crazyandlazy

Yesterday I shot at a guy who happens to be drinking at a pump that

was near me.

He yelled "What the hell dude. Why are you shooting?"

which urged me to not rest until he is dead.

Anyone else feels that way? Like when I hear the magical word of "I'm friendly" but I do not like the tone of his voice or how he moves around, I want to off the dude that said it.

I would be very suspicious of players calling out "I'm friendly". It seems to be universal speech for "I'm either a bandit or a douche who doesn't know how to start a conversation" (either way they are begging for bullets). However your example did not contain any of those signs, in fact his response while being shot sounds rather straightforward.

hahahahahahaha. Not harping on bandits at all buuuuuuuuuuut you are a coward.

You misread. I was calling regular, non-bandit kos'ers cowards, not bandits.

Their reasoning being "I've been killed a lot so I'm just gonna kill whoever I see."

Not everyone with a gun wants to use it to kill other people.

Edited by Geckofrog7

I would be very suspicious of players calling out "I'm friendly". It seems to be universal speech for "I'm either a bandit or a douche who doesn't know how to start a conversation" (either way they are begging for bullets). However your example did not contain any of those signs, in fact his response while being shot sounds rather straightforward.

thats why one of my biggest things i like to say is

"Hey dude, if i was gonna kill yah.. you would be dead because i can see you and you havent seen me... let me help yah out..."

you would be surprised how many people actually respond better to that then "Im friendly"

you are telling them... you can see them... you are also telling them that if you were gonna shoot them... you have the perfect chance and didnt do it.... 

people generally realize this and will interact ...... (Just watch out for snipers that arent affiliated with you or him) lol

Also people have to realize... bambi bait... its a tactic.. people use it

That guy at the water pump... could of had a full loot friend waiting around the corner... ive had that happen to me

as a freshy i walk up to another and say hi.. he says.. hold up hold up i have something

so i stop and wait.... he says..... enjoy your respawn.. and i get shot from a mosin 300 yards away (it sounded that way)

You misread. I was calling regular, non-bandit kos'ers cowards, not bandits.

Their reasoning being "I've been killed a lot so I'm just gonna kill whoever I see."

Not everyone with a gun wants to use it to kill other people.

lol KoS is one shade of being a bandit. Bandit has different shades. Plus there is more than one reason why people KoS :rolleyes:  but you wouldn't know because you only see black and white?

thats why one of my biggest things i like to say is

"Hey dude, if i was gonna kill yah.. you would be dead because i can see you and you havent seen me... let me help yah out..."

you would be surprised how many people actually respond better to that then "Im friendly"

you are telling them... you can see them... you are also telling them that if you were gonna shoot them... you have the perfect chance and didnt do it.... 

people generally realize this and will interact ...... (Just watch out for snipers that arent affiliated with you or him) lol

Also people have to realize... bambi bait... its a tactic.. people use it

That guy at the water pump... could of had a full loot friend waiting around the corner... ive had that happen to me

as a freshy i walk up to another and say hi.. he says.. hold up hold up i have something

so i stop and wait.... he says..... enjoy your respawn.. and i get shot from a mosin 300 yards away (it sounded that way)

The guy I shot wasn't alone. He had a friend but it was a new spawn.

Reading your story, I remember one time where I used the life of a new spawn to take out an enemy. There were two geared guys. I took out one but one ran and hid. A newspawn oblivious came and I said you could take the loot over there. He went to check. Got killed by the other geared guy. I found the geared guy and killed him. Two geared guys, one new spawn dead. Fun!

• Like 1

You need fucking help. I am not even a psychologist, and you need some serious medical help.

Actually, I've almost finished my psychology course. (Of course, that doesn't by any means make me a professional.  ;))

People who try to justify violence tend to become more violent themselves.

While video games don't have near the effect of people that tv does, you can still see some thought processes from it.

It is shown that when violence is justified, I.E. "It's okay, I killed a bad guy", it sub-consciously makes people feel better about future violence they commit.

