m16, ect. and same goes for the magnum, theres more than one revolver that shoots .375, theres even a few autos that take the caliber

I think he is just referring to the fact that we got M4s instead of AK-47.

I don't want to generalize or start a country vs. country argument, but...

Does Americans really think they are doing countries a favor by invading, and then ´´rebuilding´´ them? Really? Really?

I'm not sure if it's some kind of sarcasm, but I can't detect it.

Really?

That is so horribly stupid. (sorry but holy crap it is mind-twisting)

Really?

No, but we are doing them a favor by coming to their aid when they cry for our help.  Our country helps the people of other countries more than our own people.  You may see us as sticking our nose into everyone else's business but those other countries are asking us to be there.  We actually have the most diverse population of people out of all countries in the world as well.  People outside of America should really do some research instead of blindly believing everything their local news outlets have to say.  

its laid out like a small part of the Czech Republic.

https://www.google.com/maps?t=h&ll=50.7130699,14.0857862&spn=0.0231758,0.0488014&q=Lipov%C3%A1&output=classic

The river is the coast

So its set in a NATO member state who issues limited numbers of Bushmaster M4's to sections of its military.

Until the Euro children find something more definitive than this and the wiki they need to cry in private about seeing "western" items.

The Czechs speak Russian? Well, you learn something new everyday. Thank you American children.

I think he is just referring to the fact that we got M4s instead of AK-47.

AK 47 was NEVER on my top list of firearms to begin with anyways. Its WAY to main stream in EVERY war game. American or not lets have some other weapons shine besides the AK 47. I dont care how much you Russians like it or believe its a  vital part of the lore to the country its just WAY WAY to main stream a weapon.

AK 47 was NEVER on my top list of firearms to begin with anyways. Its WAY to main stream in EVERY war game. American or not lets have some other weapons shine besides the AK 47. I dont care how much you Russians like it or believe its a  vital part of the lore to the country its just WAY WAY to main stream a weapon.

is mainstream because IS number one gun ever make on planet is millions existing around world :huh:

Got to love how americans always get lumped into "one group" yet there is 400,000,000 of us across almost 3,000,000 square miles...  Compare that to the EU at around 500,000,000 million people, and 1,700,000 square miles... When you break the U.S. into states, which btw all have seperated state governments, the comparison becomes even more relevant...  Pretending that every american is the same is almost as bad as me pretending every person within the EU is the same...

Also, as a note about guns in the U.S.....  less than 25% of the population owns at least one firearm, meaning that the vast majority are not gun totting "lunatics" (the overwhelming majority of gun owners are extremely responsible btw) as international propaganda seems to commonly portray us...  Furthermore, most americans have and still do detest our foreighn policy, so please, don't go bashing an entire nation off of some misguided bias...

Edited by taco86

Furthermore, most americans have and still do detest our foreighn policy, so please, don't go bashing an entire nation off of some misguided bias...

Whether you like it or not, the politicians you have elected have pursued policies that has put you at odds with the majority of the world. Don't blame other nations for the hate when those in power are the ones that have caused it to be this way.

I know it's not Joe or Bob or Betty's fault personally, but bottom line? Stop voting in fucktards to represent you.

Whether you like it or not, the politicians you have elected have pursued policies that has put you at odds with the majority of the world. Don't blame other nations for the hate when those in power are the ones that have caused it to be this way.

I know it's not Joe or Bob or Betty's fault personally, but bottom line? Stop voting in fucktards to represent you.

Thank you for showing how blind you truly are on the voting/election system.  Please do not speak about things you know nothing about.  Thanks again.

Edited by OR3GONIZ3D

I honestly don't care what weapons are used in dayz, wouldn't mind seeing some of these east block "beauties"

http://www.guns.com/2013/06/12/homemade-guns-35-photos/

I don't want to generalize or start a country vs. country argument, but...

Does Americans really think they are doing countries a favor by invading, and then ´´rebuilding´´ them? Really? Really?

