msy

Please add a death playback /killcam optional function into the GAME

Hello, you must be new here and WELCOME ABOARD :D.. we cant have dayz end up like alot of other games, giving you poofy clues to what happen if you died. If you died you died cause you made a shit mistake and thats no ones problem but your own so you shouldnt be rewarded with a kill cam

So many peeps want shit ideas in dayz that are from so many average games.. can any ma dayz brothers and sisters gimme a hell no for how bad a kill cam would be for immersion ?!?! FARK THAT ! ^_^

HELL YES YOU CAN HAVE MY HELL NO! Edited by Guppy the DayZ Medic
  • Like 1

Dear OP, having the player still being able to see and perceive their killer after they die will make the game insinuate that there's life after death and this will infuriate the atheist community. We don't want that do we?

Seriously though, it's an immersion killer, as well as ultimately removing the idea of stealthily killing players one by one. It isn't needed. If you know that you died from multiple bullets to the torso, great! If you don't, no loss!

Did tony soprano have a killcam?!?!

A first I thought I could see how it could be helpful... But honestly, I've died every which way since 1.6 on the mod and I always knew HOW I died... Rocks, ladders, fall, lying down and turning... If shot, I just did not know who and where... Which was the entire point.

Sorry to say, but this is a feature for other game types.

Dayz is and should not be a deathmatch.

I'd like to see a combat log personally so that I might be able to find out, technically only, what actually killed me. Did I die to blood loss? Falling damage? Bullet to the head?

No identifiable information, just the log so that I might be able to find out when I have actually died to a bug rather than a feature.

Chuck Norris is the only living thing to have a real-life killcam. It's going to stay that way.

Side note: Rocket's reasoning probably related to the fact that it's hard to properly implement realism without something that actually puts you into the game. Like a virtual reality console/implant, or some such.

I'll stop playing DayZ if they add a killcam. 

Amazing. Optional feature would get you to stop playing this game?

Killcam's only good for ghosting.

Maybe not everyone mine why and how he/she is dead, but for me or others like me, I suggest DAYZ add death playback/ killcam function which can be optional in the server difficulty setting for the reason below:

1. Due to ALPHA stage, both anty-cheater system and program stability are not good, many people are confused to judge what causes his/her death. With the playback you can see the trueth.

2. For someone who insist reality, this function can be disabled in the server setting.

3. It is a game, not a real life. Since someone likes to kill for fun, and someone more likes a cooperation, with the playback, it might give the killer more pressure if he wants to be camper.

4. If there is a 3rd person's view, why not adding a playback? In my opinion, the former is a cheating way at some condition.

-------

What a survival game should like? As human beings, we should remake a human society as the basic goal then the stable society, finally the revival from apocalypse. Without society human being are one kind of animals. For now in the game you are an animal to seek and eat, to hide and die.

If the game has no ability to reduce killing each-other, why not adding a killcam to help killing each-other?

This isn't CoD, go somewhere else.

We should get some 'nemesis' notification if a player kills us more than 3 times, also could we get a 'kill streak' bonus implemented.  I want double points when I spray and pray that squad of guys running past!

There should be no death cam for third person servers , and in my opinion MY death cam idea is instead of seeing a black screen when you die your character fall to the ground and slowly closes his eyes (it will always be in first person mode and it will be blurry and you won't be able to swivel your head of corse , so your head would just fall where it would normally if you died , but you at least get a little more cinematic way of dying .

This way you can at least know you weren't killed by the server or game , cuz you would hear the bullet shot (maybe not for realism) or you would at least maybe have a chance at seein some bandit feet running your way so you can at least have your mind be at rest that you weren't invisible Zombie glitch killed . But honestly I don't want this for any other purpose but to have a better "you are dead" screen cuz to be honest I hate how I die and instantly the "you are dead" black screen comes up.

ye, sure and then after getting killed i tell my friend in teamspeak where he is camping...

thats true

OP is a brilliant orator, I'm going to put that shit in my sig.

OP is a brilliant orator, I'm going to put that shit in my sig.

Stupid idea, brilliant philisophical genius.

Do I smell a savant? :P

"To seek and eat, to hide and die."

Inspiring words. Puts Churchill to shame, he does. Their Finest Hour is garbage compared to this.

"To seek and eat, to hide and die."

Inspiring words. Puts Churchill to shame, he does. Their Finest Hour is garbage compared to this.

I shall recite them every day at 12 0'clock,  on the AM frequencies outside of Elektro.

"Afternoon, listeners, and welcome back to 97.3 Elektric Radio. I've got some good news and some good songs coming your way, but first are some words of wisdom from a man named Msy..."

As some people have pointed out, this isn't a TDM or DM game like a CoD or BF match. This is an open world, survival horror hybrid MMOG. I've never played the other ARMA games, so I don't know how they play out. But from what I've read, they strive for realism rather than heart pounding twitch gameplay.

As stupid and unfitting ops suggestion is, not a DM? Did you play DayZ for one minute?

Maybe not everyone mine why and how he/she is dead, but for me or others like me, I suggest DAYZ add death playback/ killcam function which can be optional in the server difficulty setting for the reason below:

1. Due to ALPHA stage, both anty-cheater system and program stability are not good, many people are confused to judge what causes his/her death. With the playback you can see the trueth.

2. For someone who insist reality, this function can be disabled in the server setting.

3. It is a game, not a real life. Since someone likes to kill for fun, and someone more likes a cooperation, with the playback, it might give the killer more pressure if he wants to be camper.

4. If there is a 3rd person's view, why not adding a playback? In my opinion, the former is a cheating way at some condition.

-------

What a survival game should like? As human beings, we should remake a human society as the basic goal then the stable society, finally the revival from apocalypse. Without society human being are one kind of animals. For now in the game you are an animal to seek and eat, to hide and die.

If the game has no ability to reduce killing each-other, why not adding a killcam to help killing each-other?

Getting your death cause on your death screen (without too many details) sure.

Getting a killcam? no.

The reason as to why third person was added was because in real life you have a 180* Field of view, but in the game on first person you only have a 90* field of view.

It was just purely for balance, nothing more,

I personally think you're just a troll wanting to feed off negative reactions and for that I suggest you to gtfo

The reason as to why third person was added was because in real life you have a 180* Field of view, but in the game on first person you only have a 90* field of view.

It was just purely for balance, nothing more,

I personally think you're just a troll wanting to feed off negative reactions and for that I suggest you to gtfo

3rd person was added because it was already in the ArmA engine.

Your FoV is actually the same in both perspectives, but in 3rd person the camera is above and behind the player. This gives the illusion that 3rd person has more. Furthermore, it's adjustable anyway.

Please leave and never come back.

I think playback would be a good idea just because some deaths are fucking hilarious and i wanna see it from a playback pov, I DO NOT think the playback should show where the death came from, just the last instance before the character dies.  That way, it doesn't reveal where the killer was if they were hiding

I totally agree with OP. There should be a killcam with the player name and a report function. Cheaters like to play on high populated servers because they can't be identified. The killcam could be delayed to allow snipers to find a new position.

Edited by Karakoz