Rivals.Joho

I bought SSD disk as Dean rocket recommended, but

Hi All,

I bought very fast 128GB SSD disk as I saw recommendation from Dean rocket.

Instaled Steam and Dayz right there but performance didnt incerease at all. Not a signle FPS. Now Im between 15-25 FPS

I play on 1920*1080, Intel Core i7, 2.4GHz (3.4GHz Turbo), Ge force 650M 2GB, 8GB RAM, 

Does anyone know where is the catch? 

Many thanks and regards, Joho  :)

Hi All,

Instaled Steam and Dayz right there but performance didnt incerease at all. Not a signle FPS. Now Im between 15-25 FPS

I play on 1920*1080, Intel Core i7, 2.4GHz (3.4GHz Turbo), Ge force 650M 2GB, 8GB RAM, 

When did he recommend a SSD for fps?

Edited by LeChat

I bought an SSD 240GB's and the performance increase was just a few frames with DayZ. An SSD won't turn your DayZ into a 50000 FPS game but it fixed my stuttering issue and I got my first new hard drive in 7 years. My other hard drive was in two other pc's and only had about 20mbps read and write speed. Definitely worth getting an SSD for DayZ if your current hard drive is slow. It will knock up a few frames, rid the stuttering and load a lot faster.

... and load a lot faster.

this!

and thats all u cant get better frames with an ssd.

want more frames? then buy:

- GPU

- CPU

- RAM

I average around 45 in the field and 25/34 in the city.  I have come to the reality that DayZ will never be a 60 fps game within the city.  sigh.

Some tips... Make sure you have the latest drivers for your vid card.  Try installing Game Booster, maybe it will help.  Search for DayZ graphic tips on Google, some of the guides will step you on what you should have your video settings set on.  

Here are my specs:

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V

CPU: AMD FX 8150 8 cores

GPU: Radeon HD 6950 

PSU: Cooler Master M850

RAM: Corsair 16GB

HDD: Samsung 1TB 7200 RPM SATA/3GB.

Good luck!

Edited by twinturbonet

I average around 45 in the field and 25/34 in the city.  I have come to the reality that DayZ will never be a 60 fps game within the city.  sigh.

Hurr. I get 40 max when I look at the sky. Out in the middle of a field is 25 and in a forest/a town is ~10. Cherno/Electro is mostly just a stop motion montage of me dying. :lol:

• Like 2

Hi All,

something is seriously wrong im afraid if you are using that spec machine and only getting those fps rates , my rig is a lower 6 core and i get better fps than that

something is seriously wrong im afraid if you are using that spec machine and only getting those fps rates , my rig is a lower 6 core and i get better fps than that

He's on a laptop. That might explain it. (;

• Like 2

i have 3770K, 4GB 1800 ram, and HD 7850 graphics and 840pro ssd.

would it be better to upgrade the memory or the graphics (when purely looking at dayz performance) ?

Edited by brumey

hello there

An SSD should improve your FPS to a degree, but it does depend on a host of factors. Its not a one stop solution.

Dont just throw money at an issue, ensure you do research first.

Remember Dean cannot analyse in detail every consumers PC and their individual set up.

The better ones kit the better the game should run, but its no guarantee if the system is poorly maintained or has an inherent/underlying issue.

Rgds

LoK

this!

and thats all u cant get better frames with an ssd.

want more frames? then buy:

- GPU

- CPU

- RAM

I only got more frames because my hard drive was 7 years old and not good enough to handle these games like DayZ that have a lot of textures that need to be loaded.

An SSD WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR FRAME RATE. Not even a fraction of 1 fps.

Your frame rate is determined by your graphics card, your CPU and your RAM.

An SSD will shorten your load time and prevent or shorten stutters and momentary freezes when the game loads data from disk.

It will only affect disk access which is not a factor in frame rate.

A core i7 (assuming quad core) with 8GB of ram should be sufficient for a decent frame rate. Assuming you're not running a bunch of other applications in the background eating up your CPU time. This game is very CPU dependent so make sure your CPU isn't busy doing anything else.

Check your windows Power Options and make sure you're in "High Performance" mode and not "Balanced" or "Power Saver" mode.

Power saving modes can shut down CPU cores to save power.

Your GPU my be a limiting factor but you can fix that by lowering your graphics settings a bit.

I'm running Quad Core i7 with 16GB of ram and a GTX 660 GPU and I get 50-60FPS dropping to 40FPS sometimes in cities like Cherno.

It's counter intuitive but dropping some settings to low might actually decrease your frame rate.

I get better frame rates with shadows and object details set to normal than I did with them set to low.

So if you have many of your settings at low, try raising them and see how that affects your frame rate.

Edited by Hutch
  • Like 1

Make sure you have plugged into a Sata3 socket and have ATAPI activated.

There are some constructor programs out there to help with performance.

I have Samsung Magician 4.3 (deactivated) and Intel's Rapid Storage Tech driver (activated).

useful read :

http://www.overclock.net/t/754763/as-ssd-benchmark-thread

Links at bottom of page.

FPS improve slightly, in-game performance more so.

i have 3770K, 4GB 1800 ram, and HD 7850 graphics and 840pro ssd.

would it be better to upgrade the memory or the graphics (when purely looking at dayz performance) ?

I have the exact same cpu and gpu, specs in my sig.  More ram my friend, 4 gigs is enough to run windows......

never buy a laptop for gaming ^^

^ TRUTH

If a laptop and a desktop have the exact same system specs, the desktop will still outperform the laptop every time, and it will cost half as much.

never buy a laptop for gaming ^^

Yup.

Unless you want a machine that will provide you with the unique ability to play games and make toast/heat a small room at the same time.

Edited by DoctorBadSign