Sign in to follow this  
Sgt.Oddball

New Town? NW

Experimental Branch

Not seen this before, but I decided to head north to see if there was anything exciting. I think I may have found an unannounced village.  Anybody been here before? Have I missed it in a changelog? Or has it always been here?

newtown.png

2014-02-26_00007.jpg

2014-02-26_00004.jpg

I figured it was new as there was quite a few places where the landscape hadn't been adjusted to the buildings. (although, I quite like the overgrown abandoned look)

2014-02-26_00001.jpg

2014-02-26_00002.jpg

• Like 1

I thought the new ones were going to be North East. Must of misread something.....

Why can't they flatten the ground before they add buildings? it just leaves it open for players to manipulate and it looks like ass.

Why can't they flatten the ground before they add buildings? it just leaves it open for players to manipulate and it looks like ass.

Cuz they are busy doing other shit.

Alpha :P ;)

I did a journey through the very most northern part of Chernarus.  I found a train station and roads but there weren't many buildings yet.  It looked odd.  

Im guessing they stick them in and see what needs adjusting. This is on Experimental.... In an Alpha....

• Like 1

shit that is the abandoned housing project which my character bought before the zombie apocalypse!!

• Like 1

shit that is the abandoned housing project which my character bought before the zombie apocalypse!!

If its pre-apocalypse then your claim is null and void. As discoverer I claim it for myself and henceforth it shall be named Oddington. (All are welcome)

• Like 3

Nice to see. There is a huge tranche of land from the NW pass all the way along to the train station near Gvozdno that is crying out for content. Lovely to wander when you first get the game but as good as player free wilderness in terms of the game. Would love to see a lot of it populated. Have to admit I thought they would extend the train station area as well as the buildings at 049/023 which is just farm buildings but has the road structure for more content.

• Like 1

If its pre-apocalypse then your claim is null and void. As discoverer I claim it for myself and henceforth it shall be named Oddington. (All are welcome)

its all yours buddy, finders keeper. :) 

its all yours buddy, finders keeper. :)

:thumbsup:

Ive updated the map to reflect the changes.... Now if somebody could let the Devs know......

1bd6ffc3-089a-4c96-a9ae-224f020bd281.png

• Like 9

Yeah they said they were adding health centers and police stations "across the map", so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the designers were also busy building some of the new towns.

:thumbsup:

Ive updated the map to reflect the changes.... Now if somebody could let the Devs know......

1bd6ffc3-089a-4c96-a9ae-224f020bd281.png

I actually hope this happens now, simply because you, good sir/ma'am, made me laugh! Take my beans as a reward!

I broke my legs out of Svetlojarsk trying to climb down onto the railway track and crawled all the way there.  I had sticks, but they were in my trouser pocket when I fell and were broken! It took a long time.  I found the town with its weird half constructed pipe work, but it got dark and I couldn't see to find any twigs.  After shooting my last bullets, I managed to find a fire station, pulled myself to the top and then rolled myself into oblivion. 

It looked weird, but then again, I could barely see over the kerb.

Edited by ShootingPains

Cuz they are busy doing other shit.

Alpha :P ;)

Yeah, it takes a lot of time and paperwork to eject the lead developer from his position  <_<

Great find OP. Beans. 

Edited by Solopopo

Nice to see. There is a huge tranche of land from the NW pass all the way along to the train station near Gvozdno that is crying out for content. Lovely to wander when you first get the game but as good as player free wilderness in terms of the game. Would love to see a lot of it populated. Have to admit I thought they would extend the train station area as well as the buildings at 049/023 which is just farm buildings but has the road structure for more content.

I did some paralel pictures of dayzdb map and satelite photos of area north of Gvozdno. If they will make it a copy of real area (like they did with rest of map), there will be at leas 2 or 3 kilometres of towns along that northern road and railway. I dont know how to atach photos on this forum :)

• Like 2

If you follow the road east on that image, there's a new small industrial walled compound - look at the grey patches. It's been nicely modelled. Couldn't find much if any loot in these two new areas... probably underground or not finished. Nice stuff!

Miss the old Northern wilderness of the mod though.

странно город

That is to say, "Oddington" in Russian.

I typed "oddington" into google translate, but it didn't work. So I separated the word into "odd", and "ington". "странно" means odd. Sadly, "ing" does not translate into russian, so I took the basic meaning of "ington" and assumed it referred to a city, or pollis, and instead typed in "town", which gave me "город", which, according to google translate, relates to "city, town, place, borough, burg".

Hence, странно город.......

I hereby move that this^ be made the official, in game name of this town, in honor of its first officially declared discoverer.

All in favor? 

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 3

Made a thread in the suggestions forum. Go and vote for or against the naming of this town "странно город"

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177483-proposed-name-for-an-as-yet-unnamed-town-in-the-far-nw/

Brilliant. You can have some beans. In fact, have all my beans. They need to add a "Give all" button to match the new "Eat All"....