Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

Graphics: Adding lights to currently rendered scene changed

Graphics: Spot light culling fixed

Does this mean flashlights don't shine through walls/ceilings now?

As I read it, they have added lights into the game, for example where all the streetlights are, etc etc. In other words, no more pitch dark cities when it's night.

Graphics: Adding lights to currently rendered scene changed

Graphics: Spot light culling fixed

Does this mean flashlights don't shine through walls/ceilings now?

No, it will most likely never happen because of the impact on client a fix like this would cause.

do you mean release of the full game or next patch?

I would hopefully assume next patch is what he meant but... ya 

and again!! nothing new!!! better lets add berries and lets wait one year, mby then we will fix most important things! but berries!! we need berries!! lets add berries! srsly! dayz fucking scamers

I have never found berries, ever.

They're all over, but there's no pop up action text in the top left (besides a small dot) so you just have to kinda spam the action key till you get it.

Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-e-Hc5Ty04

I haven't played the recent experimental much though so I'm not sure what the new berries look like.

and again!! nothing new!!! better lets add berries and lets wait one year, mby then we will fix most important things! but berries!! we need berries!! lets add berries! srsly! dayz fucking scamers

Yeah, you're right. Nothing new here. You were scammed. Better go complain... TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A [iNSERT EXPLETIVE HERE]!

Yes I do feel better, now, thank you.

Yeah, you're right. Nothing new here. You were scammed. Better go complain... TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A [iNSERT EXPLETIVE HERE]!

Yes I do feel better, now, thank you.

this is forum, i can say wht i want, complain how i want! i bought game and i have rights of saying whats in my mind! u mad ? i thought so!

do you mean release of the full game or next patch?

The launch of the patch i mean :)

Edited by LmPwyBb

Upon server restart in experimental every zombie around was invisible, causing 2 major issues.  They make annoying as fuck noises that never stop, and you can't hit them but they can hit you.  

this is forum, i can say wht i want, complain how i want! i bought game and i have rights of saying whats in my mind! u mad ? i thought so!

Not at all. Why would I be mad at a troll. But please go reread the Forum Rules: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153786-forum-rules-roles-and-guidelines/. While you have rights you don't have the right to say just anything you feel like. This isn't a free for all, it is a Forum, and a reasonably well run one at that.

But back to your unfounded point, there are indeed new things in the current patch notes as well as the usual bug fixes that we get with each new iteration. Things are progressing, and the fact that you are complaining that your pet feature is not currently implemented is irrelevant. Things will get done when they get done.

Now if your pet feature is not in game in a year and a half or so, I might take your complaint a little more seriously.

• Like 5

Are you going to optimize the graphics so most players could finally play? This is embarrassing.

Optimisations for nVidia and Intel have been applied recently and reports a generally favourable as to their benefit. AFAIK the optimisations for AMD/ATI are still to be applied. But please note, even with these optimisations applied you are not going to get the FPS out of the RV engine that you would get from an equivalent CoD/BF style platform.

The RV engine is not really optimised for this style of play (FPS Twitch shooter PvP), TBH. What it excels at is the per frame simulation that these other platforms are not capable of. Also, the RV engines are notoriously CPU rather than GPU bound. A faster/better performing CPU has always produced better results than a slower CPU with the latest GPUs. It is getting much better over time, and I'd hope that in the future we will see some major improvements.

So if you're getting 40~60 FPS in the wild and between 25~35 FPS in towns and cities, you're probably at the high end of what's possible on mid~high PCs ATM.

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 2

Need some content!:)

After 336 hour in the game (steam say) little boring :P.

Need more interaction.

Running is boring,camping boring too! :P

Need hunting and more crafting items & more testable items! :)

• Like 1

Need some content! :)

Need more interaction.

Since the last Experimental patch wasn't pushed to Stable last Wednesday, and Rocket Tweeted about having it spend more time in testing before it does happen, then I'm guessing that if no new major feature suddenly becomes ready for testing we're probably looking at 2~3 weeks before we have any significant new content to play with and test.

Need more interaction.

336 hours?

Thats a lot. I have played just over 100 hours my self since day one, and i feel that i haven't done anything else then playing. How do you find the time..:)

Anyway, more content are of course coming. Looking forward to that my self, but i guess it will still take some time.

Need more interaction.

No NO NO NO! What is wrong with some of you people? AND THE DEVS for that matter. Every day this becomes more and more a Survival PvP shooter and less a ZOMBIE horror survival.

Zombies are the number one thing Devs NEVER talk about improving. And the community is not far behind in letting the devs know they care. AI, Animations, scaryness, threat. I am beggining to think I am the only one who wants to see the Z in DayZ. I think Rocket just wanted to make his survival game and knew that if he didn't at least mention zombies in their weakest, crappiest form, it would have NEVER SOLD. 

How the hell is moving a little icon in the inventory from one item to the next (crafting) fun??? You are moving your mouse from one place to the next. Who cares? Items? Wow, I found it. So fun.

And then there are the "THIS GAME IS SO BOREING UNTIL TENTS!!" Tents?? Really? WTF is this? Squirrel Simulator 2014?

You know what will make this game more fun? Fun zombies, lots of them that are challenging to kill with ragdoll and a variety of ways to kill them. Traps, fire, explosives. Randomness that ragdoll brings is key. I know they are adding it but dont hold your breath. Just look at ragdoll in ARMA 3......oh boy. Add that with the player element and THEN you have a perfect game. 

Thanks for letting me rant. This game has so much potential. Every time I hear Rocket talk on a stream my enthusiasm for this title dies a little. 

Edited by VictorM
  • Like 4

is the hardcore bug fixed ?The one when you respawn but the first time doesnt count and it respawns you back?

Edited by Polyandras

No NO NO NO! What is wrong with some of you people? AND THE DEVS for that matter. Every day this becomes more and more a Survival PvP shooter and less a ZOMBIE horror survival.

Zombies are the number one thing Devs NEVER talk about improving. And the community is not far behind in letting the devs know they care. AI, Animations, scaryness, threat. I am beggining to think I am the only one who wants to see the Z in DayZ. I think Rocket just wanted to make his survival game and knew that if he didn't at least mention zombies in their weakest, crappiest form, it would have NEVER SOLD. 

How the hell is moving a little icon in the inventory from one item to the next (crafting) fun??? You are moving your mouse from one place to the next. Who cares? Items? Wow, I found it. So fun.

And then there are the "THIS GAME IS SO BOREING UNTIL TENTS!!" Tents?? Really? WTF is this? Squirrel Simulator 2014?

You know what will make this game more fun? Fun zombies, lots of them that are challenging to kill with ragdoll and a variety of ways to kill them. Traps, fire, explosives. Randomness that ragdoll brings is key. I know they are adding it but dont hold your breath. Just look at ragdoll in ARMA ......oh boy. Add that with the player element and THEN you have a perfect game. 

Thanks for letting me rant. This game has so much potential. Every time I hear Rocket talk on a stream my enthusiasm for this title dies a little. 

Eat a Snickers dude. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uii3VhELiuE

• Like 3