tigersrule777

One other person on the server and he killed me

I got onto a sever that had one other person, and I was in electro. Literally 7 seconds after spawning he hit me with an axe and i went unconscious. I didn't even know he was there. I had a gun, but if he was the only person on the server I would have under no circumstances shot him...I don't usually call "hacker", but what are the odds really that he would have been right there when I logged on?

Hmm... That just happens from time to time. Just the other day there was me and 2 other players on the server. And what do you think I thought when I saw them both on the NEAF through my scope?

It might be Solopopo here some of his quotes;

I'm server hopping when I run into the only other players on servers.

There have been several times that I've killed the only person in an empty server.

This happens to me frequently, because I am always going after the biggest fish. I'm always searching for the biggest, baddest, group and trying to kill them. I like to prevail through disadvantage. It's how I prefer to play.

I just can not get over how he prevails through disadvantage by server hopping to gear up.

It might be Solopopo here some of his quotes;

I'm server hopping when I run into the only other players on servers.

There have been several times that I've killed the only person in an empty server.

This happens to me frequently, because I am always going after the biggest fish. I'm always searching for the biggest, baddest, group and trying to kill them. I like to prevail through disadvantage. It's how I prefer to play.

I just can not get over how he prevails through disadvantage by server hopping to gear up.

Solopopo? How could you possibly pin it down to someone when you have no idea where I even live?

Edited by tigersrule777
  • Like 1

Me and a buddy , when we had like around 10 hours in the game , logged on a night server to try it out for the 1st time. It was dark but not pitch black.  We didn't know then about the gamma and brightness thing. It was only us and one other guy on the server. As we trekked along the road from cherno to electro , we decided to make a stop on one of the water wells between the 2 cities. As soon as we start drinking water - ratatatata - we got wasted.. So yeah - shit happens :(

Edited by Trivi

Spent all morning travelling from the coast to Stary Sobor cause last night I died from some sorta bug, anyways, got there after two hours of looting and what not, headed to Kamenka and to the nearby military base, I'd scouted the area out for like 20 minutes, so I went into the barracks, was on the floor looking under the bed, next thing you know there's a gunshot swiftly followed by the 'you are dead' message, there was one other person on the server and either he'd been following me for a good long while or stumbled across me by pure chance, either way didn't even use direct communication or anything, and I had no worthy loot, so just a complete waste, it's people like this that just make DayZ incredibly annoying at times.

• Like 1

But can you trust people? How was he suppose to know that you wouldn't have tried to kill him?

It would be so much more fun if people valued trading items more than killing people, but fear drives people to murder. If I was one other person on the server and saw the only other guy, I would try direct communication. I feel as though it is much easier to be friendly there because there is more loot to share and less chance another player will see the opportunity to kill you both while you're talking. 

On a more populace server, however, I would be more inclined to kill people faster, because I don't want to give my position away to people I am unaware of. Fear always drives murder. 

I've only killed 3 people in my dayz time. One of them was an accident when I was trying to shoot the zombie attacking him. The other two were out of fear, but a weird type of fear. I was afraid of communicating with them because I was embarrassed to speak in direct chat, and afraid to take my guard down long enough to type. I didn't want the embarrassment so I killed them. I felt terrible. :/ 

I always give people a clear warning over direct communication at least 2 times before going into combat, the only other time I'll kill someone is if they've just opened fire on me. Only once shot and killed someone by accident cause they ran through the door at me and my instant reaction was the fire button.

I once got disconnected in the middle of the road by a small town and didn't want to risk getting shot while in the open and logged in to a server with 1 person and when my screen came up a guy was running at me with a baseball bat, it happens

And that was just a small town

Spent all morning travelling from the coast to Stary Sobor cause last night I died from some sorta bug, anyways, got there after two hours of looting and what not, headed to Kamenka and to the nearby military base, I'd scouted the area out for like 20 minutes, so I went into the barracks, was on the floor looking under the bed, next thing you know there's a gunshot swiftly followed by the 'you are dead' message, there was one other person on the server and either he'd been following me for a good long while or stumbled across me by pure chance, either way didn't even use direct communication or anything, and I had no worthy loot, so just a complete waste, it's people like this that just make DayZ incredibly annoying at times.

Or maybe you guys should try looting and playing on a full pop server? instead of you fucking looting empty servers like a noob? im seriously sorry to say this .. But damn alot of you guys are playing on empty servers just to gear up, and then go out an pvp..

you all deserve to get killed.

I know u said u didnt have much on you when you died, but you obv playing on low pop servers just to gear up... 

it's people like this that just make DayZ incredibly annoying at times.

Edited by Twitch.Tv/WnL1
  • Like 1

I Know a lot if guys who's hobby is to camp high value loot areas for unsuspecting prey to pass by... When I'm bored I make myself comfortable on the sniperhill at neaf on empty servers and I don't have to wait long for some sniper practice...

Or maybe you guys should try looting and playing on a full pop server? instead of you fucking looting empty servers like a noob? im seriously sorry to say this .. But damn alot of you guys are playing on empty servers just to gear up, and then go out an pvp..

I know u said u didnt have much on you when you died, but you obv playing on low pop servers just to gear up... 

No, I was just on a low-pop server cause it was the only one that wasn't lagging, I didn't even check how many players were in there until I'd joined and thought about where to head off to. I prefer playing on high player servers cause there's increased PvP and interactions, compared to just a couple of Zeds and endless gear, I prefer the challenge of having more players.

No, I was just on a low-pop server cause it was the only one that wasn't lagging, I didn't even check how many players were in there until I'd joined and thought about where to head off to. I prefer playing on high player servers cause there's increased PvP and interactions, compared to just a couple of Zeds and endless gear, I prefer the challenge of having more players.

The only server that wasnt lagging.. ??

im just gonna stop here, have a nice one..

I once met up with a couple of buddies on a basically empty server. We were 5 guys. In the middle of nowhere we suddenly ran into a 4-man group and face-shooting ensued.

Result was 7 dead, 2 wounded.

Total server population at that time: 9.

• Like 1

Low pop servers are the most dangerous because the other people are all in the good loot spots, which presumably you also are since you're on a low pop server to begin with.

Yeah, gee, let's go loot Elektro on a full pop server. Here's a hint for you, master gamer: it's all already looted, and you're just going to get killed endlessly.

Until the loot spawning mechanics are unfucked, this is what the game is like.

• Like 1

I logged into a server one night a couple of weeks ago at the N.E airfield..

I had logged out in the jail on the landing the previous night and when logged in there was the only other guy on the server with his back turned to me looking at the loot on the floor, I just stood there thinking what should I do when he turned around saw me and panic attacked me with his baseball bat lol...

So I hit him with my axe and killed him, so these things do happen..

I got onto a sever that had one other person, and I was in electro. Literally 7 seconds after spawning he hit me with an axe and i went unconscious. I didn't even know he was there. I had a gun, but if he was the only person on the server I would have under no circumstances shot him...I don't usually call "hacker", but what are the odds really that he would have been right there when I logged on?

1 other person in the server and you go to one of the hottest pvp spots on the map.  Great job.  :thumbsup:

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Lol, after reading the thread title and before reading the post, I guessed electro. What do I win?

As has already been said... It is quite common to run into other players in high value loot areas in low pop servers.