dusty_nuttles

Whats Being Done To Combat ESP Hacks?

Im positive nobody from the dev team will tell you what they are doing to prevent it tbh mate.
Would be counter productive.

Rest assure they have, since the beginning, been "locking loopholes" in the code, to make it more and more difficult to cheat.
Now we have BE aswell and with the correct filters it can prevent almost any cheat on the RV engine, almost.

Slap VAC untop of it and we have a sturdy foundation to prevent and ban cheating, from which the devs can build upon.

But dont EVER expect it to go away, as long as humans have a PC there will be cheats on the interwebs for every single game out there.

• Like 1

Do you believe they are already common in game? I haven't seen in any evidence yet and I've been playing daily since SA's launch.

Do you believe they are already common in game? I haven't seen in any evidence yet and I've been playing daily since SA's launch.

I doubt its commonplace, but pretty sure I ran into it last night. Its very hard to tell if what happened to us was ESP, but many other deductions have been ruled out and it smells like ESP with a sprig of Teleporting. Playing since fall '12, ran servers, spent a lot of time at opendayz.net, and got 300+ hours in SA so I'm well seasoned and know what I'm looking at.

Just trying to figure out if ESP has been fixed or not just to rule it out.

If what happened to us wasn't a hack, then whoever did us in is the baddest player I've run across in DayZ ever. I'm not going to tell the story because I don't want to give the player in question any glory whatsoever (cheater or not).

The same thing that is done for any exploit/hack/cheat. None of us are ever going to hear about what was done for the obvious reasons that would be a bad idea. So you don't want to tell the story on the off chance that the person in question might read it and feel awesome?...Waht?

Cheats are currently everywhere. I play both regular and hardcore on popular servers (ARC, KK Gaming, ZombZ, OCN.net, etc.) and I've seen a metric fuckton of teleporters, people who blatantly see through walls, people who can knock you out from 50m away with their fists, people who move through walls (I've heard via some .pbo file removal?) among other things.

Until they're fixed I've been avoiding the more popular areas like airfields and cities. A bandit I may be, but a cheater I am not. :3

I've been playing since SA release typically a couple hours a day on regular and hardcore servers. I have not seen a single cheater/hacker/script kiddie. From what I have seen of the polls on this forum most people haven't either.

Title says it all. Used search, no hits.

did you try maybe heading over the the BATTLE EYE FORUMS AND ASKING THE PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DEALING WITH THIS.

Cheats are currently everywhere. I play both regular and hardcore on popular servers (ARC, KK Gaming, ZombZ, OCN.net, etc.) and I've seen a metric fuckton of teleporters, people who blatantly see through walls, people who can knock you out from 50m away with their fists, people who move through walls (I've heard via some .pbo file removal?) among other things.

Until they're fixed I've been avoiding the more popular areas like airfields and cities. A bandit I may be, but a cheater I am not. :3

Your sig disagrees with you

Put Steamlevel in the Serveradmin options, steam level 2-3 will enaugh to stop hackers. No one will grow steam level again after get band, it costs to many time.

The same thing that is done for any exploit/hack/cheat. None of us are ever going to hear about what was done for the obvious reasons that would be a bad idea. So you don't want to tell the story on the off chance that the person in question might read it and feel awesome?...Waht?

I get the part of devs not giving specifics, I GET THAT. Saying something basic like its fixed won't help any hacker know what to fix or not so keep it moving cuz your repeating other posts. Byrgesen already posted your post before you, I can read so need for redundancy.

I'm not telling the story because I don't want this to be a typical whinger thread. I'm looking for information and not trying to give you story-time before your afternoon nappy-time. So yeah, NOT TELLING THE STORY. The ground that was covered wasn't natural, knowing where everyone was when we were really spread out isn't natural either. 2%-5% chance the moon was in line with the sun and homeboy hit several jackpots in a row. 

I've been playing since SA release typically a couple hours a day on regular and hardcore servers. I have not seen a single cheater/hacker/script kiddie. From what I have seen of the polls on this forum most people haven't either.

Like that means anything. Who cares. Maybe you don't know what the hell your looking at? Posts like this aren't exactly conducive to the discussion. Random rambling.

This isn't the first hack I've run across either, if you got that many hours in, you just don't know what your looking at or your reading books in the woods.

• Like 1

I get the part of devs not giving specifics, I GET THAT. Saying something basic like its fixed won't help any hacker know what to fix or not so keep it moving cuz your repeating other posts. Byrgesen already posted your post before you, I can read so need for redundancy.

I'm not telling the story because I don't want this to be a typical whinger thread. I'm looking for information and not trying to give you story-time before your afternoon nappy-time. So yeah, NOT TELLING THE STORY. The ground that was covered wasn't natural, knowing where everyone was when we were really spread out isn't natural either. 2%-5% chance the moon was in line with the sun and homeboy hit several jackpots in a row. 