While OP doesn't by any means need medical help, (Perfectly mentally healthy people are rare to impossible.) the thought processes are, on a very, very tiny scale, the thought processes of a murderer. (Don't worry, OP, that doesn't mean anything is wrong with you, it's quite common, you aren't gonna become an axe murderer.  :P) 

Anyway, just an interesting thing to look into. DayZ can actually tell you a lot about the human mind.

Don't be surprised because I read someone on here said people who KoS lack social interactions in real life and that is why they KoS. I was like who the heck comes up with this kind of logic. lol.

oh i know, i find it hilarious that people think this way.... its like the new term.... anytime you dont agree with someone .. revert to "You need mental help" ... funny thing is... i was evaluated.. once in bootcamp.. once leaving... nothing wrong in my noggin at all.... best part is half of these people saying this are probably ADHD diagnosed and taking Adderall... or some other amphetamine.... because THATS NOT MENTAL HELP AT ALL.. because ALL MY FRIENDS TAKE IT TOO!!! ...

I wonder if these people think samuel jackson says Mother fucker 3 times in ever sentence

Or that Bruce willis really did kill a bunch of badguys on christmas

they also probably think star wars was "Based on a true story"

seriously.. what is wrong with half of these people.... If you are attempting to state someone has "Problems" over the internet... let alone a game forum.............. well i have bad news for you..... and yes... it deals with your brain... and being schizo   

• Like 1

lol KoS is one shade of being a bandit. Bandit has different shades. Plus there is more than one reason why people KoS :rolleyes:  but you wouldn't know because you only see black and white?

The guy I shot wasn't alone. He had a friend but it was a new spawn.

Reading your story, I remember one time where I used the life of a new spawn to take out an enemy. There were two geared guys. I took out one but one ran and hid. A newspawn oblivious came and I said you could take the loot over there. He went to check. Got killed by the other geared guy. I found the geared guy and killed him. Two geared guys, one new spawn dead. Fun!

haha that happened to me once .... no one said anything but ... i ended up in the middle of 2 big ass teams fighting each other.. porbably like an 8 on 8 of some sorts

a guy comes around the corner and says... "Im sorry dude... your just in the wrong place at the wrong time.." ::Blam:: im dead

and i understood it.... when your in a firefight THAT big... after a couple of people go down.. they maycome back and attempt to loot a gun and keep the fight going... i COULD of been one of those people for all he knew.. and even if i wasnt.. i might just come behind one of his guys and punch him to take weapons.... distracting them too.. 

either way.. i was totally in the way... totally should of ditched town when 100's of shots are ringing out... but instead i got curious... and exactly what i expected to happen.. happened...

i dont run to gunfights without a gun anymore..LESSON LEARNED!

oh i know, i find it hilarious that people think this way.... its like the new term.... anytime you dont agree with someone .. revert to "You need mental help" ... funny thing is... i was evaluated.. once in bootcamp.. once leaving... nothing wrong in my noggin at all.... best part is half of these people saying this are probably ADHD diagnosed and taking Adderall... or some other amphetamine.... because THATS NOT MENTAL HELP AT ALL.. because ALL MY FRIENDS TAKE IT TOO!!! ...

I wonder if these people think samuel jackson says Mother fucker 3 times in ever sentence

Or that Bruce willis really did kill a bunch of badguys on christmas

they also probably think star wars was "Based on a true story"

seriously.. what is wrong with half of these people.... If you are attempting to state someone has "Problems" over the internet... let alone a game forum.............. well i have bad news for you..... and yes... it deals with your brain... and being schizo   

This is quite hilarious in several ways.

1. You're doing the exact same thing they're doing, Assumptions.

2. You offended several people based on your lack of knowldge of Neuro-phsychological disorders.

3. You're a hypocrite.

Edited by Sarahbram
  • Like 1

Actually, I've almost finished my psychology course. (Of course, that doesn't by any means make me a professional.  ;))

People who try to justify violence tend to become more violent themselves.

While video games don't have near the effect of people that tv does, you can still see some thought processes from it.

