Flagella

What sort of player are you on DayZ? *QUIZ*

Hero: 91%

Survivor: 72%

KOS'er: 12%

Bandit: 5%

"You are the people that the DayZ community respect. Brave and courageous, you will stand up for that poor new spawn and give him your weapon if you had to. You don't kill people on sight, you tend to interact with the players you meet and help them out. You only ever engage in combat if you're being shot at."

Damn good quiz. Well done, sir.

• Like 1

Just to add, I am NOT a bandit.

I'm a complete and utter unhinged insane jackass.

Also... your summary is incorrect.

I DO KILL EVERYTHING I SEE!

And I don't give a damn about their pants or dances.

I am unseen in the hills, sniping anything that breathes.

Except today, when I ran around with some other acquaintances until we got attacked by a hacker.

Bandits normally interact with other players in negative ways, normally resulting in the victims death. You sound more like a KOS'er than a bandit.

Hero: 91%

Survivor: 72%

KOS'er: 12%

Bandit: 5%

"You are the people that the DayZ community respect. Brave and courageous, you will stand up for that poor new spawn and give him your weapon if you had to. You don't kill people on sight, you tend to interact with the players you meet and help them out. You only ever engage in combat if you're being shot at."

Damn good quiz. Well done, sir.

Thank you very much (:

Survivor 76%

Bandit: 70%

KOSer: 54%

Hero: 12%

"You are the all round DayZ player who depending on his mood will choose whether to kill or not to. You tend to talk to people but shoot anyone who appears to be a threat. At least however you don't go around sniping new spawns on the coast."

Didn't really care for allot of the Q's. pretty black and white. liked the description, though I don't talk all that much. =X

I don't go around killing players. specially not freshies, or lightly kited players, like most KOSers

I do however kill/rob players when I need supplies, and I don't feel like gathering myself.

76% survivor, seems right.

70% bandit, sure

54% KOser no, 25% maybe

and 12% hero, no not at all. I look out for myself. I'm selfish like that 0=)

Edited by Kaw

Survivor 76%

Bandit: 70%

KOSer: 54%

Hero: 12%

Didn't really care for allot of the Q's. pretty black and white.

I don't go around killing players. specially not freshies, or lightly kited players, like most KOSers

I do however kill/rob players when I need supplies, and I don't feel like gathering myself. 

76% survivor, seems right.

70% bandit, sure

54% KOser no, 25% maybe

and 12% hero, no not at all. I look out for myself. I'm selfish like that 0=)

You may of chose answers which were KOS'er and Bandit answers. Having below %70 of something means you wouldn't really consider it to be a play style of your type.

• Like 1

You may of chose answers which were KOS'er and Bandit answers. Having below %70 of something means you wouldn't really consider it to be a play style of your type.

True=)

Seems like I'm a survivor.

82% Survivor

24% Hero

19% KOS'er

7% Bandit

"You are the all round DayZ player who depending on his mood will choose whether to kill or not to. You tend to talk to people but shoot anyone who appears to be a threat. At least however you don't go around sniping new spawns on the coast."

Seems about right.

Edited by Zorres
  • Like 1

Your Result: Survivor

78%

Hero

72%

Bandit

30%

KoS'er

28%

Do the questions about killing for equipment get you KoS points? I think most of the time they just shoot to shoot. Also, I feel like more of them should involve killing people for equipment. (ie the question about 4 melee guys)

Edited by FixTheFernBack

78%

Hero

72%

Bandit

30%

KoS'er

28%

Do the questions about killing for equipment get you KoS points? I think most of the time they just shoot to shoot. Also, I feel like more of them should involve killing people for equipment. (ie the question about 4 melee guys)

No only the options which say "shoot like a spaz" or "shoot them" are ones that give you only KOS points. Options like take his gear than shoot give you bandit and KOS points

Untitled_zpscb0b0cde.png

Where are the questions about running from Berizino to Electro to put a splint on some poor SOB's leg? Or going to NE airfield on a full server to pump bloodbags into someone while under fire?

"at least you dont go around sniping new spawns on the coast"? Now I do play with some rough guys on occasion, but the only people I have killed (and its a short list) came at me FIRST, and that makes me a bad person? I was supposed to let the guy axe me to death?

Terrible quiz is terrible.

Edited by Franchi

I don't like the fact that #11 After you have a gun. What do you plan to use it for? (not sure if they go in a specific order) doesn't have a "I don't carry a gun option"

I know there are 6 there already, but you can slim down the other options.

And yes, franchi is right, there is more than 1 type of hero.

Survivor 83%

Hero       71%

Bandit    17%

KOS'er    0%

Edited by Tmar09

What sort of Player are you on DayZ?

