GriefSlicer (DayZ)

Do you believe people who shoot on sight are terrible at DayZ?

I don't think they are terrible.  I just think that they don't understand the concept of DayZ but they will learn the hard way once survival elements actually get implemented.  Then at the point I will fill my canteens up with their tears

many tears flow from eyes of players WHO FAIL to keep character alive and try to blame guy who pulling trigger :D

Best fun I having is with OTHER KoS guys :thumbsup:  ;)

we have confidence in ability and knowledge of game

we act without think never hesitate and after win we EVERY TIME laughing :lol:

is fun

you having fun when you looking you are dead screen??? :(

because same time you QQ and decide guy who doing is not fun guy he is smile and laugh inside and HAVING TOO MUCH FUN :lol:

You kinda miss his point which is :

just think it's no fun for the other party. There is no viscera to the experience.

You consider your enjoyment primes over other people enjoyment and I think in the end that's what defines KoSer.

They just think about themselves, about the enjoyment they can have, even if it's on other people misery.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame KoSer for KoSing. You guys make my experience thrilling even on a low population server.

But I'm tired of all the bullshit and all the twisted justifications people come up with.

Just admit you don't give a fuck about other players.

You KoS because one player down means one less threat ?

That's bullshit, as long as people can respawn the threat level remains the same.

You KoS because it means more loot for you ?

Again, bullshit, with the number of slots available on servers right now there's largely enough guns, food, clothes and ammo for everyone.

and it goes on and on.

Before you answer with "lololol another shitty player you got KoS'ed" read again the italic part of my post.

No problem with the fact you KoS, big issue with the fact you can't cope you're doing this out of pure selffishness.

• Like 1

Not going to read the whole thread, but I will give the OP an answer. 

No.

However if you were to ask me, "do you think that people who KoS are missing out on some fun experiences", then the answer would be "yes".

• Like 1

They need to get 2 bugs fixed....zombies being able to walk up stairs and adding about 10,000 zombies in the big major cities and airfields.  Also a great update would be when a player is killed the corpse turns to a zombie also.  And to make it that if a shot is fired the zombies within a 1/4 mile home in on where the shot came from.  This could really keep bandits and KOS in check.  Imagine the hospital or fire station filled with 1000 zombies or little sniper hill having a 1000 zombies roaming up the hill side. 

what I think I am witnessing is different factions of the user community defining what is and what is not the correct way to play dayz based on their own opinions.

it's a whole lot of reading so I didn't read every single post here. some of you make some very good arguments others don't seem to make much sense. my question is this. what is the correct way to play dayz ?

I've never seen anything posted by the development team or Bohemia Interactive defining the correct way to play dayz. my best guess is to play it anyway you want as long as you are not exploiting the game with third-party cheats or taking advantage of current bugs in a dirty way to give yourself an unfair advantage. in other words if you are not putting yourself at risk for banishment then you are playing it correctly..

I've caught shut from people when I post about my adventures playing as friendly and I catch sir from people when I make a post about joining non kos servers to kos. Everything from being pscyo-analyzed to being called some serious derogatory names. Everyone expects people to play the way they want them to play and there seems to be very little respect towards other peoples playing styles.

I have played many different ways and I'm always looking for new ways to play. Sometimes I just feel like kos'ing, someone not. Sometimes I seek out interactions and sometimes I avoid everyone. Someone's I pay full servers, sometimes I play empty ones. I have yet to experience the right way or the wrong way to play. The only wrong way I see is taking advantage of hacks or bad glitches like wall glitches to kill players who can't kill you due to the glitch. I don't understand the mind set that dictates one play style is better than another or madness someone better at the game than someone else. I personally never used hand cuffs, yet they are in the game for a reason. Is it wrong to hand cuff a person's avatar and force feed then poison? Then why can I do it in the game if I do choose? Why is kos so bad and frowned upon? In the end, I think it's the person who does not explore every aspect of the game that us losing out in every experience possible.

But that doesn't make it right or wrong. It's a fictional simulation on a fictional event. 

