kevsta545

DayZ is dead to me..

So as such, choosing this method of communication in the forums, the topic, the reasons and the tone, heh, deserves all the flames and stomping anyone can dish out.

-Sin

Hello there

I completely disagree with this statement.

Whilst many "im done" threads do tend to annoy, there's no real excuse to "flame and stomp".

If you dont like the fact someone is leaving, just ignore the thread.

I do agree though that folk should not jump to conclusions when the rumour mill starts.

But stomping and flaming? No. If a thread is out of place then simply report it and let the mods take care of it.

Now, Back on topic please.

Rdgs

LoK

Read the first line then stopped.

The game is not even in Beta yet.

How can it be a success or a failure if it's not even finished?

It's like reading someones book that there writing thats only half done and saying 

"man that ending sucked, you've got a shit book here buddy"

I just don't understand some peoples way of looking at this game.

What the hell do you expect from an unfinished game?

The devs are letting us test it to make sure it's good once it's finished.

I don't know how much clearer they can word the disclaimer that you just click away every time you start the game.

• Like 1

My ultimate aim is, I want to create my own studio that I can run under my own ethos. I love working with Marek, so I think I’ll always have a close relationship with them, but I think, to make this game, I’d want to find people to do it with who… There’s been a few people I’ve met here who’ve said, “Wow, I’ve always wanted to do this mountaineering game.” I’m trying to assemble people who really want to do that"

He would need to pay us to play that shit.

All the unbelievably disrespectful comments are from members with so few posts as to never know Kev. If its not to say goodbye in a well-wishing manner and say something supportive then kindly shut the fuck up. 

Because YOU have contributed SO much to this forum with 30 posts? No. He has, he was and still is a valued community member. Fucking pricks would you say this kind of stuff to someone whos leaving an office, or a job? No. Grow some fucking respect, there were people here well before you and your post about "more loot for me hehehe" contributes nothing. 

As for my own post count I lingered on the forums when Lok had half his current count but never felt the need to chip in, they were very thorough in their contributions  ;)  :beans:  only the boundless ignorance of the alpha threads prompted a change in my behavior. 

OT, Kev you will be missed. I wish you only the best in your future endeavors and hope that you someday come back, I always enjoyed seeing the veteran members chime into any topic. May you go with honor, and grace.

"Sinphaltimus, on 27 Feb 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

snapback.png

So as such, choosing this method of communication in the forums, the topic, the reasons and the tone, heh, deserves all the flames and stomping anyone can dish out.

-Sin

Hello there

I completely disagree with this statement." - LoK

Yeah, looking back at that I agree with your disagreement. Poor choice of words on my part. i should have re-read and thought about it for a second. what I should have said was 

"So as such, choosing this method of communication in the forums, the topic, the reasons and the tone, he set himself up for  all the flames and stomping anyone can dish out."

• Like 1

All the unbelievably disrespectful comments are from members with so few posts as to never know Kev. If its not to say goodbye in a well-wishing manner and say something supportive then kindly shut the fuck up. 

Because YOU have contributed SO much to this forum with 30 posts? No. He has, he was and still is a valued community member. Fucking pricks would you say this kind of stuff to someone whos leaving an office, or a job? No. Grow some fucking respect, there were people here well before you and your post about "more loot for me hehehe" contributes nothing. 

As for my own post count I lingered on the forums when Lok had half his current count but never felt the need to chip in, they were very thorough in their contributions  ;)  :beans:  only the boundless ignorance of the alpha threads prompted a change in my behavior. 

OT, Kev you will be missed. I wish you only the best in your future endeavors and hope that you someday come back, I always enjoyed seeing the veteran members chime into any topic. May you go with honor, and grace.

So you're shocked by "all the unbelievably disrespectful comments" you've seen in this post, but but it's okay for you to tell all the "fucking pricks" you don't like to "shut the fuck up?"  Using up your precious 32nd post to criticize folks with only "30 posts." Clearly you're one of those lovable little fuzzballs whose hypocrisy knows no bounds.  

Edited by iBane
  • Like 1

We'll if any of you noticed or cared

Nope. 

Self indulgent posts are not very edifying, and it's been said elsewhere but your 'dedication' clearly doesn't last past alpha stage.

