bergerlu

Remove guns from the game.

Only two things i want to see removed from Dayz = zombies and TPV.

Zombies imo add nothing but frustration and server strain to the game, focusing on more survival aspects and persistence would make for a more fun game this is entirely my opinion though, I always thought the idea of zombies in dayz was a gimmick.

TPV well we all know why.

lol, remove zombies. That's a "Gerry Newman" move right there. I don't want this game to turn into Rust...

As the title says, if this game wants to be something truly special and stand out from the crowd, it needs to remove guns.

When I saw an article about this game, I was excited because it felt like it was something really new and special. And it was at first, when I had no weapons and was fleeing zombies, swimming to small islands to save my skin.

Then I got guns and other people got guns and I realized this was just a standard shooter in a very big map.

I would suggest instead of guns create a huge inventory of melee weapons (and of course improve melee combat). That way, you have to get closer to people and have more interactions with them. Survival needs be harder. Food and water would need to be more scarce. Zombies much harder. That would force people working together, but you could still get axed in the back which is okay since you would at least be able to judge if you trust someone or not and let them come close to you.

Seriously this game right now feels like COD only you see someone every 5 hours or so.

Ok, brilliant plan. So the game would be like this:

1. your char running around near-death because he cant find food. He can water, but it will make him sick.

2. Zombies are supermen running around. They will superman glitch through the wall when they see you and all you can do is run, which will make you even more hungry.

3. food is even more scarce and you want people 2 people dynamic to increase positively. so now instead of people shooting each other for food, they will stab, hit with axes/bats, etc for food, which will increase 10 fold because a melee weapon probably would ruin the item, so now you see a player, you see a meal ticket.

4. being there would be limited weapons, you'd never hear gunfire. so you would see people even less.

so you created a game that makes people vs people contact even worse.

thanks, but im so happy you're not a programmer.

As the title says, if this game wants to be something truly special and stand out from the crowd, it needs to remove guns.

When I saw an article about this game, I was excited because it felt like it was something really new and special. And it was at first, when I had no weapons and was fleeing zombies, swimming to small islands to save my skin.

Then I got guns and other people got guns and I realized this was just a standard shooter in a very big map.

I would suggest instead of guns create a huge inventory of melee weapons (and of course improve melee combat). That way, you have to get closer to people and have more interactions with them. Survival needs be harder. Food and water would need to be more scarce. Zombies much harder. That would force people working together, but you could still get axed in the back which is okay since you would at least be able to judge if you trust someone or not and let them come close to you.

Seriously this game right now feels like COD only you see someone every 5 hours or so.

*eye roll*

Haven't we had this conversation? You and I?

When there are more survival mechanics and zombies are a threat your situation will improve you. Wait for those things, or get out. Maybe DayZ isn't right for you.

Lets all just spawn in a giant field of flowers and butterflies.

Then, instead of running North to get away from the coast we run to some magical place called "WonderLand". There we can all hold hands and make friendship bracelets while we giggle with delight while the shining, golden, sun warms our naked bodies.

There will be no need for thirst or hunger because our every wish will be granted by the "WonderLand Wizard of Niceness". Want a canteen of water? Just ask the wizard. Craving some beans or, perhaps, tuna? The wizard provides for all.

Then, as you sleep beneath the boughs of a tall evergreen tree, your slumber is disturbed....

....by a fucking horde of players armed to the teeth with M4's, Mosin's, and SKS's and they are killing every motherfucker in sight.

Get real n00b! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

To totally remove guns would be , sorry, plain idiotic.

Also even wanting something like this, in alfa version, which is clearly not ballanced at all, with minimum of features implemented, is rather short sighted.

I kinda believe that once in beta, we may see guns and ammo being generally more rare, thus forcing people to run around with bows and "hoes".

edit: I feel like I took troll bait O_o.

Edited by Hombre

This game really had the potential to be something new and innovative survival game but no. The dumb crowd want their games with guns. Please give us another COD, Battlefield, Arma game. Let us KOS and pew pew on sight, snipe from tall buildings etc, etc...

That's why movies like Sharknado are made. Hollywood knows what the crowd wants.

• Like 1

Get rid of guns! What is this unpatriotic talk! Guns are needed to protect comrade from wandering axe murderer! Or wild bear from the north! Without gun, we would just be naked man running around hitting stuff with stones!