Ps- hate posting from cell phone. I'll try to correct stupid typos when at pc.

They need to get 2 bugs fixed....zombies being able to walk up stairs and adding about 10,000 zombies in the big major cities and airfields.  Also a great update would be when a player is killed the corpse turns to a zombie also.  And to make it that if a shot is fired the zombies within a 1/4 mile home in on where the shot came from.  This could really keep bandits and KOS in check.  Imagine the hospital or fire station filled with 1000 zombies or little sniper hill having a 1000 zombies roaming up the hill side. 

I've mentioned about players being turned into infected before before but only if they are killed by an infected or have been at least infected by one

Just a few questions

If you shoot on sight why do you do it?

can you explain to me why you are not bad at the game if you shoot on sight?

What is your opinion on people who shoot on sight?

Do you think they are just pure douche bags that ruin your DayZ experience?

Should they be ashamed of themselves?

1. I shoot on sight anyone who shoots at me, shoots at others on sight, or attacks newspawns that are not attacking them

2. 3. Many KoS players are not great gunfighters in my experience. I think many of them know this and try to compensate by using massive magazine capacity M4s and setting up basic ambushes. Their inadequacies stoke their fears, causing them to KoS even more. I'm sure there are KoS players out there who play well, I just haven't seen any yet. On the flip side I have seen many mediocre KoS bandits through my gunsights, turned to hamburger before my very eyes.

4. I think they are pure douchebags who make DayZ worth playing! I would have nothing to do in the current build if I couldn't hunt the glorious vermin, the east coast server KoS bandit.

5. Yes they should be ashamed of themselves right up to the point of death, where they should become grateful to be put down by a foe superior in every way, as are me and my crew.

Edited by Old_Crow_Whiskey
  • Like 1

The only time I shoot on sight is when they have their gun out. Otherwise I tell them to run in a different direction as I watch them. I take no chances.

Paranoid. A game like this I tend to take no chances. It's either you or him/her

I think it's a correct response in an apocolypse type game. You're looking out for yourself. If you ask them to leave but player keeps coming towards you or asking for something simply gun them down. Its obivous you don't want them to be near you.

If they're shooting at fresh spawns just because, yes. If the fresh spawn is running towards you, or behind you no. I've been knocked out from fresh spawn when I was trying to help them, or when I was scouting out an area and they came up behind me. If the fresh spawn doesn't see me or does see me and keeps their distance. I don't shoot.

When a player is geared and has a weapon its a whole other story. I immediately become cautious. If they start running towards me or look at me with their gun out. I will shoot them down.

Depends on the situation.

Just a few questions

1.) From our videos we try to have some fun and not kill people on sight. Do we troll, torture and try to have some fun yes. Where we will KOS is at ANY military base or Airfield.  We've learned far too often there really isn't anyone showing up there to be peaceful.  We don't camp those areas in hope to snipe poor suckers looking for loot. We're looting, we get what we can and move out to the surrounding cities and areas. Anyone that crosses our path that we get the jump on we will kill  and hope that nobody gets the jump on us.

2.)Survival of the fittest in Military zones. Simple as that.  If you get the jump on us first then we didn't follow the cardinal rule "To be killed on sight you need to be in sight" good on you and we will adjust our play style to make up for our mistake.  If we got the jump on you that means we're working together and have our eyes out in the right places to get the jump on you and you should review the cardinal rule yourself.  What makes us good players is we don't bitch when we die. It's just loot and every death is a learning opportunity. We're also good because we aren't camping bitches hoping to just get the jump on poor suckers.

3.) My opinion? None if that's how they want to enjoy their $30 purchase so be it.  It will always be an unfortunate reality of the game and human nature in general. Dicks are out there because some people just want to see the world burn. I know How I am enjoying the game with my partner in crime Danger Ranger and we luvs the game.

4.) See number 3.

5.) Nope.

