Lordocalot

This is why we should use ArmA III's Engine.

So what your saying is DayZ should be on the Arma III engine because of the Graphics?

Utterly Ridiculous 

Graphics aren't everything

• Like 4

But if the gameplay is shit because its Alpha, then we should get at least good graphics which compensate it.

But if the gameplay is shit because its Alpha, then we should get at least good graphics which compensate it.

Meh, you can troll better than that. Not even a freshspawn in the forum will fall for that and start a flamewar with you.

Edit: I feel the need to be helpful today, so...next time try something this:

"They should have waited for the ArmA 3 engine! Imagine what this would look like! And since they weren't really doing anything for the past year or  so and started development, like, in january, they could have used this engine as well! And Breaking Point already has Zombies! And vehicles! And better weapons! And they don't have the millions that Dean had before he stole and ran away with them!"

....see? That would have been a better start. You did...well..I'd say mediocre but that would annoy Johnny, and when he sees that I called that troll attempt "mediocre", he will be mad and start trolling my threads, and I don't need that to happen. So I have to say, it was just a bad attempt. Next time, choose your words...well...just a little more eloquent with little hints that you know something (even if it shines through that you know nothing). That works most of the time.

Edited by LaughingJack

How does the arma 3 engine run in comparison?  I've yet to mess around with the game, but I've heard from some people (not credible sources) that arma III runs better than dayz, while also looking better.

Even though it is me porting shit here and there, DayZ is already good with the engine it has, Arma 3 has this lightning that would never fit in a dark russian zombie apocalypse. Besides, the DayZ engine is already being worked on to have physics and ragdolls.

• Like 3

You do know that the development of Arma 3 and DayZ were running parallel right? Also, have you tried switching a game's engine to another? Do you know how much time that takes?

no. the game is in alpha so the gameplay and graphics will be underpar. what makes you think this game should magically be different from any other game in history that was in the alpha stage of development. hell the gameplay in dayz sa is better in the alpha stage than arma3 was at launch.

• Like 1

Well, to each his own. But I like the more photorealistic feel of the DayZ SA engine over the radiant/vibrant feel of the ArmA 3 engine. I like both, but they feel very different for me.

• Like 1

no. the game is in alpha so the gameplay and graphics will be underpar. what makes you think this game should magically be different from any other game in history that was in the alpha stage of development. hell the gameplay in dayz sa is better in the alpha stage than arma3 was at launch.

Oh CMON. I told him not even a forumnoob will fall for his trolling and you answer him honestly. You destroy my statement, dammit.

Edited by LaughingJack

I prefer DayZ's graphics over Arma 3. I personally think DayZ looks way better

I agree, looks not that wishywashyblurryoverlightening like the most new games do

How does the arma 3 engine run in comparison?  I've yet to mess around with the game, but I've heard from some people (not credible sources) that arma III runs better than dayz, while also looking better.

you sir, are a retard.

Arma 3 is the worst performing game of the last 10 years in the gaming industry.

I run dayZ with 60 fps and I get a MAXIMUM of 16 fps on altis life mod Arma 3

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

you sir, are a retard.

You "sir", are very close to a warning point. Do not insult other members. Especially with the R word. Its offensive to us.

Dont do it again.

L

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

Arma 3 is the worst performing game of the last 10 years in the gaming industry

Somehow I have the feeling you have no idea what you're talking about...not.a.single.clue.

Were you even born 10 years ago ?

(if yes but you were still wearing diapers it counts as a "no")

ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 had much worst performances at their release.

Edited by Sooke
  • Like 5

you sir, are a retard.

Arma 3 is the worst performing game of the last 10 years in the gaming industry.

I run dayZ with 60 fps and I get a MAXIMUM of 16 fps on altis life mod Arma 3

I very obviously said that I have not played it, and that my post was based on obviously not credible sources (just some banter on TS) saying that it runs better...  Yet some how you managed to miss all of that and flame away anyway...

All that was needed was a simple "naaa, they are wrong, it runs much worse" but nooooooooo.....

Edited by taco86

You do know that the development of Arma 3 and DayZ were running parallel right? Also, have you tried switching a game's engine to another? Do you know how much time that takes?

Yes I do. The Dead Linger devs did it in a couple of months.

• Like 1

Yes I do. The Dead Linger devs did it in a couple of months.

The dead linger is made on that shitty unity engine. Arma is different 

• Like 1

Dead Linger...ie?

Srsly^^

They changed from a selfmade engine (had the same plans as DayZ - homemade engine so that it supports all things that are planned for the future and is built extra for this game and its needs) to the ready-to-use Unity engine, because they couldn't do it with the own engine (and it looked...well..crappy. and I play dwarf fortress. I normally don't fear bad graphics)

So a switch to a "ready to use" engine is quite a difference, because a switch for DayZ from the "totally rebuilt DayZ engine, which is an advancement of the arma 2.5 heli engine especially made for DayZ" to the "ArmA3-DayZ-engine-that-would-also-have-been-built-up-from-scratch-again-to-be-used-for-DayZ" (witch would mean we could play DayZ SA maybe in January 2016. Maybe.) would NOT be that easy.

Edited by LaughingJack

The dead linger is made on that shitty unity engine. Arma is different

Tha fact remains the same. They did it in a couple of months.

If it were the mod, I think you'd be right, but they are making some significant fundamental changes to the engine and how it works. Personally, god rays and post processing don't float my boat. In fact, I hate them with a passion, so I don't much care which engine they use.

Please read my post (right above yours) and stop comparing building an engine from the base to porting everything you already have to an existing one.

ArmA 3 engine for DayZ would have meant (again) building it like it was done for the 2.5 arrowhead heli engine...

Edited by LaughingJack