Like that means anything. Who cares. Maybe you don't know what the hell your looking at? Posts like this aren't exactly conducive to the discussion. Random rambling.

This isn't the first hack I've run across either, if you got that many hours in, you just don't know what your looking at or your reading books in the woods.

How is my "rambling" any better than your rambling? Maybe you don't know what you are looking at? Got shot "OH GOD HAX" got flanked? OH GOD HE TELEPORTED.

I really love how people will immediately assume anyone claiming to have been on the bad end of a hack is FOS or just a poor player. Google DAYZ standalone hack, or get creative and search a certain kind after browsing the 300,000 hits off the first search. These "people" even have facebook pages for the stuff. When a player can call you out by name in a full 40 man server then proceed to shoot you through a building, wall and roof included, from a blind spot -  I'd say at least ESP was used here.

• Like 1

Hackers are pretty bad on high pop. Last night a sniper cleaned up SHOP in elektro. I'm talking at least 50+ mosin rounds off. The last 5 was me and my buddy. Also, to any naysayers, it was impossible for us to die unknown from where we were, but we did.

People who keep saying "no hax omg you just raging" need to get their heads out of the sand.

They are very real. Youtube that shit. There's a pretty popular DayZ video called like" Let's cheat on DayZ" or something.

yes, its also SA

Look, just go to YouTube and watch some videos of people cheating.

I'm almost finished with playing this (for a while, not forever) because I've been over the entire map. Every inch. Now my days are spent trying to interact with people or shoot at armed people. And getting legitimately geared up is becoming an incredible time sink that any hacker can negate by using their magic shit.

I just got killed on the giant rocky mountain between Cherno and Elektro. A lot of people like to ambush fresh spawns so we thought perhaps we'd pick some of them off. Lo and behold, on the top, my friend just instantly dies to the sound of what seems like a point blank Mosin shot. I immediately run for cover and jump into a spot where there is unclimbable bolder behind me, and it's a little V alcove that I can see someone coming from the only side that leads there. I'm prone, waiting.... *BOOM*, I'm dead.

I go into 3rd person perspective, gamma and brightness to full blast and look around. I then see someone phase out of the side of the mountain. He loots me, loots my buddy and then phases back into the cliff face.

I spawn on the coast, running now to Berenzino. I get to the construction site, pick up an axe and get a magnum... sweet. I then get on top, and what do I see? A guy teleporting from the coast all the way to t the construction site in about 5 seconds. He runs up, I try to hide... no nice. He teleports, I'm punched out, revolver taken, then punched to death.

I get it's an Alpha. I get this happens, but it's becoming way too frustrating when you literally have hours of accomplished scavenging stolen because someone decides they want to cheat.

• Like 1

Ive played with some pretty serious players in DayZ.. with and against players that had racked up kills in the 10,000+ range in the mods. 

And some of them were magical. I mean you almost knew they were cheating, but being a mod on the one site myself and getting to know the staff/admins I trust when they posted that not one of the top leaderboard players had ever been found to be cheating in any way. Now there are still ways.. But having seen some of the best and how they play, I would not be surprised if you just met a real life dayz badass

Title says it all. Used search, no hits.

Don't matter how, well the game is coded or covered by BE/VAC etc - People will always find away to cheat the system. Only when, they show how its done and that's how the loophole / security code problem can be closed off to stop doing it. Don't matter what the game is from Battlefield 4, Counter Strike to what ever else may come out in the foreseeable future. There will always be cheaters, just gain the unfair advantage of over people. In which they just cant play the game fair and the truth to be known they are most probable just utter crap at playing games, so thus they have to cheat to "fill bigger and better".

I really love how people will immediately assume anyone claiming to have been on the bad end of a hack is FOS or just a poor player. Google DAYZ standalone hack, or get creative and search a certain kind after browsing the 300,000 hits off the first search. These "people" even have facebook pages for the stuff. When a player can call you out by name in a full 40 man server then proceed to shoot you through a building, wall and roof included, from a blind spot -  I'd say at least ESP was used here.

A lot of these hacks are fake and/or don't really work. Black hat marketers use SEO to push dated or non-working hack software and earn money through forced advertising, surveys, etc. I used to do the same thing, even ran a website called ***.org for 4+ months, and was always one of the very top results when typed into Google. None of the hacks worked, but it didn't matter - I was getting paid to get hackers banned. Doing research on my competition, most of it hacks floating around were out dated or didn't really work, and they only existed so people were just trying to make money off them. Eventually it came to a point where CPA advertising businesses don't want to deal with people making money off fraudulent hacks and their repercussions so I stopped.

Others keep persisting though, because it's easy for them to circumvent the system and still make money off it. I don't do it anymore because it required a lot of extra work on my behalf and I'm lazy - christ I'm so lazy I didn't want to renew my domain, despite it's extremely high value at the time. I probably could have renewed it and sold it for $XXX.