Edited by DoctorWhy

Shooting on sight is massive topic in DayZ and it is something that rocket has successfully slightly reduced the people that actually shoot on sight which is great, but there are still many people who shoot anyone sight no matter what. The thing I cannot really grasp around is that when you approach a person who shoots on sight and you say "can you please explain to me why you are shooting on sight?" they are stuck for words and I believe deep down inside the cogs of their brain they are thinking "He has got a point".

Yeah I'm sure a Bandit really gave you the chance to ask him that stupid question before he ended your play session...

I love how in your fantasy all these bandits start realizing that there playstyles is pointless just because you asked them a question.

which really left me to the conclusion people who shoot on sight do not know what they are doing and they don't really have a counter argument to "You are bad at DayZ, because you shoot on sight". Later on I kindly left saying "Well A girl like you must be bloody fat" and she replies in a muffled voice "yeahsdfhdfdfdfdfseuif". I have approached dozens of people who shoot on sight in DayZ to have a chat and they either do not talk altogether or they reply in smart ass comments attempting to change the subject at points.

Why would someone need to make an argument for a playstyle they use? Are you saying that bandits need to justify themselves to you before they kill you?

How exactly does shooting on sight make you "bad" at the game?

Just a few questions

1. Its a playstyle that I enjoy and is very entertaining and immersive to me.

2. Can you explain to me why someone would be "bad" at the game becuase they KOS? Also what constitutes being "bad"?

3. The same as my opinion of people who dont. They are choosing there own playstyles...

4. no

5. Seriously?

No, players who KoS aren't terrible at the game. It's an utterly ridiculous notion to even suggest so.

However, players who camp for freshies at Elektro/Kamy are terrible, no doubt.

Only crybaby hippie scum complains about how someone else plays the game. (Unless they're exploiting/hacking, that's fair game IMO)

Geared players are fair game. I don't kill freshies unless they try to punch me or threaten me.

Just because you get shot on sight it means the other didn't have any interest in you and made sure you have no chance at back stabbing him. Nothing about being bad at the game. Being good at this game means staying alive, by any means. Funny how I condemned KoS at the start, but now, after playing the game for a while this changed.

I was actually KOS'd this morning by a wall that failed to impede me from falling off the 2nd floor because a zombie was pushing me, which I could not see.  It's a game, end of debate. 

Don't assume everyone has the same perception as you and you will live much longer in game.

Edited by GDRocKStaR

Sometimes you have to shoot people to teach them a lesson. One does not simply stroll casually into elektro.  By killing them now you are saving them time. 

I got ambushed at Elektro docks last night. 4 guys had set up a perfect ambush and they took us all out. I thought that no one in their right mind would fire at 8 people... I was wrong... Now I will never make that mistake again and will probably become a better dayz player because of it.

regulators, mount up!

nothing better than teaching the clanners that saftey in numbers in flawed!

peace and love peace and love

solo player who only kills when needed

don't let me catch you slippin!

On the whole, no,  I don't think ppl who KoS are bad players. It's just how they play, this has been said a million times in this thread before. Personal playstyle preference. If it makes them a douche, so be it. 

We were in Berezino today, saw a couple of geared beret wearing dudes approaching us and we called out 'friendly' - no reply, except their answer from an M4. They got one of us and broke the legs of another, but we managed to finish them off and loot their gear. Now that was a nice encounter, full of adrenaline and pretty exciting. HOWEVER,  I daresay if I'd have met someone suddenly round a corner I'd probably open fire first rather than take the chance they would actually 'be' friendly. 

Its a game. You get all types of players. I suppose you have to live with it. Or play something else. 

Take it easy and just let random things happen. Dont accuse anyone of anything just because you get killed once in a while. It is beta, baby and many people just want to shoot, to test their borders, or even to train their skill for the release. Whatever, i am for more and richer Dialogs between players during firefights. Its funny, trust me

Whatever, i am for more and richer Dialogs between players during firefights. Its funny, trust me.

kos is 4 da lolz

Not to be rude, but don't you think shooting an innocent on sight is considered griefing as much as calling out slurs when you kill someone?

