Sign in to follow this  
koNtenT

I'm a KoS Bandit @ Loot Loggers

Some of you may have had the pleasure of my acquaintance, as well as being on the receiving end of it. 

I am a KoS Bandit, and business is booming. I join fresh servers not for the loot, but rather the people trying to be the 1st people to attain that loot. A nice easy trap for the unsuspecting survivor. I take advantage of people who casually ruin other servers to "gear up" and then leave to sin again in another server. Most of the time, I don't even need anything from the victims and capitalize on their misfortune. I kill, then watch them leave on the player list. Still boggles my mind on the amount of people that will attempt to combat log midst flying mosin shots. Not only does this bring a certain amount of self accomplishment for killing a person committing a "frowned upon" action, but I also get pretty well geared in less than half the time it took to loot hop myself. Life was good. 

After about a week of this, sitting on my dual monitor watching a show while keeping a brief eye on DayZ for any people to randomly run into the firehouse / school / office building / well, I decided to start a new way. I've been through my share (and probably a couple other people's shares as well) of grievances, trolls, hacks, and general inconveniences the game / community has too offer. With all this experience I was wondering how is DayZ even appealing to me anymore? The answer was, interaction between people as well as self gratifying reactions to events. My interaction being my bullet with their head, and them running back as fresh spawns to give me a nice talk. 

To all the people who was legitimately joining that server again after the restart to continue their adventure, I am sorry. Only case where I actually feel like a douche.

To all the people who I've killed loot hopping (about 98% of the people I've killed), enjoy wasting your time to get fully geared again. If you gave me the chance to do it again, I would without hesitation. I am doing what Dean hasn't been able to do against loot hoppers and will continue to do so until some kind of repercussion (or respawning loot patch) has been made. Thanks for helping me get fully geared ^.^

Edited by koNtenT
  • Like 2

\iwkoqt.gif

Edited by GrappleX
  • Like 4

lol I don't know how I feel about this post. 

On one hand, I feel like you're doing a public service shooting server hoppers. 

On the other, you're likely netting a lot of innocent victims (I doubt it's 98% hoppers. Doubt it highly)

• Like 5

Dear diary today I played DayZ let me tell you what happend.. 

• Like 2

Some people may be joining for the first time looking for a low pop server to get stuff done on. Or to get familiar with the map.  So not really sure how I feel about this.

• Like 2

I didn't quite know how to feel about it, so I just gave everybody some beans. 

But yeah, killing server hoppers is a honorable community service.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

And the thing is, I'm quite often forced into low pop servers simply because they're the only ones that appear in my list. 

I'll always take a high pop server if it's available, but when i've been sitting refreshing the server list for 10 minutes and I'm getting the same three servers with 4/5 people on them ever time... I'm just gonna take it. You couldn't consider that loot hopping, surely?

Reported this as a bug, which is definitely is because I know there are a lot more servers. Playing at the same time every night - some nights there's 50+ servers and others there's 1? I don't think so. :P

Edited by Nicko2580

As if you can distinguish between server hoppers and legitimate players just trying to survive. Another KOS douche with no rhyme or reason other than to troll whatever server you happen to log on to for the day.

• Like 1

As if you can distinguish between server hoppers and legitimate players just trying to survive. Another KOS douche with no rhyme or reason other than to troll whatever server you happen to log on to for the day.

Exactly, how is it anyone feels they can say that guy definitely did not just spawn in after logging out yesterday here. He MUST be server hopping! 

You're just making yourself feel better for embracing the murderer in you. Accept it for what it is. Stop making excuses.

• Like 2

Saw title

left thread.

Saw your name while in the forums as the last quote, and had to come see the aquatic land walrus for myself.. :P

167 hours and I have yet to take a life,slayed a lot of Zombies though ;)

I've had ample oppurtunity,and the weapons to accomplish it whether up close or death from afar...

Yet I have not

Server hopping ?

How would you know,unless they spawned right in the airfield or military room where you are standing

I have had this happen,looting a barraks once I opened all the doors and then started looting from the back room forward towards the door

and WOW if this guy doesn't appear in one of the rooms....scared the hell out of me and I ran...and ran....and ran!

call be a scardy cat chicken but I survived to live another day...and without human blood on my hands

Although....I had been slayed many times in the shorefront comunity's by all kinds of sick,deranged bandits

especially after looting for considerable time to aquire a backpack,some food an axe,liquid to drink etc

usually about the time I thought I might be able to make it up North....along comes some sick Ba$Tards that kill me for my stuff!

I have now though a few times...especially since I now have a Pristine Mosin/scope/compensator and Bi-pod....

To sneak back down to the seashore.... and kill from afar....ever Motorcycle and clown mask wear S.O.B. I can lay my crosshairs on :)

But then instead,I carry on...and try to just live another day....and without having blood on my hands ;)

I am Friendly....but armed... and will shoot to kill in defence :)

I am not sure what expresion did you wanna got poting it. Fear for server hoppers, just bandit (nothing new) or overestimating own skills which is characteristic of a certain group of people.

Exactly, how is it anyone feels they can say that guy definitely did not just spawn in after logging out yesterday here. He MUST be server hopping! 

You're just making yourself feel better for embracing the murderer in you. Accept it for what it is. Stop making excuses.

I keep the P menu open while I lay in my nest. I define a hopper as someone who logs in and is inside balota barracks within 30 seconds. You soon see who the none hoppers are and can focus on watching for that new player.....close menu when they join and go to scope....low and behold few seconds later full tacti cool guy runs into the barracks lol :)

PS Im sure some innocents do get caught up in the mix, but for the most part that is the MO of a hopper so il continue to shoot them aswell. ;)

Cool Story bro...

When I shot people I also tell myself they are bandits, server hoppers etc.

Helps me get over killing innocent people...