Sign in to follow this  
VexeN

I tried to be a friendly player, I really did.

I have not owned this game too long and I did not play the mod and when i did buy this game i was buying with hopes of being a good guy which I have succesfully been from sharing what little knowlage I have, giving food and water and even giving a genuine fresh spawn full tactical gear and an M4 (because I know where I can get more). I have been killed and robbed many times which is part of the game and something I am completely fine with. Today my brother also bought the game and within 5 mins of him being in game we found 2 guys shouting friendly around berezino they were both pretty kitted out I myself was in high end gear my brother was is a fresh spawn. The 2 guys were at first friendly and they had no use for my items as we were identicalafter a brief encouter of only friendly words we said our goodbyes and headed off looting, the moment we turned we were dead If you are going to kill someone be direct, dont lie, dont pretend, call me a dick and shoot me its better that way.

The next time I log on I am a Bandit

tl;dr.. Trust nobody and unless a fresh spawn kill on sight.

Complains about being killed on sight....says to kill on sight.  YOU ARE THE REASON KOS HAPPENS.

You died because you made a mistake.  Here is a list.

1.  You walked up to two people with guns without even knowing them.  Don't do that.  Try to get them to drop their weapons.  IF you are want to socialize with random people make sure everyone keeps their gun holstered.

2.  You turned your back on them, don't turn your back on someone who has a gun until you are sure its safe.

3.  You said you gave newspawns m4 and tactical vest.  I doubt this a lot.  You say you know where to get more...server hopper?  Lets not get into it.  Arming new spawns is a bad ideal, they are under-geared and want to gear up as fast as possible.  When I see a friendly with a gun I have to avoid to the temptation to knock him out and loot him.  Trust me. 

AS you said.  You are new to dayz.  I am sure you will learn the proper ways to be friendly.  I have met plenty of friendly players, they are around.  You just don't notice them as much it seems.  

Here is the proof.  Me and some randoms I found teamed up.  We even shared loot.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232276357

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232276381 ico_external_link.gif

Edited by harley001
  • Like 2

Yep, this must mean that's what everyone is going to do.

I don't care if they are friendl, everyone I encounter that doesn't Kos I still watch carefully because you never know.

How many times do we get these threads... They killed me no more mr nice guy i am going to kill everyone now on ....

Why on earth did you bother to buy the game really. If you want to move to kos hey thats fine its a legit play style a little well boring but NP but why bother to tell us we know KOS happens we know betrayal happens its how you deal with it that defines you as a player.

Learn adapt overcome or just start blasting at the coast . Hey the choice is yours what experience will you pass on to any new players???

• Like 2

It seems like one of these pops up every couple of days...if not hours.

I, as well as others, are friendly. Hell we've been posting vids of our friendly encounters. Search 'friendly' on the forum and you'll find dozens of friendly posts about friendly encounters. (That's a lot of 'friendly' for a couple sentences)

Here is my own quote from a separate thread on the same issue.

"It's possible to be friendly. It's also possible to run into friendlies.

Granted it's not incredibly common, but it is still possible.

It's easy to get pissed off and want to rage when someone gets the drop on you, and if someone catches unawares and means to kill you...well there's not much you can do but try to defend yourself. I've had my share of deaths and surprise deaths. I've been pissed off and rage quit. This game is pretty notorious for that kind of reaction, but it's those of us that can keep a cool head that stay friendly.

Being friendly doesn't mean never shooting and always approaching people. I know I've had to take out my fair share of aggressors. It's about being careful and standing your ground.

Sometimes it doesn't always work out that way. There have been other times where myself and someone else have randomly come across one another. I'll try to talk my way out of a situation, and sometimes it ends up working out. We'll exchange food and such and go about our ways. Other times it devolves into a firefight.

To me the 'friendly' playstyle is all about playing smart. It can be challenging and downright frustrating at times, but other times it can be fruitful and rewarding. Some of my best mates in-game are people I randomly encountered. We still play together to this day.

In the end it's up to you how you want to play. For me, I enjoy the 'friendly' route."

[EDIT: I felt like adding a link to a video I just finished about being friendly.

It has a few scenarios...one devolves into a shootout.

Like I said...there are tons of topics and videos of friendly players...it's just a matter of finding us. Stay frosty.]

Edited by Rhodes
  • Like 1

Complains about being killed on sight....says to kill on sight.  YOU ARE THE REASON KOS HAPPENS.

You died because you made a mistake.  Here is a list.

1.  You walked up to two people with guns without even knowing them.  Don't do that.  Try to get them to drop their weapons.  IF you are want to socialize with random people make sure everyone keeps their gun holstered.

2.  You turned your back on them, don't turn your back on someone who has a gun until you are sure its safe.

3.  You said you gave newspawns m4 and tactical vest.  I doubt this a lot.  You say you know where to get more...server hopper?  Lets not get into it.  Arming new spawns is a bad ideal, they are under-geared and want to gear up as fast as possible.  When I see a friendly with a gun I have to avoid to the temptation to knock him out and loot him.  Trust me. 

AS you said.  You are new to dayz.  I am sure you will learn the proper ways to be friendly.  I have met plenty of friendly players, they are around.  You just don't notice them as much it seems.  

Here is the proof.  Me and some randoms I found teamed up.  We even shared loot.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232276357

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232276381 ico_external_link.gif

why is it so hard to believe i gave up my stuff its not the hardest thing in the world to get back an hour or 2 worth of running to airfields and no i dont server hop for some reason when i try to join a server a lot of the time gets stuck on "wait for host" so when i find a server i stick to it like glue. but the post was not to complain or to debate i dont care what other people think i was just sharing an experience im just using the forum.

yet another KoSer is born...

the line starts over there------->

ps its a LONG line...

/facepalm

The best rides at theme parks always have a long line.

you don't try to be a friendly player, you either are or you aren't.

even if you get killed a lot.

dude, chillax, they probably saw a bee on your back and overreacted or something. No need to go around killing people for no reason because of a silly bee, silly. Be one with the bro, and the bro will be one with you. no homo

Trust nobody and unless a fresh spawn kill on sight.

Welcome..

William+Scott+Marines+Protect+Vital+Kaja