It is shown that when violence is justified, I.E. "It's okay, I killed a bad guy", it sub-consciously makes people feel better about future violence they commit.

While OP doesn't by any means need medical help, (Perfectly mentally healthy people are rare to impossible.) the thought processes are, on a very, very tiny scale, the thought processes of a murderer. (Don't worry, OP, that doesn't mean anything is wrong with you, it's quite common, you aren't gonna become an axe murderer.  :P) 

Anyway, just an interesting thing to look into. DayZ can actually tell you a lot about the human mind.

he was actually telling me that.... not the OP

and it was because i do things such as.... give things to people who dont ask... shoot those who do...

Let a freshie hang around me... shoot another freshie because i thought he was "Enslaving baseball bats"

i roleplay a psycho.... he thinks that means im a psycho IRL .. thats the part i dont get...

its fucking called acting and he doesnt get it...... 

take more psych courses and you will soon find out that TV and Games have little to NO effect on that type of behavior.. in the early courses it makes you come to the conclusion that it does....

More advanced courses peel away how people act and on a case by case basis.. you realize it has little to almost no effect...

Most people who are ready to scream on the internet.. wont even speak up IRL ...

Most people who are the meanest SOB in a game.... are a puppy IRL ... 

its just how it works... you can be a diff person on the net..... 

if you dont belive me... watch the movie "You've got mail" about online dating....

the couple couldnt talk to each other unless they were behind a screen.. when they met face to face they realized this and couldnt talk to each other.... then they said "i have an idea..." they turn back to back... pull out laptops.. and talk to each other... within minutes they turn to each other... start talking... and get busy ... it broke the "Ice" 

The internet has caused many oddities in the terms of social behavior....

"The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"

I trying every option possible... expecting the same result... therefore im not insane....... im mad

2. You offended several people based on your lack of knowldge of Neuro-phsychological disorders.

3. You're a hypocrite.

1 i know this, you dont need to point it out ... and on top of that.... my assumptions are based on the fact that they.... assume someone roleplaying.. really acts like that.. therefore they must think every actor in a movie... acts like the character they play..... their assumptions arent based in ... water... mines based in.. spit... a lil thicker then water.... 

2. This is the internet.. i dont care... and no im not lacking knowledge... im just utilizing the same amount they have..

3. I know.. that was the point.. glad you caught on.. was it hard to figure that out? do you want a cookie

I bet you thought you did a good job when you found the "Hidden" easter egg in the middle of the living room as a kid right? only problem was... no one told you later on how it was setup SO you would find it... oh well

everyone applaud this man for his excellent detective work, he obviously figured out the obvious...

here is your cookie.. go away

by the way... you had to edit a 33 word post on a video game forum

OCD much? 

EDIT::    Here are some beans... .... for being such a good detective!!.... you Sherlock Holmes you.... 

Edited by Vertoxis

A couple of military psychiatrists used to be my neighbors. Nice couple. Had 3 horses that they left outside in a tiny pen, no shelter, rarely any unfrozen water. One would bite the others out of boredom, so the husband would beat it with a bull whip. One of em finally died before they moved out, got too cold, even though we offered the guy horse blankets, heated water barrels, even offered to build a little barn for the poor things.

Nope. Too stubborn and told us to keep our nose out of his business. (Not that we could. Watching the wife completely drunk, walking across horse shit in the backyard in high heels was too damn funny  :lol:  ) In closing, there's a difference between psychologist and psychiatrist. Psychologists actually help you solve your deep rooted problems. It seems that psychiatrists pop people full of pills at the slightest notion of "I feel sad.", and usually develop problems themselves because they hear so much doom and gloom and don't know how to deal with it. I'm probably being biased and made some psychiatrist upset.  :D

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

3. You're a hypocrite.

Oh and for the record.... if you ... .couldnt figure it out from the last post

it goes like this

Yes im doing the exact same thing they are doing... if a fire is burning your house down.... im the type of person who adds more fire... no house.. no more fire (and yes im saying the most ridiculous things i can right now... just wanna make sure you dont "Think" your some super sleuth here)

Who would i be offending here? you?!? are you actually a shizo? ... You seem to have a real bad case of white-knight syndrome... 

