Улыбка=)

Oculus Rift and DayZ

hmmm i think its hard to aim a gun with the "head", is the mouse still in use if u aim with a weapon?

the logic say that you just move your virtuall head with the oculus not the arms or the complete avatar... im very confused...

someone has experiences with the oculus?

excellent,I do not have to watch the theme does not get in a trouble

Edited by Filler

hmmm i think its hard to aim a gun with the "head", is the mouse still in use if u aim with a weapon?

the logic say that you just move your virtuall head with the oculus not the arms or the complete avatar... im very confused...

Head movement = Free-look (pressing "alt")...so like the head movement ingame^^

Aiming, body-moving, shooting: as usual: Mouse+keyboard. (if you don't use some fancy device like a omni treadmill for movement and a laserpointergun to shoot ;)

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

Head movement = Free-look (pressing "alt")...so like the head movement ingame^^

Aiming, body-moving, shooting: as usual: Mouse+keyboard. (if you don't use some fancy device like a omni treadmill for movement and a laserpointergun to shoot ;)

great information thank you sir :thumbsup: :beans:

Edit: hmm damnit u are right i need one of these lightgun suits  <_< :D

Edited by quantum2k6

I have seen the oculus in action often.I think it will be like this:

You move the view with your head and the crosshair (aim the weapon) with your mouse.For example you will be able to shoot while looking on your side, like you are holding the freelook button (alt)

It works kind of similarly to TrackIR. I think in DayZ you would control your head with your head (as if you were holding Alt), while you use your mouse and keyboard for everything else.

I think things like Omni take VR a bit too far, but the Rift in DayZ would be immense!

• Like 1

Yeah it will work like TrackIR. I just bought myself one of this gorgeous little thingys and I have to say they're totally worth it. Actually I bought them for Flightsims, but having tried them in DayZ and ArmA 3, I never want to go without them anymore. 

Playing other games on the other hand will give you a good laugh as you will see yourself turning your head with no effect. :D

I will definetively buy one of those if they keep the promised price. I'm using TrackIR for a felt decade now and i bought it for ArmA 1+ because i was the clan pilot so this way i had my hands free and could fly the aircraft like you would do IRL ( in this case i used to fly like i rode my bike, always looking where you want to be ) and when i was on the ground rotating my head 720° as a spotter in clan wars.

Yeah Dayz with oculus will be awesome.

I'm just worried about pixels, I mean how well will you be able to identify players from far away with it.

Tested devkit oculus (the old one) and was shocked how well you could identify pixels. 3D was awesome though.

It is already supported.

As Arma lets you look around with head turning the Rift will just take over the track IR functions.

I will be getting a pair and testing further however Get an Omni also http://www.virtuix.com/ and the Razor Hydra and you have an entire VR suite.

Enjoy

So this IS supported right now?  I'm going to be buying the 1080p version if it ever comes out.  Even though it will probably be a developer kit and I'm not a developer xD

How come people don't talk about this game when it comes to Oculus Rift?  All of the current demos and games currently suck, I feel like people would be shouting about DayZ being even better because it supports Oculus Rift.  The silence about it is weird O-o

Edited by Shadowless

The mouse acceleration would give you such motion sickness you would vomit on your high prices Virtual Boy.

The mouse acceleration would give you such motion sickness you would vomit on your high prices Virtual Boy.

I believe OC pre-orders also get a free complimentary specially designed bucket for motion sickness.

Being old enough to have been through two-three 3D movie crazes and being totally psyched about virtual reality after watching The Lawnmower man, I'm a little jaded, when it comes to 3D devises you have to wear on your face. Sure I want OC to take it to the next level, but I was a bit worried about, how one-sided it's reception was. 

Reviewers getting access to the latest and greatest sometimes seem very easily impressed and alarmingly enthusiastic, I loved that Dslysexi had the nuts to point out the few weak aspects of the design and the lacking quality of the early reviewing build.

• Like 2

The Rift is a great technology demonstrator and I'm sure they'll figure how to get the kinks out of it.

Getting it to an immersive resolution which doesn't make you chunder for under $500 is going to be some challenge.

I dont want VR at all. I guess Im old or what ever but VR just makes me want to run away.. I want to PLAY not live a game. I have the outside of my home if I want things to feel real. I dont know.. I mean its awesome, dont get me wrong. But even the Wii pisses me off. I dont want to be all tired from playing video game golf. The point is its a game, not real. I want to relax, not get all tired and worn out. If I want that I will go to the actual golf course. 

Again, I dunno.. I guess my age is showing or something. I prefer a KBM and a monitor. Thats it. 

• Like 3

I dont want VR at all. I guess Im old or what ever but VR just makes me want to run away.. I want to PLAY not live a game. I have the outside of my home if I want things to feel real. I dont know.. I mean its awesome, dont get me wrong. But even the Wii pisses me off. I dont want to be all tired from playing video game golf. The point is its a game, not real. I want to relax, not get all tired and worn out. If I want that I will go to the actual golf course. 

Again, I dunno.. I guess my age is showing or something. I prefer a KBM and a monitor. Thats it. 

I kind of agree, but not the extent you do.  I will be buying an Oculus Rift and it will most likely replace my monitor for games that support it.  However, the gadgets that allow you to throw around a foam sword and walk in place.... errr no thanks.

• Like 2

wearing occulus would make me barf so hard from disorientation

• Like 1

Counting down the days till they release the consumer version  :D My free track I made works good but this...Just the thoughts makes my insides go all funny! It is going to be a hell of a lot easier to judge distance etc as "you are there in the game"

Not sure when that is, if it is Q4 this year...? I don't care I can wait.

I'm with ya, man. I'm 44 and I get sick on a freakin' Ferris wheel. I don't think I could hang with those goggles on my noggin' for very long. As for the "running in place" thing, it'd end up gathering dust next to my treadmill/clothes rack in my office after a couple of uses. lol. 

• Like 1