Sign in to follow this  
darksteeljorge

Lee Enfiield

yes. One day he shall make a daring return then i shall killl de bambis in one shot. MAUAHHAHAHAHA

• Like 1

The Mosin fits the Quota for "Old military bolt action that doubles as a low level sniper" That and the Lee Enfield was a British(commonwealth) weapon, not a Soviet weapon. Therefore, not likely at all. Maybe an Easter egg could be added somewhere about the Enfield and it's "Dinner Bell" designation but as for the actual rifle being implemented, I say no.

• Like 3

99,9999 % sure it will come in at some point.

You should really be posting here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-the-communitys-list-of-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-version-110/ I'm only linking you this topic,because the guy litterally has tons of suggested weapons,keeps everything organized

and saves up forum space.My opinion thought is that it's a very good weapon to have ingame.

The Mosin fits the Quota for "Old military bolt action that doubles as a low level sniper" That and the Lee Enfield was a British(commonwealth) weapon, not a Soviet weapon. Therefore, not likely at all. Maybe an Easter egg could be added somewhere about the Enfield and it's "Dinner Bell" designation but as for the actual rifle being implemented, I say no.

Weapon collectors exist everywhere though, it's not a completely unrealistic idea to have the Lee Enfield spawn uncommonly. Seeing as the setting of the standalone is slightly more modern [with the yellow plastic containers, battery torches, motorbike helmets, GPSes etc] it's not entirely unlikely that a couple enthusiasts with Internet access could have made an order via eBay. Maybe a gun shop owner in Chernarus had a crate of them in stock? Seeing as there are no munitions factories, a lot of weapons would have a decent chance of being imported.

• Like 1

I would say no because its British. But if they add it to the game... for the sake of the mod I wouldnt mind and still be happy with the new gun.

Enfield has ended up all over, pretty much all these countries in red were invaded by the british empire

BRITAIN_2388153b.jpg

• Like 1

Enfield has ended up all over, pretty much all these countries in red were invaded by the british empire

BRITAIN_2388153b.jpg

Yes but that map could span from early 1700's to 2000's. Yea there were over 17 million Lee Enfields made but the possibilities of one ending up in chenarus? slim at the least.

@OP: Wrong model.

Mod is No.4 Mk. 1.

Your photo is Mk. IIII

To be picky, it's an SMLE No.1 Mk.III*, which would be more fitting as it was more widely used across the globe.

BRITAIN_2388153b.jpg

Whilst as Durrhunter says this map covers around 400 years of history I disagree that the chances of several Lee-Enfield's turning up in Chernarus would be slim - weapons move great distances across the globe depending on where they're being purchased from, transported to and who they're sold on to - guns don't just 'disappear' when wars end or they're replaced by newer guns, they're often sold on because if someone is willing to buy them, why destroy them? The Lee-Enfield is also still actively in use in some parts of the world - the Indian Police still use them, having just relegated them to training purposes in the last couple of years.

• Like 1

Well it was also the SMLE No.1 MK3 that was in the Mod, not the SMLE No.4

Admittedly it'd be extremely difficult to find ammo for this in eastern europe though unless it's the Ishapor Enfield SMLE No.1 - that version still in use by the army and police in India was re-bored to the Nato.308 (7.62x51). These are still fairly common to find as well but the british.303 versions are far more common.

Hello there

We had a large thread on this some months ago, and although I am a fan of all enfields and the fact that they are quite common in all sorts of places, that other than a nice nod to the mod it just doesnt fit IMHO in the DAYZ universe and has been "superseded" so to speak by the Mosin.

Id love a ww2 Commonwealth mod for Arma3, but no Enfields in DAYZ, Im afraid.

Rgds

LoK

To be picky, it's an SMLE No.1 Mk.III*, which would be more fitting as it was more widely used across the globe.

To be super pedantic, the British Army simply changed the designation in 1926. Same rifle, different nomenclature.

That's true, the SMLE bit was dropped in favour of it simply being 'Rifle No.1 Mk.III*'* - apologies for mixing the two up.

*Or whichever marque you wish to refer to.

SMLE MK3 is such an ugly rifle.

No4 MK1 please.

I prefer the abrupt appearance the muzzle cap gives. It's a 'beautifugly' weapon and I like it more than the other rifles of it's time. Whilst I like the No.4 Mk.I as well, the No.1 Mk.III just does it for me. Also sword bayonets.

1317839671.jpg

Edited by rapier17

Well man first of all thanks for your opinion.

But we haver an M4, it is american, as well as the ruger 10/22, the upcoming 1911 too. soy why not a British weapon ?

Wasn't the Lee Enfield replaced purposely by the Mosin? It makes more sense since the Mosin is a Russian-made weapon and also works as the "Dinner bell".

I was just about to recommend this rifle, but alas! - the search button worked!

I would love to see this rifle in the game.  The newer version (2A1) uses a 7.62x51 round, so you wouldn't have to implement another type of ammo for the rifle.

P.S. - For those saying that it's unlikely that the rifle ended up in Russian territory... seriously?  Refer to this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee-Enfield

As others have posted already, rifles travel across the globe at a rapid rate.  These things were made my the British and in India.  17+ million rifles... they're in Russia too, guys.

Edited by KT_Cobra

To say the Enfield is "out of place" at this point in time would be a moot point (considering we've got 1911's, M4's, FNX-45's and Colt Pythons in a russian/czech environment)

While I'll admit I'd like to see the SMLE No.4 Mk.I return at a later date, I think right now the Mosin has it pretty much covered. Don't get me wrong I do think it deserves a spot, much like how the Dev's plan to add the Kar98K in at some point in the future. More over I think that they should try adding in something that was "made" from a Lee Enfield.

My vote goes towards this gun, the L42A1 or Enfield Enforcer:

500px-Enfield_Enforcer.jpg

Chambered in 7,62x51mm NATO with a fixed 10 round magazine, in the 70's it was a popular police rifle but has now been made obsolete but is still a great hunting rifle. In addition to this, there could also be "sporterised" variants of existing Military bolt action rifles that have been tailored towards hunting so there could exist hope for the Lee Enfield in some regard.

Edited by Draco122

To say the Enfield is "out of place" at this point in time would be a moot point (considering we've got 1911's, M4's, FNX-45's and Colt Pythons in a russian/czech environment)

While I'll admit I'd like to see the SMLE No.4 Mk.I return at a later date, I think right now the Mosin has it pretty much covered. Don't get me wrong I do think it deserves a spot, much like how the Dev's plan to add the Kar98K in at some point in the future. More over I think that they should try adding in something that was "made" from a Lee Enfield.

My vote goes towards this gun, the L42A1 or Enfield Enforcer:

Chambered in 7,62x51mm NATO with a fixed 10 round magazine, in the 70's it was a popular police rifle but has now been made obsolete but is still a great hunting rifle. In addition to this, there could also be "sporterised" variants of existing Military bolt action rifles that have been tailored towards hunting so there could exist hope for the Lee Enfield in some regard.

I agree with what you're saying - Maybe not now, but in the future - that would be fine by me.  The plus side to this gun over the Mosin would be its rate of fire.  There are stories that a squad of guys carrying these guns would fire them at such a fast rate, they would actually drive the Germans back making them report that the enemy had MG's with them.

The Mosin should, however, maintain the best accuracy in the game.