I FUCKING KNOW IM OFFENDING PEOPLE THAT WAS THE POINT DUMBASS

and finally!!!!!!!! 

OF COURSE IM BEING A HYPOCRITE .. THATS THE WHOLE ENTIRE DAMN POINT.. if someone is going to say what you just said... THEN IT APPLIES TO EVERYTHING THEY SAID

fuck man.... the stupid is strong with this one... lol.... 

Just because one decides to use proper punctiation.. grammar and spelling on a fucking video game forum (last time i checked this place isnt getting you a job... nor does random person such as  ::Name = George.. location= moms basement:: give a fuck about it)

Your

You're

Their

There

They're 

Commas, ellipses(i use these A LOT)

im sorry.. none of the above gives you any clout over someone else on the internet... 

take more psych courses and you will soon find out that TV and Games have little to NO effect on that type of behavior.. in the early courses it makes you come to the conclusion that it does....

More advanced courses peel away how people act and on a case by case basis.. you realize it has little to almost no effect...

Yes video games have almost no effect, it's more of a way to just view thought processes. TV can have a slight effect on pretty much anyone if they watch far too much, and depending on what they watch. The cases where some teenager goes out and shoots people and afterwards says "I didn't know what I was doing, Halo made me think they would respawn." is total bs. That teenager knew exactly what he was doing. While violent video games can affect those who are already mentally unstable, far more obscure things push people over the edge far more often than games.

A couple of military psychiatrists used to be my neighbors. Nice couple. Had 3 horses that they left outside in a tiny pen, no shelter, rarely any unfrozen water. One would bite the others out of boredom, so the husband would beat it with a bull whip. One of em finally died before they moved out, got too cold, even though we offered the guy horse blankets, heated water barrels, even offered to build a little barn for the poor things.

Nope. Too stubborn and told us to keep our nose out of his business. (Not that we could. Watching the wife completely drunk, walking across horse shit in the backyard in high heels was too damn funny  :lol:  ) In closing, there's a difference between psychologist and psychiatrist. Psychologists actually help you solve your deep rooted problems. Psychiatrists pop people full of pills at the slightest notion of "I feel sad.", and usually develop problems themselves because they hear so much doom and gloom and don't know how to deal with it. I'm probably being biased and made some psychiatrist upset.  :D

Yes yes and more yes

by the way.. the image of "Piles of horse shit and high heels" in my head was fucking amazingly hilarious... hahahhaha that had to be so damn funny to watch

sucks for the horses.. really does.... :-( i seem to like animals a lot more then i do people... but im no PETA pounder

Yeah a lot of people seem not to understand the difference

I have seen 2 psychologists as stated.. and well nothing is wrong with me (To my surprise lolol) ... im just a tad on the angry side when it comes to shit i shudnt get angry at.... like traffic..  or spilling my drink

lol but id think most do....

i think its hilarious upon describing that i roleplay a madman in dayz..... led them to saying... im insane IRL

Nope. Too stubborn and told us to keep our nose out of his business. (Not that we could. Watching the wife completely drunk, walking across horse shit in the backyard in high heels was too damn funny  :lol:  ) In closing, there's a difference between psychologist and psychiatrist. Psychologists actually help you solve your deep rooted problems. It seems that psychiatrists pop people full of pills at the slightest notion of "I feel sad.", and usually develop problems themselves because they hear so much doom and gloom and don't know how to deal with it. I'm probably being biased and made some psychiatrist upset.  :D

You live on a farm? I've always wanted to live on a farm. I envy you.

LOL. I don't know what is giving me more entertainment value today- you people crying so much over KoS, or the fact you take everything said on the internet to heart.

You got baited, hard. And you took it all. 

Now, lets see if you have the balls to play in my server and exact some revenge on the big bad meany KoSers.

Cute.

