Sign in to follow this  
burmabaines@hotmail.co.uk

Disable leg break.

Been at this game for about a couple of weeks now. It's rather mashing my brains in. Can't stop playing it! But I'd like it if they disabled the leg breaking thing until they fixed the glitching. Sticks seem to be unrealistically rare in the game. Today I glitched through a spiral staircase only a few steps up and broke my leg. Take it out until glitches are fixed please! Or at least make sticks a bit more common.

Do I really have to say... "Alpha"? By having your legs break it is maybe ruining your game for the day, but in the end you will(I hope) report where/how you broke your legs and all the "glitches" you are talking about will go away. 

• Like 4

Agreed. Disable broken legs for now, until the bugs are worked out. 98% of broken legs are results of bugs anyway.

Now what they really need to do is fix the damn spawns. Nobody wants to be out east!

Also add a suicide option, and an option to chamber 1 round in a revolver and randomize it. - Russian Roulette.

• Like 1

Been at this game for about a couple of weeks now. It's rather mashing my brains in. Can't stop playing it! But I'd like it if they disabled the leg breaking thing until they fixed the glitching. Sticks seem to be unrealistically rare in the game. Today I glitched through a spiral staircase only a few steps up and broke my leg. Take it out until glitches are fixed please! Or at least make sticks a bit more common.

Agreed. Disable broken legs for now, until the bugs are worked out. 98% of broken legs are results of bugs anyway.

Now what they really need to do is fix the damn spawns. Nobody wants to be out east!

Also add a suicide option, and an option to chamber 1 round in a revolver and randomize it. - Russian Roulette.

How about a much better solution... Why don't you just NOT play until the bugs are fixed. We're in Alpha. Alpha means bugs. Don't like them, then GTFO and wait for release.

• Like 1

Yup - Mercules has nailed it here. How do you think they're going to iron out the bugs if they have no way of finding them?

When people start reporting the glitches that are breaking their legs, the devs can start fixing them. It doesn't matter if it's now or six months down the line, those bugs are going to have to be dealt with at some point!

• Like 1

if you dont break your leg, you cannot report the issue, nor notice if it is resolved, making having an alpha test pretty useless, so then they could disable the game on steam untill final release...

• Like 1

Priority No.1, definitely.

How about a much better solution... Why don't you just NOT play until the bugs are fixed. We're in Alpha. Alpha means bugs. Don't like them, then GTFO and wait for release.

Wow. Calm down there, Captain Hostile. They're just making a suggestion - no need to get all 'sandy vajayjay' on them.

I've been playing this game from the day it appeared on Steam (1 hour after it's actual download release) and do you know how many times I've broken my leg? Twice. Both times down to my own stupidity. Once falling off the stairs in the barn (I was careless) and once trying to walk along a ledge that clearly wasn't a ledge.

All I can say is that those who keep on breaking their legs or dying from using a ladder must be very poor players indeed, or at least failing that careless and lazy.

So, OP, which are you? A poor player or careless and lazy? It's going to be one of the options.

Hi.

I have a hundred and fifty-something hours played and always use stairs, but have never fallen thru or glitched through a wall, so yea, I would agree they need to leave this stuff in the game or they probably never will find the bugs.

It truly sucks if it happens to you, but I think it's a necessary evil. Maybe try staying in walking mode when using stairs or not on ground level. If nothing else keep some morphine in your pack, I carry 3 with me just in case.

Regards.

Carry morphine with you too, it works just as well as a splint.

What He said. I always have at least 2-3 Shots of morphine in my backpack just for that. For me that red thingy is as valuable as ammo for my Mossin :D

What He said. I always have at least 2-3 Shots of morphine in my backpack just for that. For me that red thingy is as valuable as ammo for my Mossin :D

As Valuable? MORE... If you run out of bullets you can run away... if you can't shift positions or run away you will eventually run out of bullets anyway.

• Like 1

I actually find it very funny to realize my legs, or friend's legs are broken all of a sudden... Then it becomes a challenge to find what we need to patch up the character... Bugged or not, I like it...

• Like 1

Wow. Calm down there, Captain Hostile. They're just making a suggestion - no need to get all 'sandy vajayjay' on them.

Actually, if they were making a suggestion, it would be in the suggestions forum. They made there comments in general, so it's simply a rant on their part. Oh, and it's VAGINA.

• Like 1

When you use a splint, do you walk using that new wounded limp animation we saw pre-alpha?

I've got more than 100 hours logged so far, I've broken my legs twice, once  in combat, once from falling off the stairs in a barn. People just need to be a bit more carefull.

Never died from a ladder, never glitched through a wall.

I've never broken my legs in this game, nor dayZ mod... ever

An option to chamber 1 round in a revolver and randomize it. - Russian Roulette.

-I like this idea (Im thinking Bambi games), it worth its own thread?

I've been playing this game from the day it appeared on Steam (1 hour after it's actual download release) and do you know how many times I've broken my leg? Twice. Both times down to my own stupidity. Once falling off the stairs in the barn (I was careless) and once trying to walk along a ledge that clearly wasn't a ledge.

All I can say is that those who keep on breaking their legs or dying from using a ladder must be very poor players indeed, or at least failing that careless and lazy.

So, OP, which are you? A poor player or careless and lazy? It's going to be one of the options.

^^ This 

"Curses, I've broken my leg!  I have no sticks to build a splint, and no morphine to magically mend my shattered bones.  All I have are these bandages, this sharp axe, and a forest full of sticks and wood.... I guess I'll crawl two kilometers to the next town and hope there are the right sticks somewhere in there."

There's a difference between dealing with bugs and glitches and implementing a feature that introduces possibly game-breaking bugs. Why don't you just think about the context of what you're saying before posting it?

Edited by dvsilverwing

if you dont break your leg, you cannot report the issue, nor notice if it is resolved, making having an alpha test pretty useless, so then they could disable the game on steam untill final release...

I believe what you meant to say was "IT'S AN ALPHA DERP DERP DERP!"