Sign in to follow this  
tainurn

Weapon flashlights not working

I have not been able to use a weapon flashlight successfully. I can mount one of the .45 and the M4, I've put batteries in them, and I've turned them on, there is still no light. The batteries have a charge, and I've used them in the regular flashlight and the headtorches. Is this a bug, does it have to do with item quality, or have they just never worked?

Is this on the stable or experimental branch? I haven't experienced that before.

Never used to be able to attache the w.light to the .45 before, must be new.  Never had an M4 with the right hand guard and a w.light at the same time so don't know if they worked before or not.

Is this on the stable or experimental branch? I haven't experienced that before.

Stable branch.

Sorry to ask : did you test during day time or night time ? 

Also that seem to work / not work randomly regardless of condition I had a worn pistol flash light that did not work, which I swapped for badly damaged one that did work., 

Sorry to ask : did you test during day time or night time ? 

Also that seem to work / not work randomly regardless of condition I had a worn pistol flash light that did not work, which I swapped for badly damaged one that did work., 

I tried them out at night. Didn't work. I made sure they had batteries in them, and I even licked the batteries to make sure there was a charge, and there was. The weapon flashlight nor the pistol flashlight worked. Seems like it's a bug, anyone know if it's been reported yet?

Edit: I just looked and saw no report for this, so I reported it.

Edited by tainurn

What condition was the flashlight in?  If it's ruined it wont work.  Also try taking the flashlight off and using it as just a handheld (I do that often when I find one).  If it works by itself then I would say definitely a bug report is in order.

What condition was the flashlight in?  If it's ruined it wont work.  Also try taking the flashlight off and using it as just a handheld (I do that often when I find one).  If it works by itself then I would say definitely a bug report is in order.

I haven't been able to find one in any condition other then damaged or badly damaged.

My Badly Damaged pistol flashlight does not work. While I think I used a ruined battery, the same did work in my normal flashlight attachment (pristine).

So the attachment is not really working from what I can tell, which is a shame. Anything not ruined should still work one way or another, as implied by patchnotes. But I just couldn't get it to work, I think even with a nice battery.

Like I said, I had a worn flash light with pristine battery which did not work, now I'm using badly damage or at least damaged and it works fine. Most attachments don't work at all, like suppressor or bipod. 

I haven't had this problem, my .45 flashlight works just fine.

Just wish I could turn it on and off without having to go to the inventory screen.

I've actually run into this issue within the last couple of days with a pristine pistol flashlight I found; I removed the battery from my head torch (which worked fine), put it in the pistol flashlight, then attached it to my 1911. However, when I right-click the pistol in my inventory, there's no option to turn on the light, only to detach it. After detaching it from the pistol, I have the option to turn it on and off, but no light is emitted at all. I removed the battery and placed it back into my head torch, which worked fine, so I don't think it's an issue with the battery, unless the pistol light takes more juice than the head torch. I've also tried various key on my keyboard, but nothing seemed to work, so I'm currently at a loss to explain it.