Oh and for the record.... if you ... .couldnt figure it out from the last post

it goes like this

Yes im doing the exact same thing they are doing... if a fire is burning your house down.... im the type of person who adds more fire... no house.. no more fire (and yes im saying the most ridiculous things i can right now... just wanna make sure you dont "Think" your some super sleuth here)

Who would i be offending here? you?!? are you actually a shizo? ... You seem to have a real bad case of white-knight syndrome... 

I FUCKING KNOW IM OFFENDING PEOPLE THAT WAS THE POINT DUMBASS

and finally!!!!!!!! 

OF COURSE IM BEING A HYPOCRITE .. THATS THE WHOLE ENTIRE DAMN POINT.. if someone is going to say what you just said... THEN IT APPLIES TO EVERYTHING THEY SAID

fuck man.... the stupid is strong with this one... lol.... 

Just because one decides to use proper punctiation.. grammar and spelling on a fucking video game forum (last time i checked this place isnt getting you a job... nor does random person such as  ::Name = George.. location= moms basement:: give a fuck about it)

Your

You're

Their

There

They're 

Commas, ellipses(i use these A LOT)

im sorry.. none of the above gives you any clout over someone else on the internet... 

Sorry, but could you atleast write properly instead of jumbling all around with the text, i don't feel like scrolling to see a wall of text take up my entire screen when it could be taking up about 10% of it.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Cute.

lol i agree.. that was kinda "Cute"

i dont understand him going all "IM HARD MUTHA FUCKAS" either...... 

as it goes with what i tell people on the side of "Good guy" taking it to serious

..... playing an a full KoS doesnt = being hardcore or having balls... just means you like a certain playstyle...

I get bad vibes from certain people's body movement/tone of voice, but I never shoot anyone who isn't in a position to be any threat to me. So no, bad call. That was pretty harsh.

He may have been slurping a lot while he was drinking. That would force me to kill him, too. We need more facts!

• Like 1

I think I wouldn't even do that... Why not sneak up on him and scare him? Best way to see if someone is friendly. If they equip something, shoot them. If they run away or just look at you, probably 'friendly'.

Edited by EvilTigerAce

I think I wouldn't even do that... Why not sneak up on him and scare him? Best way to see if someone is friendly. If they equip something, shoot them. If they run away or just look at you, probably 'friendly'.

I don't want to be friendly. I want to hunt game. I enjoy the fall animation.

• Like 1

Sorry, but could you atleast write properly instead of jumbling all around with the text, i don't feel like scrolling to see a wall of text take up my entire screen when it could be taking up about 10% of it.

Cheers.

And thank you for proving my point

Deal with it or GTFO 

actually... just GTFO 

oh and you forgot a space between at and least .. its "At least" ... not "Atleast"  you also forgot to capitalize I

also you don't use a comma in that sentence, there should be a period as that statement can stand alone... which is why a comma is not needed 

but you  knew all the right? ... RIGHT!?!?!?! ... riiiiiiiiiight.......

could you at least attempting to put spaces between words.. capitalize the correct ones and not use a comma when a period is what should be used. I don't like having to decipher what you perceive as correct grammar... to figure out what you are trying to say

(just kidding i totally understood everything you say.... but your grammar police attitude is really.. really sad.... i wonder how far grammar would get someone in a real apocalypse) 

have a nice day! 

ps

Stop being poor and buy a bigger monitor so you dont have to scroll to see the equivalent of 1/3 of my screen.... because if you needed to scroll through that.... then you must be on a 17 inch piece of shit or something..... and if thats the case... i feel bad and will no longer continue to shit on you 

Edited by Vertoxis

He may have been slurping a lot while he was drinking. That would force me to kill him, too. We need more facts!

best post on this topic so far..... now we have a reason for what the OP did

you sir are the hero of this thread

HAVE MY BEANS!!!!!!!!

and when his hidden geared up friend caps you during your sneak.... you will soon learn it would of been a better idea to walk away or shoot him.... and walk away

or none of the above could happen

or all of it

such is the game we call... DayZ