People that ruin the DayZ experience are people that grief other players than just killing them.

You must have missed this ^. KoSing is griefing but the real griefing is when you verbally assault someone too. It's just bad sportsmanship.

This is such a pointless and repetitive thread. Why do we continue to make threads like this? No, people that KOS ARE good at the game. Listen, whether you'd like to admit it or not EVERYONE that's purchased this game has KOS before. The only people that hop into the forums and write yet another thread about it are the ones that have spent hours server hopping and looting for both pristine gear and weapon attachments. You got shot. You lost it all. Deal with it. Don't make up excuses for being bested in a tough situation. After putting in 100+ hours in DayZ Standalone, the only thing left to do is KOS. I find pleasure in being both a KOSer and a medic. They're both equally satisfying. Now ask me how many people I've helped in DayZ only to turn my back and be shot in the head by them. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. It's the way the game is played. Why do you think they've added guns to it? Certainly not to shoot the extremely advanced zombies in the game that's for sure.

There will always be the people who gain satisfaction by griefing others and ruining their in-game experience.

There will always be those who get bored and decide to mess with people for a different experience and fun.

Does it make them bad players?  No, they are just playing in a way they enjoy and in an environment that encourages that type of gameplay.

I think that once there is a lot more to do in the game, there won't be so much pointless killing and those people will move on to more elaborate things such as robbing you of all your belongings and leaving you barely alive with broken legs, stealing vehicles, raiding bases for supplies, and even having legit clan wars.

No, because one is supported while one is not. You can kick someone from a server for name calling and abusive language, but not for killing.

Everyone keeps bitching and moaning about KOS and it's getting old. Look, feel free to rationalize why people KOS to make yourself feel better; they're bad players, fat nerds, perma-virgins, small penises, whatever.

I tend to rooftop snipe in Cherno because it starts wars. It brings out the heroes and then I test my skills against 5+ people. If I kill them all, I get lots of free gear. If I kill a few and too many show up, I now have to sneak through a city teeming with angry people to escape. If I die, people get my loot and I had an adrenaline rush.

2 things:

1)

The argument a lot of KoS'ing players bring up is: this is a sandbox game, everyone should play the game like he wants to play it. Totally legit opinion and I support that wholeheartedly, but on the other hand, with almost everyone running around KoS'Ing, I for example who actually wants to (at least) interact with people before shooting/ getting shot or doing something else, am more or less forced to play the KoS-game as well or stay away from any other human player atm in order to survive (more often/ better). And to play a gamestyle like that I as well could play CoD or some single player game.

2) If you go for the challenge, looking for the thrill and confront equally armed players I support that too wholeheartedly as it's a totally legit way to play the game as said multiple times already, I'm fairly new to the SA, never played the mod before, and in my like 40 hrs into the game, I got shot dead on sight everytime I met another player and soemtimes even got sniped while I most times didn't even have a weapon of any kind and was running around with civilian clothing and a small backpack looking for food.

So these people don't seem to be willing to face a challenge or realism, neither plan to communicate with players in any way.

I assume this is coming from lack of content and the most fun thing for people might be to get some kills under their belt before they lose their gear to another bug/ glitch again, so I still have my hopes up this kind of behaviour will change once more content is implemented.

Maybe I was just unlucky with the people I've met so far on the servers I've played on but in 40 hours of gaming time I. EVERY. TIME. I met another player got killed right away, without any communication upfront...sometimes just 10-20 minutes into the game with no gear/ weapon whatsoever...and 90% of the times I got killed it was by endgame geared solo players or groups of 3-4 engame geared players who then proceeded with making me unconsious/ handcuffing and mocking me.

In around 40 hrs of playing time I've come - so far - across 2 people who did not shoot me on sight.

One was a fresh spawn and new player who asked for help to stop his bleeding and the other one was well a equipped player yesterday I met in Elektro who gave me a helmet and a pistol (as I was fresh spawn and had like nothing). Thank you kind stranger.

Edited by daisho