StayAlive (DayZ)

[Guide] How not to lose your gear: The Wise/Coward Way?

I'm sure this is not any breathtaking news, but, why not share it anyways. This idea works if you are

playing as a bambi, bandit, hostage, almost dead, hero, crazy person, sadist, in a group or as a lone wolf.

1. First thing first: Drink/Eat before getting ready to move into dangerous terrain. Then find a nice spot

where you can drop most of your gear. Only thing on you should be your designated weapon and maybe

an extra clip of ammo. Eventually you know there is a slight chance you will fuck up or get fucked and

thankfully 90% of your gear is hidden away for you to pick up again as a spawn.

2. If you get shot while in combat? Most likely you are crippled and what to do then with your gear?

Roll to grass or other places that can hide you gear and start dropping them. By the time you

are completely dead, there might just be a chance for you to backtrack to your gear.

There you are, two easy ways to store you gear and making the walk of shame a bit faster :P

Yes, i have had a couple of beers, but i'm confident my post has slighly value in it.

Edited by StayAlive
  • Like 1

...and then the server restarts.  :lol:

But you would have lost all your loot to the guy who killed you anyways so youre really not out anything either way.

...and then the server restarts.  :lol:

After a couple of suicide jumps, you'll get there :D

Edited by StayAlive

Sorry, man, but I stopped reading at "loose".

Just wanted to let you guys know. :)

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

we need locking mechanisms on the vehicle doors!

But you would have lost all your loot to the guy who killed you anyways so youre really not out anything either way.

Dumb question, but what if you killed your potential assailant?

14751d1347542841-jantz-flex-pic-keanu-mi

• Like 1

Maybe a useful advice for someone, not for me. As stated above, server restart and you lose all.. and the restart might perfectly happen the second after you drop your backpack under an innocent bush. Not the first time i lose gear swapping backpacks while transferring stuff from one to another and then BAM, server restart...

The best advice for me, is be careful and not to be attached to your gear. More and more often, after I get killed by some scumbag, i'm kind of happy to start again from scratch and begin to gear up again. In my opinion, and as for now, the only 2 things left to do in this game are killing other players and looting. And I don't like to kill players for no reason, so the only objective I've got left is gearing up...

Edited by loloman

I would love to be watching a player.. stalking his movements trying to figure out if I should shoot, ignore, or approach. Only to see him drop all of his gear and walk away...

LOL.. please spread this idea. Redditt. 

Or, you could not get into a fight or at least not get hit.  Better than losing your gear to a server restart that you don't know is coming.