Sign in to follow this  
nvrsbr

Abandoned Nuclear Power Plant and a Golf Course.

Abandoned Nuclear Power Plant

Maybe something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/YcigE6n.jpg?1

And a Golf Course would be cool.

You could get a Golf Club to use as a weapon and a Golf bag to wear on your back to hold stuff.

Also some tacky Golf Clothing would be nice.

Maybe when physiscs were added you could actually try to sink a golf ball :D

• Like 5

A golf course makes no sense, people didnt play golf in the USSR.

• Like 5

A nuclear plant also doesn't make sense...this is Chernarus.

Why not? The only thing is that wouldnt they blow up or something, since all the plant workers got infected, although they might have shut it down when the outbreak occured.

• Like 3

You do realize that in all of Russia has only 47 stations and most are group up into installations. Its not like building one is easy and like Geckofrog said it does not make sense to have one in Chernarus. It would be cool don't get me wrong just seems to me like it would be out of place. 

• Like 1

Why not? The only thing is that wouldnt they blow up or something, since all the plant workers got infected, although they might have shut it down when the outbreak occured.

If this is Russia, then yes, there would be nuclear power plants.

But Chernarus is far too small of a country to have it.

They have old leftover soviet tech, and is mostly a big farming community.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 2

Im all for a nucleur powerplant after all Chernarus was part of the soviet union, the powerplant would of very likely of been made during the times of the USSR and therefore was left there when it was dissolved. So im all for this idea, hell I would even like to make it somewhere which I just stay at forever, constantly wandering the lonely corridors...

• Like 1

If this is Russia, then yes, there would be nuclear power plants.

But Chernarus is far too small of a country to have it.

They have old leftover soviet tech, and is mostly a big farming community.

I agree with you, just saying that it wouldnt hurt to have one in the future when other maps/locations will be created.

You do realize that in all of Russia has only 47 stations and most are group up into installations. Its not like building one is easy and like Geckofrog said it does not make sense to have one in Chernarus. It would be cool don't get me wrong just seems to me like it would be out of place. 

Well, most of the new appartment buildings seem out of place to me. Way too many.

And the 2 firestations in Elektro is a bit overkill... Always made me wonder with all the firestation in the DayZ mod (and SA) where are the firetrucks??

Anyway, there's lots of other instance where structures in DayZ feel out of place. I would love a NPP. :thumbsup:

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Those appartment buildings seem fine to me, I grew up in one of those, and the second fire station will most likely be replaced.

That is true, but for me a nuclear power still just seems out of place. If they do add more maps or make the original a lot bigger then sure why not.  

I would like some kind of large industrial complex... maybe in the future, if the map is expanded to the west, we can have some kind of coal-fired powerplant? That would fit, in my opinion.

The apartment buildings fit perfectly, as I said before it was part of the soviet union and they even had apartment buildings nearly that big before WW2 (Just look a Pavlov's house etc.) Also bear in mind the Dayz map of 'Chernarus' is only a small part of the country 'Chernarus' and in fact the main capital is way further west, so a power station could fit as it would provide power to the whole of the country, not just the area we have in the map.

I would like some kind of large industrial complex... maybe in the future, if the map is expanded to the west, we can have some kind of coal-fired powerplant? That would fit, in my opinion.

We already have large industrial complexes as it is.

Also, to OP: The golf idea is silly unless we ever see an unfairly-rich area of the map where rich ex-KGB keep their limousines and holiday homes [i would like to see this happen to Guba]. Otherwise it's unnecessary and does not fit a poor, primarily farming ex-Soviet region. From my "extensive research" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovakia#Sports the most likely recreational activity areas would be a football stadium [football as in soccer], a decrepit ice rink with slushy unkempt ice, or a tennis court [also more of a Richie rich activity, though].

I'm just saying I for one believe dean rocket hall chose THE MOST boring country you could ever Have for a zombie apocalypse , and I really can't wait til the dayz standalone mods are out cuz that's where you will find these amazing landmarks .

I do hope they find ways to spice up chernarus though before game launch (like the ship at berezino, and the skyscraper apartments above Cherno/balota), cuz I really would not want to run around chernarus for any more than a half a year(real time) if it looks the way it does come launch .

I know a lot of us are returning dayz players, but those that see dayz standalone as their first experience , often describe the landscape as " very beautiful but void of anything aside from trees and rocks ". Thats paraphrased of course .

This is troubling though , because the best experiences of a zombie apocalypse (in my opinion) are the amazing cities and landmarks (power plants , golf courses , Olympic stadiums , amusement parks , highway stretches ) of what used to be humanity , and chernarus simply won't have any of that because deans-sometimes overly annoying need for realism . I mean I'm all for realism but we all want a little more than trees and and ocean view , but with all the fps issues I highly doubt dean or his team will even consider large scale additions like this unless they are already planning on it .

I'm all for more building types and more spice but it's clear that the community is die-hard about realism all over , but for me realism can die in a pit when it comes to more interesting landscape and buildings . But like I said we will just have to wait for the Dayz standalone mod for these things to happen .

A golf course makes no sense, people didnt play golf in the USSR.

First golf course was built in russia when President Eisenhower planned a visit there in the late 50's.

Yes, I would love to see a giant industrial building 5 stories high filled with rooms and hallways out in the middle of a forest somewhere all by itself... and Imagine you stumble across it in the middle of the night, that would be THE TITS ! 

I'm waiting for any of those giant industrial complexes we already see to become enter able, hopefully one day !!

if they are to expand the area of chernarus i would love to be able to explore an abandoned nuclear power plant, also one reason that makes sense is that chernarus is on the coast, nuclear power plants require HUGE amounts of water to function safely and chernarus is surrounded by water!

A golf course would be cool but i dont think it will happen USSR isnt the place to find one - especially considering what others have said.

in another thread someone suggest an abandoned olympic park or sports arena, i would love to be able to explore that, it would be cool

another structure i would like to see is large assembly halls, like town halls almost: huge open rooms with tonnes of chairs, maybe a court room in a town, would be a fun place to camp out?

• Like 1

if they are to expand the area of chernarus i would love to be able to explore an abandoned nuclear power plant, also one reason that makes sense is that chernarus is on the coast, nuclear power plants require HUGE amounts of water to function safely and chernarus is surrounded by water!

A golf course would be cool but i dont think it will happen USSR isnt the place to find one - especially considering what others have said.

in another thread someone suggest an abandoned olympic park or sports arena, i would love to be able to explore that, it would be cool

another structure i would like to see is large assembly halls, like town halls almost: huge open rooms with tonnes of chairs, maybe a court room in a town, would be a fun place to camp out?

Im all or that, an olympic site such as the one in Bosnia would be awesome:sarajevo9.JPG

And as always a nucleur power plant, or even a military vehicle graveyard: 33962d1379789507-chernobyl-today-chernob

Adding one of these when vehicles are released would be the sort of best place to find vehicle parts, just like you can get military gear from different places but the best place is Balota or NWAF, more loot for more danger!

• Like 1

I take it most of you have never visited old soviet bloc countries?  

• Like 1