Hetstaine

Rocket standing down from Dayz by end of year

State of decay, Nether, 7 days to die, Infestation, rust, dayz, Betrayer... Pretty much all early acess games development rate slows down to a crawl after they are put up for sale

gary commented other day about him earning a higher percentage through garys mod than rust hmmm will that mean he focuses on garys mod more.

rust has literally no updates. infact half of these survival games are nothing but a map and a couple of objects.

Just because I used sarcasm it doesn't make the post any less valid btw. And please don't try to do this "elitist" attitude bs... I'd expect better from a mature individual. "May choose to answer"... pfff. You asked... I answered.

Point being, you wouldn't have to deal with any of this if the words during the interview were better chosen. In this case, it was just bad. Period. Any point of arguing against is just silly.

Hello there

My apologies if I came over as arrogant, I can do that.

I meant, I had left off our chat as you came back with a pure sarcastic reply (before you edited) and I wasnt going to bother wasting my time in replying to it.

When you edited it you made a better reply of it and I was thinking about debating this with you but didnt think there was much of a point as we have such differing opinions.

You seem to be shocked that Im not phased by this mega thread and a few more we've had to deal with today and somehow that makes me, in your eyes, unprofessional. The truth is I'm not worried about Dean's "quote" or the interest it has generated.

When I first herd the rumour, I did wonder why we didnt get advance warning but this is not what folk are making out and a quick glance around reassured me, so im not worried at all.

We've had things like this before, "cangate" for example. It'll blow over.

From a forum moderating POV its had no real difference to my day other than positive results.

From an IT point of view, imagine a slip up by a user caused some slight inconvenience but in fixing that it uncovered the solutions to some other niggling long term bugs then there's a kind of analogy.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 2

BI makes a game that is the antithesis of COD and BF, why the hell would you be worried that they will turn their zombie survival game into one?

Honestly, you guys need to take a step back and put down the pitchforks.  This isn't that big of a deal.  BI isn't suddenly going to morph into some other type of company just because an amateur from New Zealand, whose actual tangible involvement is suspect, is heading home at the start of beta testing.  Beta is for final shake down, not substantive improvement.  And the beta for Dayz will be pretty short I bet since we are going to see a huge amount of beta type testing towards the end of alpha.  

First off im not  trying to come down on dean he is a big boy and can do whatever he wants to. As i said before i hope they don't turn it into cod or BF, what i mean is by adding so many military guns to the game, and just making it pvp death match and not about surviving. 

Name 2 games in which this has happened.

The Doom that Came to Atlantic City.

WarZ. for all intents and purposes, it still isn't a finished game despite going "gold" in December 2012. I'm still waiting for what I was promised when I preordered :p server sizes, features, map size, are all still below what was advertised and implied as being complete. Stronghold servers still aren't what they were said to be... And so on and so forth. We all know the tale.

I could likely find more, if I had to.

Hello there

My apologies if I came over as arrogant, I can do that.

I meant, I had left off our chat as you came back with a pure sarcastic reply (before you edited) and I wasnt going to bother wasting my time in replying to it.

When you edited it you made a better reply of it and I was thinking about debating this with you but didnt think there was much of a point as we have such differing opinions.

You seem to be shocked that Im not phased by this mega thread and a few more we've had to deal with today and somehow that makes me, in your eyes, unprofessional. The truth is I'm not worried about Dean's "quote" or the interest it has generated.

When I first herd the rumour, I did wonder why we didnt get advance warning but this is not what folk are making out and a quick glance around reassured me, so im not worried at all.

We've had things like this before, "cangate" for example. It'll blow over.

From a forum moderating POV its had no real difference to my day other than positive results.

From an IT point of view, imagine a slip up by a user caused some slight inconvenience but in fixing that it uncovered the solutions to some other niggling long term bugs then there's a kind of analogy.

