zerox024

Crash to destkop, game minimizes

I HAVE FOUND A FIX. I have had the same problem cause I screwed up the video setting in the menu and since then it would crash just like this. I launched my game in windows mode and it actually loaded. Then I went to the menu and fixed my user interface settings that I screwed up in the first place. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qk7YMOBvXE This video will show you how to launch it in windows mode. I hope this helped you guys.

Still does not fix the issue. It's a problem only Devs can fix but its probably going to be ignored for a long time.... Flushing every 15 minutes is not acceptable

• Like 1

Hi everyone

The game is crashing more and more again, cant have more than a 15 minutes session now and also i cant use the "flush" command, the game just remains in the please wait a moment screen and i have to shut it down through task manager, is it just me??( i have the latest non-beta drivers)

Hello mates!!!!

i hope the good news reach you aswell, so far, half a second hangups(which usually indicated iminent crash) but no crash!!! Yay lol

anyone out there??

So you think they fixed it? Not for me :-( I just had this bug 10 min. ago. I get the feeling, that it happens more frequently with every patch they release. Sadly even the flush command doesn't seem to work for me any more.

Damn it

Thought it was fixed, just had luck i suppose, im at work now and cannot test but later ill try to get on

And can confirm, flush command does not work anymore

( im gonna try to search for existing tickets and vote if i cannot find, ill create a new one)

So here i`m back again on forum, i wasnt playing days more than 6 months, because of this problem, started yesterday, 
played like 1 hour, i was so happy there was no more crashing.. started today played around 30 minutes, and hOOPS there is it Yay...
still no fixes, great news.

So here i`m back again on forum, i wasnt playing days more than 6 months, because of this problem, started yesterday, 

played like 1 hour, i was so happy there was no more crashing.. started today played around 30 minutes, and hOOPS there is it Yay...

still no fixes, great news.

lool, don't sweat man, Devs already said they know of this problem and are already looking for a fix for it!!

expect some news on next build

lool, don't sweat man, Devs already said they know of this problem and are already looking for a fix for it!!

expect some news on next build

im just saying that they ignored this since december,but i guess its normal.. its alpha

Edited by zerox024

why is shift+-flush not working ? it doesnt want to reset the drivers anymore so when it goes down cant get it up back ?

im just saying that they ignored this since december,but i guess its normal.. its alpha

Yep, not much feedback on it, but i believe not because they do not want, but because i believe its going to be a headache or they would have adress it by now

why is shift+-flush not working ? it doesnt want to reset the drivers anymore so when it goes down cant get it up back ?

don't know man, the game just hangs on the please wait with black and white background

Yep, not much feedback on it, but i believe not because they do not want, but because i believe its going to be a headache or they would have adress it by now

don't know man, the game just hangs on the please wait with black and white background

same man, so now even flushing doesnt work... hah unbeliveable

well about the feedback, they should atleast say that they know about the  glitch, and it`s NOT going to be fixed few month`s atleast that, not to leave us hanging like this .. ;d

Edited by zerox024

same man, so now even flushing doesnt work... hah unbeliveable

well about the feedback, they should atleast say that they know about the  glitch, and it`s NOT going to be fixed few month`s atleast that, not to leave us hanging like this .. ;d

yep , some feedback on it would be great, but i believe one of the Devs answered in the tickets saying they are aware of it, and probably will be solved next patch! i wonder if this new engine architecture will solve the problem, as it seems to appear when creating/rendering textures, don't know man!!

on a side note, i have been playing on hardcore and not one crash so far, and been interacting with players and Chopin zombies, weird bug lol

One thing i have done is turn off the motion blur when turning around this has helped a lot, im not crashing anywhere near how much i was.
I hope this helps

Well, since the first time I played one week ago, i got the crash “DayZ.exe has stopped working” after several minutes playing (15-40min). I was on High graphics and then back to Low, but it still happens. I don’t know how to fix it, other games are running me on high graphics without problem.

It’s really annoying because when the crash appears, it seems my computer goes really slow and takes few minutes to go fast as normal. Thanks

Well, since the first time I played one week ago, i got the crash “DayZ.exe has stopped working” after several minutes playing (15-40min). I was on High graphics and then back to Low, but it still happens. I don’t know how to fix it, other games are running me on high graphics without problem.

It’s really annoying because when the crash appears, it seems my computer goes really slow and takes few minutes to go fast as normal. Thanks

Hey man

That crash does not appear to be the same, this one the game keeps running on the background except you cant get back to it

Yours seems to be the entire game, do you have a laptop?? Post specs

No laptop. Windows 7 running on a i5 2500K + 770 gtx. Playing battlefield 3+4 and other games superbly. Sorry to post here...

Edited by sotos

No laptop. Windows 7 running on a i5 2500K + 770 gtx. Playing battlefield 3+4 and other games superbly. Sorry to post here...

no problem man!!!

nice rig!! must be dayz related then, try disabling Vsync or something(i'm not an expert) pheraps messing around with vídeo memory aswell(make sure it is set to auto and if it is, set it to your Video Card Memory)

no problem man!!!

nice rig!! must be dayz related then, try disabling Vsync or something(i'm not an expert) pheraps messing around with vídeo memory aswell(make sure it is set to auto and if it is, set it to your Video Card Memory)

Thx a lot man. Already tried these steps.... I haven't tried some older nvidia drives though... Maybe I will do that...

So I ve tried everything suggested after reading all possible solutions related to this problem but nothing has changed... Another thing I have noticed is that while dayz is running the pc's physical memory is as high as 80% sometimes...

hello everyone!!

it seems(so far) i might have been able to fix it

boot up Windows in safe mode , go to device manager, uninstall driver from your GPU, plus all software aditional to it(for exemple, nvidia geforce experience etc...)

restart pc normally,  go again to device manager and search for drivers online(through device manager, not through your browser) let it do its thing

while in game disable anti alising completelly

so far no crash

Edited by Estevacio

Come on, so many people with this problem...did you guys quit??

I had no crash in 4 days of gameplay either 1pp or 3pp

I haven't had a crash to desk top in ages :)
though now i keep getting the disconnected bug :/

I haven't had a crash to desk top in ages :)

though now i keep getting the disconnected bug :/

well, good to hear that mate,apart from the disconected bug, but that will be fixed eventually

but right now, i just had another crash out of the blue after 4 days without one lool

damn this man

Dear Diary,lol

on a side note, the game does not crash as often as it used to do, altough, i have had no player interactions(i have been on all major city's, and can't find anyone lool server population is always from 10 to 20)i bring up the player interactions because some crashes would happen when near one, but the game does look much more stable after reinstalling the drivers and turning off anti alising!!

anyway , not permanent solution but much better!!