Having said that, I'm sure there are working hacks floating around, but there's not many people willing to risk their Steam account over a $30 game. Most of the hacks floating around are crude and easy to detect. In the DayZ mod there was a point where I couldn't go a day without being teleported into the sky. Considering I'm 70 hours in and haven't seen any foul play, I'm satisfied with how things are right now. I'm sure they're combatting the detection of common ESP hacks as we speak.

Edited by t1337Dude
  • Like 2

Is it logical to assume the devs do not know about it? Is it also logical to assume that they are not already working on a fix? Is it possible that making qq threads like this, given previous assumptions, that you are promoting MORE people to go out and get hacks?

Is it logical to assume the devs do not know about it? Is it also logical to assume that they are not already working on a fix? Is it possible that making qq threads like this, given previous assumptions, that you are promoting MORE people to go out and get hacks?

I have no idea what your talking about. I doubt the devs do not know about it. Type ESP or Teleport into google or youtube and count the hits. I don't know what "qq" means either. Sorry I'm not 15 years old and not up to date on the acronym's dejour.  How am I promoting people to go out and get hacks? Actually, don't even bother. Not really interested in trying to decipher forum content that's in my native language.

How is my "rambling" any better than your rambling? Maybe you don't know what you are looking at? Got shot "OH GOD HAX" got flanked? OH GOD HE TELEPORTED.

There is a major difference between you and me. You ramble, I don't. Hax? I know, writing an additional 'cks' would drain another nanosecond out of your day. If you did that then you would never have time to study for your drivers license exam now would you?

A lot of these hacks are fake and/or don't really work. Black hat marketers use SEO to push dated or non-working hack software and earn money through forced advertising, surveys, etc. I used to do the same thing, even ran a website called ***.org for 4+ months, and was always one of the very top results when typed into Google. None of the hacks worked, but it didn't matter - I was getting paid to get hackers banned. Doing research on my competition, most of it hacks floating around were out dated or didn't really work, and they only existed so people were just trying to make money off them. Eventually it came to a point where CPA advertising businesses don't want to deal with people making money off fraudulent hacks and their repercussions so I stopped.

Others keep persisting though, because it's easy for them to circumvent the system and still make money off it. I don't do it anymore because it required a lot of extra work on my behalf and I'm lazy - christ I'm so lazy I didn't want to renew my domain, despite it's extremely high value at the time. I probably could have renewed it and sold it for $XXX.

Having said that, I'm sure there are working hacks floating around, but there's not many people willing to risk their Steam account over a $30 game. Most of the hacks floating around are crude and easy to detect. In the DayZ mod there was a point where I couldn't go a day without being teleported into the sky. Considering I'm 70 hours in and haven't seen any foul play, I'm satisfied with how things are right now. I'm sure they're combatting the detection of common ESP hacks as we speak.

I've seen my first cheater in the game after 148 hours of play. 

I've never been robbed by thieves in real life, that doesn't mean that it does not happen, does it? 

If you are geared and stick around electro, berezino, or military fields etc.. with this trend, you will sooner or later come across with a cheater.. cuz it's becoming more and more common... 

If someone wants proof, the bug report has links to both videos from the point of view of the victims and the cheaters.

You can think cheats are more or less common, but there's plenty of proof they exist.

They're pretty common in my experience.one -two wo weeks ago my group and I were shot through building walls 4 nights in a row (obvious because he shot our legs first then head shorted us all on the ground. (Thu-sun 1 each).

Just 5 hours ago watched someone move across the north Elektro sniper hills in seconds. (Kept blinking and running with fists out and would appear 50 meters ahead every second.)

Two nights ago, two friends and I were sitting in Elektro hotel eating and heard a constant m4 automatic fire that kept going over a minute and came in and killed us.

Shit, one time in Elektro about 3-4 weeks ago some guy came into bottem of our building, called my buddy and I by name to come out or hell "go turn his wall back on." We called him a bunch of things.. Then sure enough two minutes later comes back and shoots us through the wall.

Doesn't phase me a bit, each life is a new adventure.

I've seen my first cheater in the game after 148 hours of play. 

I've never been robbed by thieves in real life, that doesn't mean that it does not happen, does it? 

If you are geared and stick around electro, berezino, or military fields etc.. with this trend, you will sooner or later come across with a cheater.. cuz it's becoming more and more common... 

I'm not saying it doesn't happen - I'm just saying it barely happens compared to the past. All I do is sit at the NWAF and PvP when I play. Sometimes I sit AFK and alt+tab into the game while I sit in a bush. Any ESP hacker would've toasted me, but it never happens. The only hackers I encountered so far (and I posted a thread about it, it's first page right) are admins spawning loot for themselves. I haven't once been killed by a hacker. For the amount of time I've put into the game and the amount of people playing it - that's extremely good.

Edited by t1337Dude