Zjasuu

Random events!

In the current state of the game the gameplay might get boring and repetitive, and I'm sure that it won't be the case when the game is fully released, but back to my point...

To keep the gameplay fresh and interesting there should be random events in the game. Here are a couple ideas I have:

1) Every building in the map would have a chance to turn into a "safehouse" on server restarts, they would have more loot in them, boarded windows, locked doors (you would need a crowbar to break in), lots of supplies, dead people and maybe even weapons.

2) Chopper crashes (I think the mod had this feature,) which would have fire arms and other military loot.

3) Fallen survivor camps which would spawn in forest areas, there would be tents, vehicles maybe and supplies.

• Like 10

As for 1): TOTALLY

2) IDK about those, always wondered why so many choppers just crashed into the ground. Also weapons should be REALLY scarce so that would be counter-productive.

3) like 1)

As for 1): TOTALLY

2) IDK about those, always wondered why so many choppers just crashed into the ground. Also weapons should be REALLY scarce so that would be counter-productive.

3) like 1)

Yea the chopper crashes should be veeery rare.

I think doors being randomly starting open or closed would be nice also. Currently it is easy to tell if someone has been in an area just by looking at doors

• Like 1

As long as there are no NPC's involved in any of these events, then yeah totally would love to see some of these. The safehouse one is a good idea. Should always be a random chance on server restart that say, 10 houses across the entire map would become safe houses and be stocked with food, a few melee weapons and the occasional gun (make the guns rarer though).

I think doors being randomly starting open or closed would be nice also. Currently it is easy to tell if someone has been in an area just by looking at doors

IIRC on the experimental branch after server restarts the doors might be open or closed, but doesn't seem that consistent to be honest.

For example, Berezino Heights ( T34 plaza ) after a server restart, I think it was the US 0-2 hardcore, experimental hive, a half dozen doors were open already while the rest was shut. There was no one around, our team was making sure of that,

And I am all for it. Spices up the feeling when moving into town :)

I love this idea, I was just thinking how PVE can make this game become more alive.

I was thinking about a cool " military patrol" which can be raided if you and your mates work together well enough. Potentially giving you a car and a lot of nice weapons. The patrol would be riding around and every once in  a while check a house in a town and drive on or something. This could also be the main reason why there are so many good weapons in the game. Half the stuff is military grade. 

Also survivors would be all the same to the " military". Sometimes forcing the better players to team up with bambis just to have more firepower.

Events you say?

How about giant Godtier Zombies destroying houses and stomping down everything in their way?

They can only be stopped by crashing a chopper in their head.

Events you say?

How about giant Godtier Zombies destroying houses and stomping down everything in their way?

They can only be stopped by crashing a chopper in their head.

or summoning a horde of celestial superbeings!

or summoning a horde of celestial superbeings!

No, that would be unrealistic.

I do think that events need to be subtle and have some realism to them. (not like, protect the VIP, getting a reward after the event, no npc's,..)

But we do need a story to know what happened, last ting I read about the story was that people got infected with a virus, got dementia and stuff, became undead... We still don't know when it happened.

So going along these lines (saying there still are alot of facilities left):

- Add wind turbines to the map, connected to street lights at night. At a random time (Hive gives the instruction to the servers, people on the server fix the server, so if they don't fix it it will be in that state forever, unless admin takes action) these turbines fail and the streetlights go out (this is how you know the event started) and you need to go look for parts to fix the turbine. (i'm not an engineer, but hopefully it's not a big part..)

I don't even know if this makes sense, but i like the part of clearing out towns and trying to find stuff at legit locations. It would be nice if there would be just some co-op missions (as in lets put our differences aside for a moment and fix this)

maybe the thing that makes the most sense are hordes, like a town is riddled with zombies

Number 1 would be great. It would reward proper searching rather than just sprinting to police stations and piano houses. Fantastic idea.

Yess, and sometimes just sometimes a safe house will have a note(s) or somewhat of a diary belonging to one of the people that was or is residing there. ^_^

I think when barricading houses ourselves becomes available it will add 10 times more depth. Especially chillin inside at night with some tinned sardines and a voiceless fuzzy radio reception under the dim light of a lantern and someone comes panicked and begging for you to let them in through the front door