rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

According to the DayZ wiki, it actually is a 7.62 X 54, though in game it is X 59. I wonder if it's a bug?

Isn't it using a 7,62 x 51 NATO round in game? I mean, it's wrong nonetheless, but more practical for the beginning (so they can easily implement other high-power catridge firing rifles w/o having to worry about ammo).

I guess they're going to fix this, as it should be a fairly easy task.

Edited by EpeeNoire

Isn't it using a 7,62 x 51 NATO round in game? I mean, it's wrong nonetheless, but more practical for the beginning (so they can easily implement other high-power catridge firing rifles w/o having to worry about ammo).

I guess they're going to fix this, as it should be a fairly easy task.

NATO weaponry like the M4 uses 5.56 rounds in-game. But yeah, they need to fix the cartridge name! :P

any news on when the stable ver. will go live?

There is no way of ever knowing, even when they set a date they fail to make the deadline

• Like 1

any news on when the stable ver. will go live?

they say Wednesday but judging from the current EXP it will probably be postponed.

• Like 1

NATO weaponry like the M4 uses 5.56 rounds in-game. But yeah, they need to fix the cartridge name! :P

Edit: Changed my response as I perceived the above comment as a response to the individual telling him he was wrong... but it could be read another way...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C3%9751mm_NATO

There are actually LOADS of NATO designated rounds. Just FYI, the reason they're called Nato Standard is because a host of nations that joined Nato wanted to have universal rounds to use with each others weaponry.

Actually way more information than I care to know is in this document here:

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2008Intl/Arvidsson.pdf

Edited by sniperdoc

they say Wednesday but judging from the current EXP it will probably be postponed.

Im pretty sure .42 will go stable this week. Maybe not wednesday but latest firday!

Edit: Changed my response as I perceived the above comment as a response to the individual telling him he was wrong... but it could be read another way...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C3%9751mm_NATO

There are actually LOADS of NATO designated rounds. Just FYI, the reason they're called Nato Standard is because a host of nations that joined Nato wanted to have universal rounds to use with each others weaponry.

Actually way more information than I care to know is in this document here:

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2008Intl/Arvidsson.pdf

Yes, but the only NATO rounds that can be found in game are the 5.56. :P

Im pretty sure .42 will go stable this week. Maybe not wednesday but latest firday!

952d14bf2926d764897fd6c40581ba67.500x281

• Like 1

Yeah, sure.

VHFVT.gif

Edited by crazzekiff
  • Like 2

Nice work devs! im jumping on experimental after work fo-shizzle! :beans:  :beans:

Yeah, be nice to hear something on the upcoming stable. Feels like it's been quiet a few weeks now.

You must be new around here. Your at least a month off on that estimate.

Yeah, be nice to hear something on the upcoming stable. Feels like it's been quiet a few weeks now.

We're into months now since the last update. Would be nice to hear anything at all to be honest maybe they are so embarrassed about .42 that they have gone into hiding.

• Like 1

Here's already a sneak preview of the stable:

filepicker%2F7zHLaHr8TlWV5CsOuc1h_AMI-Ho

• Like 4

Here's already a sneak preview of the stable:

filepicker%2F7zHLaHr8TlWV5CsOuc1h_AMI-Ho

Finally they implemented horses and increased dem graphics!

GOOD JOB DEVS FANTASTIC UPDATE I LOVE THE NEW HATS YOU DO SUCH GREAT WORK I LOVE YOU AND YOUR GAME KEEP UP THAT GOOD WORK!!

#fanboystyle

• Like 7

Yeah, there might be a backlash because of the hype being over once the game is finished. It's a fine line when you're creating video games when it comes to creating hype. You'll want just enough hype, at just the right time, so that it reaches it's climax about the time of the release. If you hype too much people will be disappointed, if you hype too little you will get less attention to attract funding. If you hype too early interest will die down in time for release, lowering your sales numbers. If you hype too late, well.. same problem really.

I see you edited your post.. :/

Edited by Strawman

I doubt we'll see something new before the end of the week (excluding the implementation of this patch on stable tomorrow, hopefully but not for sure).

• Like 1

FYI this game will never be finished, they are struggling to push to stable even once a month. It will have way past its sell by date before it even comes close. I love how people are excited for stuff like underground labs/creating their own infection, in what world do these people live in? and don't even entertain the possiblilty of a console port.

• Like 1