I'm not sure if it's some kind of sarcasm, but I can't detect it.

Really?

That is so horribly stupid. (sorry but holy crap it is mind-twisting)

Really?

In the case of Germany? Hell yes. This is the one we are discussing here, but I will humor you and continue.

Korea? Hell yes.

Vietnam? Well we and our allies forestalled a genocide that killed millions. There was mass murder in Vietnam as predicted, par for the course in a Communist take over. Communism, totalitarianism and despotism spread in the region, the dominoes fell as predicted resulting in even more death. But hey you Europeans didn't know that would happen after you brokered "peace", its not like we TOLD YOU. Not a win, a case of buying a few more years of life for millions with the only currency that really counts, blood.

Gulf war? Yes, we were invited, we did what we said we would, and didn't take a step beyond what the host nations wanted.

Somalia? Hell yes.

Our more recent conflicts have other goals, the doctrine is about fighting them there rather than here. I disagree with the methods, but not the objective.

As to the assorted manipulation of foreign powers, south America, Africa, Iran/Iraq war. I don't have an opinion on that. I don't know enough about what the people who made those decisions knew to second guess them.

Two party system, we can choose between two "fucktards", its not really a choice.

Edited by Franchi

The US electoral system is  FAR, FAR more complicated that you think it is. You actually think that we vote in our leaders because we agree with their policies? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA..... (continues for 5 or so minutes).....

HAHAHA...That is cute, really (wipes tears away from eyes). No, the great majority of Americans vote in our national (who are different from State - level leaders) leaders due to them being what we view as the "least damaging choice". There is a saying in the US: "What is the opposite of Progress? Congress!"

But seriously, the discussion of US national politics and foreign policy belongs on a different thread. All I am saying is, do not blame the "Americans" for the faults of "America". Chances are, we had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Thank you for showing how blind you truly are on the voting/election system.  Please do not speak about things you know nothing about.  Thanks again.

Oh, dear. Clearly you are not a happy bunny. :(

Our more recent conflicts have other goals, the doctrine is about fighting them there rather than here. I disagree with the methods, but not the objective.

Two party system, we can choose between two "fucktards", its not really a choice.

I'm certainly not denying that you have a problem in terms of two polarising opposites, but it is a choice of the people, that's the point of democracy. I am surprised that with all the bailouts and political scandals that more independents haven't made an impact. Other countries with very similar systems have done so and most European countries have at least 3 parties that represent the people.

But seriously, the discussion of US national politics and foreign policy belongs on a different thread. All I am saying is, do not blame the "Americans" for the faults of "America". Chances are, we had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Two points; One: I agree this isn't a place for discussing the American political system, I was merely commenting that the system has resulted in the situation you find yourselves in, Two: I don't "blame" individual Americans, for the faults of America, but in a democracy you can't be held blameless for the acts of the people you have elected to represent you. Suggesting otherwise is a bit like burning down a house then blaming the match company for making matches.

Edited by ricp

Oh, dear. Clearly you are not a happy bunny. :(

Says one of the many anti-american hatemongers on these forums.

No, but we are doing them a favor by coming to their aid when they cry for our help.  Our country helps the people of other countries more than our own people.  You may see us as sticking our nose into everyone else's business but those other countries are asking us to be there.  We actually have the most diverse population of people out of all countries in the world as well.  People outside of America should really do some research instead of blindly believing everything their local news outlets have to say.  

I don't feel like I should continue this discussion... but what do you mean about countries ´´asking´´ you to be there, really?

Are you sure not you are blindly believeing what you hear form your news outlets?

Of course, I was only replying to your statement that other countries should be thankful that you came and ´´rebuilt´´ them.

Do you mean what you are saying? Just read what you say... I'm not believing my news outlets, I am believing you.

Do you really mean what you are saying? Really?

I really think we should stop this discussion. I think it's for another day. This discussion is not one we should have here, not on this thread. But woah

It baffles me. You are not evil. You are not stupid, or even wrong. I don't blame you for anything. But it still baffles me. How can a person think like you?