This game really had the potential to be something new and innovative survival game but no. The dumb crowd want their games with guns. Please give us another COD, Battlefield, Arma game. Let us KOS and pew pew on sight, snipe from tall buildings etc, etc...

That's why movies like Sharknado are made. Hollywood knows what the crowd wants.

Guns wont stop people from killing, its part of dayz has always been a part of dayz and will always be a part of dayz. guns dont kill people they just make it easier.

*golf clap* Yes, let's call people on the opposing side of your argument dumb. That will surely lead to progression. /sarcasm

Guns are not the problem. The problem is that the environment not out to devour us yet. There is no common enemy. No incentives to team up.
Game is still in development. When there is more to do shooting each other out of boredom will change. It will always be around, and it should be.
Expect social dynamics to get better later on in development. Or, find a group of like minded people to play with.

And your suggestion to take guns away is laughable. Quickest way to get geared is to stalk and axe down someone else who is.

Edited by Rudette

Guns wont stop people from killing, its part of dayz has always been a part of dayz and will always be a part of dayz. guns dont kill people they just make it easier.

Which is why I proposed to create a HUGE inventory of melee weapons to kill with. 

I would be okay with extremely rare guns.

I just don't want this game to turn into yet another pew pew game.

Well we will see in a year and a half when the game is complete I guess

forcing people to run around with bows and "hoes".

Bows and Hoes! lol nice wording xD

Which is why I proposed to create a HUGE inventory of melee weapons to kill with. 

I would be okay with extremely rare guns.

I just don't want this game to turn into yet another pew pew game.

Well we will see in a year and a half when the game is complete I guess

the game is meant to be realistic survival not crappy survival... guns have been part of many games LONG LONG LONG before COD... i guess you're just to young to know what doom, quake, wolfenstine etc are...

obviously you just want the guns to be rare so you can have one and over power the other players that cannot get one... you make no logical sense with your banter this game was designed as a "pew pew" survial game based on real world zombie apocalypse, because if it ACTUALLY happened all the guns wouldn't magically disappear...

for example in Switzerland there are over 500,000 Sig 550's, kept in Swiss homes, it's designed to destroy anything standing within it's 400m trajectory. Basic military training is MANDATORY for young men, and after they are required! to keep there gun at home...

Please tell me again how guns will/should be rare in a realistic zombie apocalypse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ufkwTM82e4

Edited by s32ialx

the game is meant to be realistic survival not crappy survival... guns have been part of many games LONG LONG LONG before COD... i guess you're just to young to know what doom, quake, wolfenstine etc are...

obviously you just want the guns to be rare so you can have one and over power the other players that cannot get one... you make no logical sense with your banter this game was designed as a "pew pew" survial game based on real world zombie apocalypse, because if it ACTUALLY happened all the guns wouldn't magically disappear...

You are very good at making crazy assumptions. I have played all the FPS you mentioned and lately I played BF4 a LOT. Which is EXACTLY why I'm requesting a fresh game with very limited pew pew. Like I already said this could have been something new and innovative but no let's keep the good old gaming recipe.

It is a new an innovative survival game, that has nothing to do with guns. Nobody here wants another COD or Battlefield. Arma, well yes, somewhat Arma as that was sort of the whole core of the damn game.

The problem with your melee idea is that melee in a first person shooter sucks. Sacrificing basically the core of the game play for what? So you can interact with your murderer?

Interactions will evolve as content is included. It won't stop those who want to kill, but it will give them options.

• Like 1

go play minecraft there is your survival build a base bow and arrows with swords no guns. hell you can play on my MC server if you want mc.epic-it.ca enjoy!

this game was meant to be realistic combat not something new and innovative it's something new and innovative for game play but that doesn't mean they have to ditch a now common and basic piece survival gear that would be in a realistic ZOMBIE survival game.

Edited by s32ialx

lets add fast travel and a mode that protects you from pvp while we are at it

he's probably one of those whiny kids that plays those games on rails that basically play the game and even shoot for you lawl

No wonder Dean Hall is leaving the project after he realized he brought the cod kos pew pew fan base to its game and now it's too late the game is doomed.

Hahahaha. Rocket made the mod. The mod had so many more guns in it. Oh gosh.

Not that any of your arguments had any merit before, but that statement invalidates anything you said or will say. Period.

No wonder Dean Hall is leaving the project after he realized he brought the cod kos pew pew fan base to its game and now it's too late the game is doomed.

You're an idiot.