Rdgs

LoK

Gotcha... I figured something like this was a big inconvenience... but if it's not that big a deal, then I guess it's no big deal. =D

• Like 1

First off im not  trying to come down on dean he is a big boy and can do whatever he wants to. As i said before i hope they don't turn it into cod or BF, what i mean is by adding so many military guns to the game, and just making it pvp death match and not about surviving. 

That makes more sense, but what I was saying was why would BI, which thrives on not being COD, take the potentially bigger franchise of DayZ and do what they have never done before by attempting to make it a mass market shooter?

The MOD had gobs of military weapons and is about 75% PVP.  If the SA looks like it does, has fewer military weapons, and focuses on survival AND PVP, then it will be a great game.  

• Like 1

Also, this forum post reminded me of 28 dayz later.

The new movie that will shock us all.

"28 Pages Later"

It's funny to see the reactions here. So you payed $30 to get a unfinished game, which the lead designer told you not to buy at the current state. Some people think they own his life because they spend some money on his game. This man has feelings, desires, dreams, etc. like everyone of us. He seems to be unhappy with the fact that he's far away from home.. Some might cope with that but you have to accept when some can't cope with it. If you are so obsessed with this game then you should go see a doctor and let your mental health get checked out. This is not the end of DayZ! It might as well be the best thing for it. Time will tell but some trolls just don't know what patience is.

Edited by Igglas Cage
  • Like 3

Directly challenges moderator on the basis of maturity and age, while acting like an immature douche.

This guy is filled with win.

In an attempt to stop all ironic douchebag finger pointing loops, I hereby publicly declare myself the Uber Douche!

So from now on, when anyone feels the need to call someone a douche, just stop and remember that it's actually me that's the douche, not him.

Peace, brothas.

• Like 1

In an attempt to stop all ironic douchebag finger pointing loops, I hereby publicly declare myself the Uber Douche!

So from now on, when anyone feels the need to call someone a douche, just stop and remember that it's actually me that's the douche, not him.

Peace, brothas.

meta-douche?

Let's not forget that DayZ mod was also "abandoned" after not ever year...and it flourished in the hands of community.

By the end of the year, we will hopefully have beta version, which should be much better in terms of content and performance.

Im trying to say its not all doom and gloom.

It flourished in quantity, definitely NOT quality. It fractured the community and basically gave the game 3 million identities that most people would play for a week or two and then get bored of. You don't give an incomplete product out for everyone to butcher. Wait until it's done at the very least so there's a set identity people can compare it to.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

He's gonna have a lot of angry nerds not buying anything he's involved into if DayZ doesnt end well.

Edited by BrainlessZombie
  • Like 1

He's gonna have a lot of angry nerds not buying anything he's involved into if DayZ doesnt end well.

thats where my nerd rage comes in.

the possibility that someone would f*** the game up seriously and as a consultant instead of project lead the game is worse off.

Yikes, I can't believe that I just read 30 pages of this post!

Anyways, I think that there's something very wrong at BI with regards to DayZ SA and Dean wants out. I do not believe his "I miss home" statement, because he CAN go home and continue development remotely with a cell phone and a laptop...from Everest if he wants. He said it himself: "I don't speack Czech," so obviously he's not interfacing directly with the local programmers, just offering direction.

He is not helping BI along either by giving notice 10 months in advance. Now all potential players will know that the driving force behind the concept is over it for some reason. I believe that's because of the snail-pace of SA development. the Arma III engine was compatible enough with Arma II to go from Alpha in 3/13, to Beta in 6/13, to launch in 9/13. That's just 6 months from alpha to release! Dayz SA has been out for 10 weeks and light still shines through walls, zombies clip through them, and it STILL rains indoors! At this rate, we'll never see even a portion of the Mod's current features make it into the SA, and Dean knows it, so he's getting out while the getting is good.

I whish him well with his new studio and projects, and I wish I had bought the mod instead.

Edited by B0lt3r

omg

Actually thats 8 of them.

did not see the small pikachus at alll1!!!

I know :) Same with your posts, you post on half facts, too ;)

aww why you hatin on me mannnnggggg