dusty_nuttles

Whats Being Done To Combat ESP Hacks?

I thought that teleporting was the one thing devs were confident that would be stamped out in standalone.

A lot of these hacks are fake and/or don't really work. Black hat marketers use SEO to push dated or non-working hack software and earn money through forced advertising, surveys, etc. I used to do the same thing, even ran a website called ***.org for 4+ months, and was always one of the very top results when typed into Google. None of the hacks worked, but it didn't matter - I was getting paid to get hackers banned. Doing research on my competition, most of it hacks floating around were out dated or didn't really work, and they only existed so people were just trying to make money off them. Eventually it came to a point where CPA advertising businesses don't want to deal with people making money off fraudulent hacks and their repercussions so I stopped.

Others keep persisting though, because it's easy for them to circumvent the system and still make money off it. I don't do it anymore because it required a lot of extra work on my behalf and I'm lazy - christ I'm so lazy I didn't want to renew my domain, despite it's extremely high value at the time. I probably could have renewed it and sold it for $XXX.

Having said that, I'm sure there are working hacks floating around, but there's not many people willing to risk their Steam account over a $30 game. Most of the hacks floating around are crude and easy to detect. In the DayZ mod there was a point where I couldn't go a day without being teleported into the sky. Considering I'm 70 hours in and haven't seen any foul play, I'm satisfied with how things are right now. I'm sure they're combatting the detection of common ESP hacks as we speak.

That is fucking awesome.  Tricking hackers into getting themselves banned... oh god I almost want to go into business doing this it'd be hilarious!!

Yea, when you decide to run on higher populated servers you will definitely run into a few cheaters. Haven't been on in a few days, but it seemed to be getting worse. Really, I'm not too worried about it atm. Think about it... it's still alpha, where players die from glitches like running up stairs or falling out of a building due to the desync. I think i've got around 300 hours and can confirm around 6 deaths from cheating and probably 10 times that from normal gameplay. 1 out of 10 ain't bad :)

I have a cheat, that will show me other cheaters and I can tell you there are no cheaters in dayz.

Wait, I mean... well, I, umm. Yea, there are no hackers...

That is fucking awesome.  Tricking hackers into getting themselves banned... oh god I almost want to go into business doing this it'd be hilarious

Considering DayZ's popularity is ramping back up again after SA released, it might be worth getting back into this. Unfortunately I lost all my website work, but considering my experience it wouldn't be difficult for me to start back up. If anyone is up for a joint-venture, send me a PM! I could use an apprentice that has experience in some of the following areas (SEO experience, web design, Photoshop+art experience, game recording experience, reading+writing skills, and what's most necessary: a genuine desire to put away hackers). Here's the basic plan...

1) Create a real, convincing "hack" website with wordpress

2) Create a fake website, a website that a CPA Advertising agency would approve (because hack sites AREN'T approved)

3) Implement tool where traffic from *** site gets redirected to fake website, which redirects them to advertisements/surveys, and then redirects them to their "hack".

3) Use good SEO to get DayZ Hacks Website to one of Google's top spots

4) Purchase negative SEO for real hacking sites at top of Google charts (about $5 per "hit"). This will cause the legit hack sites to disappear from Google's search.

5) Maintain site and make $$$

Obviously, as I mentioned previously, I'm capable of doing all these steps. In fact, I could have this site up and running and at the top of Google in under 3 weeks. But it's a bit of work and perhaps I could use help doing individual steps better. If anyone is serious about making money and putting hackers away - let me know. I can't get into specific details on what I'd have you doing, but my pay is based on merit. My last website made between $150-$250 a month (~400-800 fake hacks downloaded per month). If done better (more convincingly) and more towards the peak of DayZ's success (rather than when I did it when the mod was dwindling in population), it could be a $600+/mo easy.

The website doesn't need to have a real reputation for legitimate hack downloads, because that's not the point. The point is that it's at the top of Google's search for the keywords they type in, so lazy and dumb wannabe hackers get funneled to it. This plan isn't illegal, but it is against the ToS of most CPA advertising companies - meaning it's "black hat". It's only against the ToS of CPA advertising companies because they want to uphold a positive reputation with the advertisers they work with. The real fact of the matter is that CPA companies don't really care how the money is made - as long as we aren't filling out the surveys with bots or fake information or damaging their reputaiton.

I've been playing since SA release typically a couple hours a day on regular and hardcore servers. I have not seen a single cheater/hacker/script kiddie. From what I have seen of the polls on this forum most people haven't either.

Because they don't talk or you can't see them that easily,

I have watched so many videos of cheats that i regretting 

the decision to buy DayZ SA.

Lulz, was on a 40 man server and some dude ran up to my buddy and called him out by "in-game" name...Then he proceeded to warp around the area at damn near the speed of light.

I called him a script kiddy and he warped back 50m and shot me, the lulz...

Edited by RyBo

dayz uses BE for anti-cheat.

so, there is no anti-cheat in dayz and never will be.

ESP is the same.

We had some detections in Dayz SA

as the title says anyone know if the hack is patched

i got banned yesterday and i dont know if they updated the hack

thanks

Just got banned yesterday from DayZ SA, used the cheat for less than a week. VAC Ban.

I am currently sitting at 2 bans for SA within the last 18 days; last ban being yesterday. The hack was last detected on 2/2/2014 but was updated so it is currently not detected.

Edited by TSAndrey
  • Like 1

Do you believe they are already common in game? I haven't seen in any evidence yet and I've been playing daily since SA's launch.

Anyone who wants to get the hacks for DayZ will find them.  If they really want to hack in DayZ, clearly they don't care about losing a CD Key, which puts them at ending up with the current set of hacks even higher.

If you haven't seen all the videos, everywhere, on youtube, of legitimate item, player, and NPC locations, distances to each, toggleable Radar, and autoaim, you haven't looked very hard.  Are they commonplace?  No, there are probably quite a few would-bes that are too afraid/broke to risk it, and in the majority are players who think cheating in online games is as scummy as it gets.  Cheating in a single player game is fine, who cares?  As soon as you cheat in an online game, especially ones with databases for items/interaction, the integrity of the game is completely obliterated.

At any point, on any server you play on right now, there's a given chance that a hacker could log on, warp over to your location, and autoaim your face as he warps through the walls of the building you're in, making no noise as he's about to deliver the bullet to your dome.  Why any of them think that's fun is a different discussion entirely, I don't think that question will ever be answered.

ArmA 2 had toggleable AutoAim set in the server options, if this was carried over into the engine for SA, they need to completely remove it from the code, immediately.  If NPCs use autoaim, figure something else out.  At least autoaim should be able to get rid of, the locations of everything are being pinged from the servers database, and the warping/teleporting could easily be stopped by putting in a check for distance traveled in a given amount of time.  There's no vehicles right now, players can only run as fast as they can while sprinting.  If they ever move faster than that then warp = DETECTED.

Why is DayZ Standalone, created in 2012 and forward, missing features from online games written in 1997?  Why was Everquest better at combating player's warping around in 1999 than DayZ is in 2014?  Even with vehicles it'd be a simple check of isInVehicle=0, before checking the player's speed, and even if they were in a vehicle, as those will have a maximum speed as well.  Come on now.

Edited by OhNoes