pilgrim*

1.5 million

One a half million players coming up this weekend, I wager.

Wow - should be some kind of party somewhere, I guess - 1.5 million in 3 months gooood  !!!

GRATZ people

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

1.5 Million, monkeys? Frogs? Humans? Giraffes? Hipos? Dinosaurs?

inb4 lock.

you need to rest brain after efforts of make title? :huh:

• Like 2

you need to rest brain after efforts of make title? :huh:

Where did I say I had a brain?

xx

• Like 4

How many bought it, didn't like it and stopped playing it though?

I mean 1.5 million is a big number but if its just people who've bought it, it says nothing about how many like it . 

EDIT: However I do wish to say grats to the devs on their success. To them its all money in the bank ;)

Edited by DoctorBadSign

Currently it's just 1,491,662 and hasn't reached 1.5

But soon.... it is undoubtely without a question a huge success for a game.

• Like 2

yes, dayz SA is win :)

imagine when is finish full release less bugs more optimize extra feature? :o

I make guess now dayz SA selling 4.5 millions + after full release ;)

• Like 1

Alpha and already better than most of the other titles out there :)

• Like 2

yea congrats to developers and especially dean hall on the work they are doing may the success continue

• Like 1

Currently it's just 1,491,662 and hasn't reached 1.5

But soon.... it is undoubtely without a question a huge success for a game.

Will reach 1.5 M at GMT 04:15 on Sunday 23 Feb 2014

I got this from a Mayan Calendar

ZOMBIES will come back

End of Real World will take place when Dayz SA reaches 4.5 M Jan 07 GMT 00:17 2015 as KoS predicts

xx

big numbers ! for sure i thought it may orginally top out at a million by end of this year before release but its looking like 2million is a reality now or even more.

thing is as said alot have jumped on the hype train to early and i bet a tenth of those who actually brought it are playing at moment.

thing is now they have all th mega cash i would like to see proper through development at a good speed. we hav had alot of patches lately but cars bases and good big game changing content should come soon now they have the manpower and money to do it.

BI will be basking in the success and so will be rocket but lets remember we paid for this so let get some real good content out .

would really like to hear especially on the main content and how thats progressing like vehicles and base building or fortification. those two will be the core content that many are waiting for.

i understand alot of work needs to be done but it isnt modders anymore this is big money and studio is fully behind it so this should be out soon.

3 months is more than enough to get the vehicles in. keep the players interested.

1.5 million..

Beans eaten (more like 1.5 billion)

Freshspawns slaughtered

Zawmbees promised but not given yet

Spammy threads like this.

c:

I like it.

Nice middle finger to the majority of publishers that think releasing dumbed down titles for the casual masses is the only way to make money off games.

1.5m sales. No marketing. Not bad at all.

Edited by Nocturnal
  • Like 1

If you look at the steam stats of currently playing, dayz has never passed more than 10k online at one time (that I have ever seen.) 

personally I know several people who have bought it, installed it and never played it. They are the type of people who think, OMG big title for cheap! and grab it solely because of the hype. then I know a bunch more who also bought it over the hype, but actually *did* play for a little while, til the bugs, or clunky mechanics, or some other "broken" facet of the game made them put it down...but they still have intent to play as alpha progresses, albeit not daily.

then there are some of us who have made this alpha our #1 game.

sales are great, from their accountants POV, but really arent an indicator of just how many actually play the game.

• Like 1

I like it.

Nice middle finger to the majority of publishers that think releasing dumbed down titles for the casual masses is the only way to make money off games.

1.5m sales. No marketing. Not bad at all.

They should also take note that alot of the player base is saying its still too dumbed down

If you look at the steam stats of currently playing, dayz has never passed more than 10k online at one time (that I have ever seen.) 

A bit more than that, there are 30k+ concurrent players on right now.  http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

But yep, plenty of players that haven't played at all, bought into the hype and don't like the game or are waiting for more development, that's to be expected though.

• Like 1