Mind the door don't hit you on the ass on the way out.

• Like 1

Post count of disrespectful asshats - low. 

Intelligent quotient of said asshats in this thread - very low.

On topic - Hope you take a good long break OP and come back refreshed to the project.

Having been here through-out most of the mods development I took a good long break near the end and found the fun in SA when released.

Deans comments may seem to be pessimistic but the guy is only human and seems to be pretty burnt out. At any rate I have faith in the people that Rocket has around him to carry on in his absence.

BI has a lot riding on this project, I can't see them letting it fail in any way. 

All the unbelievably disrespectful comments

kindly shut the fuck up. 

Fucking pricks

Grow some fucking respect 

May you go with honor, and grace.

How's that whole irony thing working for ya?

• Like 3

I hoped DayZ would be a success, I'll start off with that I guess.

Some would say it is a success, If your counting how many copies it's sold, that is.

But that's not what I look for in a game, especially in games like DayZ that start with a small idea that ends up becoming something big, I look for dedication. So when I heard that at the end of 2014 he will be permanently leaving the DayZ team I was shocked. After going through years of development he won't be able to fully put his finishing touches on the game. I'm sure DayZ will be fun and all and have everything they promised, but I was hoping for rocket to be the man designing the ways to execute challenges, and be the creative man in charge. Which if course he will be for quite some time. But in a way I don't look at DayZ the same anymore, you know something's wrong when the main dev of the game calls his creative vision "fundamentally flawed" I was very upset.

So what's with all this rambling about you may be asking? We'll if any of you noticed or cared, I've been increasingly less active on the forums, as I've slowly begun to lose interest on it all. So this is a farewell to everyone, I may come back in time, but at the current point in time I'm gone from all this, thanks to everyone who made these forums some of the best times I've ever had.

Farewell everyone.

-kevsta545

Oh yeah we totally noticed you werent on the forums since we hang on your every word and just press the refersh button all day waiting and hoping you will post...

So the games been out for two months in alpha and its a failure huh? Did you grab a delorian and go back to the future or something?

So tell me what's it like two years from now? Has the earth been taken over by Apes yet?

This is pretty much a copy paste of something I said in another post but tis my thoughts.

There is no other game out there even close to DayZ. It will continue to get polished while lots of content gets added in. I'm sorry you have your doubts but with the large amount of money they have made and most likely another 1.5 million players potentially waiting till it is more polished there is no way in hell they are just going to cancel it and let it rot.

Dean isn't going anywhere anytime soon and has said he will be staying as long as he is needed... On top of that it's his baby and I believe he will always be apart of it even with his new company... I was upset about the news but if you actually use your brain and think for 5 minutes you will realize the potential this game has and no company including BI is going to throw that away.

Yet again sorry you have your doubts.

All in all DayZ is clearly going to get better and better, Look at all the status updates, dev blogs, constant patches etc.. I could go on and on. If you really have your doubts go buy any other alpha possible on steam, you will realize very quickly that this one tops them all, in quality, care and potential.

Ignore any offensive parts as its not directed to you OP. Sad too see another player go, but I hope you will be back. It can be a bit boring at times, although with friends I can never seem to get bored, solo play well yah.

Lets hope the team has a similar mindset.  :)""

Everyone against or not against to @Kevsta545 thinks the same way as @Zarniwoop... and it hurts :(

and you can feel the expressions on the face of that Smiley i Quoted....

Edited by Subscriber

don't worry pretty face about nothing kevsta545  :)

DayZ is only game

wait for see full release version after make decide if dayz is great game or fail game

before this nobody know nothing ;)

also rocket giving 3 year of life to bohemia will be 4 year when he going :rolleyes:

is enough, he deserve to take chance with reward money for genius concept and make dream happen start new studio :D

I say good luck to him and good luck to you I hope I see you back in few days saying 'was beer make me do it' :huh:

I can taste the accent.

• Like 1

He'll be back. One man can only cry for so long. 

He'll come running back like Day Z is his ex girlfriend.

• Like 1

I apologise for my callousness (sincerely) but why do people feel the need to announce that they are personally not playing anymore.

The world will not stop turning, the development will not cease.

If you are unhappy, that’s all very sad and subjective, but is a press release really necessary?

See you when you eventually return!