I don't feel like I should continue this discussion... but what do you mean about countries ´´asking´´ you to be there, really?

Are you sure not you are blindly believeing what you hear form your news outlets?

Of course, I was only replying to your statement that other countries should be thankful that you came and ´´rebuilt´´ them.

Do you mean what you are saying? Just read what you say... I'm not believing my news outlets, I am believing you.

I really think we should stop this discussion. I think it's for another day. This discussion is not one we should have here, not on this thread. But woah

It baffles me. You are not evil. You are not stupid, or even wrong. I don't blame you for anything. But it still baffles me. How can a person think like you?

What country does every other country in the world run to when they need aid?  America.

If you do not believe this, then you must be either blind, a hater, or both.

Says one of the many anti-american hatemongers on these forums.

To be fair you are the one who has labelled me ignorant and an "anti-american hatemonger", I've made absolutely no personal inference on your character at all.

Honestly this does belong here, it leads to the point that M4's and American military gear should be EVERYWHERE.

I sent you a Pm about the rest, the rebuilding comment is mine it is about Germany and Japan WW2, the original point raised.

The rest is about situations like Korea and Gulf War 1 ETC, its from someone else.

Edited by Franchi

To be fair you are the one who has labelled me ignorant and an "anti-american hatemonger", I've made absolutely no personal inference on your character at all.

When you make comments that reflect an entire nation in a negative light, especially when you have no personal knowledge on the subjects you speak about, what do you expect?

...especially when you have no personal knowledge on the subjects you speak about, what do you expect?

You know absolutely nothing about my personal knowledge, and your loose assumptions don't stand you in a good light as I feel insulting someone doesn't progress things forward at all. Still, I have taken no personal insult from your comments. It's only the Internet after all.. ;)

Anyway, to defuse the situation, and hopefully getting it back on topic. Americana, whether people like it or not, is part of the now modern globalised culture. This could be said for many other cultures which go to make up our "big family". I don't see an issue, per se, of American based goods and clothing being in the game, and in fact without them it wouldn't seem realistic. It's the dichotomous nature of something foreign (ie: an American cola) in a foreign land (Chernarus) that makes it seem all the more real.

Edited by ricp

The Czechs speak Russian? Well, you learn something new everyday. Thank you American children.

I was under the impression that the signs were in Russian to disorientate players, making it harder to navigate and making it more imursive. All of the books are in English or German or French.

Edited by Franchi

I was under the impression that the signs were in Russian to disorientate players, making it harder to navigate and making it more imursive. All of the books are in English or German or French.

The map already existed for Arma and was in Russian as a way of realism. The books were added for DayZ and are famous titles that are now in the public domain.

What country does every other country in the world run to when they need aid?  America.

If you do not believe this, then you must be either blind, a hater, or both.

I am a hater now?

Can you give examples of every country in the world running off to get aid from America?

You helped the allies a lot in the second world war and you are an important trading nation, I give you that...

I am a hater now?

Can you give examples of every country in the world running off to get aid from America?

You helped the allies a lot in the second world war and you are an important trading nation, I give you that...

Russia, China, Iran and Iraq have all asked for and received American military aid in the past.

If those 4 turned to the  US in their hour of need WHO WOULDN'T? Are you really going to make me list every country that has asked for or received military aid from the US? It is a VERRY long list, it would honestly be easier to list the countries that we haven't provided such aid or assistance to. If we include humanitarian aid I don't think we will find more than a handful that haven't asked for or received it.

The map already existed for Arma and was in Russian as a way of realism. The books were added for DayZ and are famous titles that are now in the public domain.

I know about the books, believe me.

Untitled_zpsbd91ca4e.png

On the subject of the map, if the books are in English and German and french this should offend everyone who is arguing agasint Americanization of the game just as much as the M4 colt python and FNX. I maintain the language is in do to laziness and the imersive  disorientating affect it has on players.

Edited by Franchi