83%

You are the all round DayZ player who depending on his mood will choose whether to kill or not to. You tend to talk to people but shoot anyone who appears to be a threat. At least however you don't go around sniping new spawns on the coast.

71%Hero

17%Bandit

0%KOS'er

Untitled_zpscb0b0cde.png

Where are the questions about running from Berizino to Electro to put a splint on some poor SOB's leg? Or going to NE airfield on a full server to pump bloodbags into someone while under fire?

"at least you dont go around sniping new spawns on the coast"? Now I do play with some rough guys on occasion, but the only people I have killed (and its a short list) came at me FIRST, and that makes me a bad person? I was supposed to let the guy axe me to death?

Terrible quiz is terrible.

As I said you can offer ideas for questions but if you answered with hero like options than you should have got hero

Edited by Flagella

As I said you can offer ideas for questions but if you answered with hero like options than you should have got hero

The problem is what you consider heroism I consider idiocy.

let me demonstrate

Question 4 about approaching other players

"Lets go hand out gear" Translate in my experience as "Lets go get shot at and bum rushed by Mike Tyson wannabe bambis on the of chance we might meet a single sane person" Its just about the surest way to insure you get to kill a lot of people who didn't have to die if you had simply STAYED AWAY. I consider this stupidity, heck I would bet that as many as half the people taking a shot at you are scared and think you are going to try and rob/kill/force feed rotten fruit. By forcing the interaction you are potentially forcing them into the decision to defend their meager belongings against an unknown quantity. Yet you consider that heroism. If you want to help them you CAN do so without forcing interaction, just work your way ahead of them and drop the gear in a location so as to insure they find it, sure you don't get the warm glowing feeling if they happen to be grateful, but you don't end up killing some poor re-spawn/freshspawn who happened to find a can opener that he/she thinks you are going to kill/torture him/her for. No option is given to help without interacting.

Of special note on this one there is NO way to tell if a player is armed or not unless they are walking around in nothing but their undergarments, and if they are I would sure as hell keep my distance sure they might have just been stripped by bandits, but far more likely they are an expendable scout for a group. A striped player is also far more likely to simply charge you in a  attempt to knock you out, if they just got stripped by bandits what do you think they expect from you? Essentially if you can be sure they are not armed approaching them for any reason other then to kill them (as a KOS player) is inherently a bad idea

In your pole on question 10

If you opt to attempt to kill 4 players who just killed a freshspawn you get credit as bandit and KOS. You provide no other information related to the freshspawn killing leaving me to assume it was not warranted. So killing bandits and/or KOS players in your poll makes you a bandit and KOS player? Why? Its not KOS, if it was you would be killing them the moment you saw them. Given the previous witnessed actions you now have cause and justification to engage the targets. Its not banditry as no mention of taking their gear is made in order for it to be banditry their gear would have to be the central goal.

I could probably go on by examining every answer to every question, but why bother, the quiz is seriously flawed.

Edited by Franchi

The problem is what you consider heroism I consider idiocy.

let me demonstrate

Question 4 about approaching other players

"Lets go hand out gear" Translate in my experience as "Lets go get shot at and bum rushed by Mike Tyson wannabe bambis on the of chance we might meet a single sane person" Its just about the surest way to insure you get to kill a lot of people who didn't have to die if you had simply STAYED AWAY. I consider this stupidity, heck I would bet that as many as half the people taking a shot at you are scared and think you are going to try and rob/kill/force feed rotten fruit. By forcing the interaction you are potentially forcing them into the decision to defend their meager belongings against an unknown quantity. Yet you consider that heroism. If you want to help them you CAN do so without forcing interaction, just work your way ahead of them and drop the gear in a location so as to insure they find it, sure you don't get the warm glowing feeling if they happen to be grateful, but you don't end up killing some poor re-spawn/freshspawn who happened to find a can opener that he/she thinks you are going to kill/torture him/her for. No option is given to help without interacting.

Of special note on this one there is NO way to tell if a player is armed or not unless they are walking around in nothing but their undergarments, and if they are I would sure as hell keep my distance sure they might have just been stripped by bandits, but far more likely they are an expendable scout for a group. A striped player is also far more likely to simply charge you in a  attempt to knock you out, if they just got stripped by bandits what do you think they expect from you? Essentially if you can be sure they are not armed approaching them for any reason other then to kill them (as a KOS player) is inherently a bad idea

In your pole on question 10

If you opt to attempt to kill 4 players who just killed a freshspawn you get credit as bandit and KOS. You provide no other information related to the freshspawn killing leaving me to assume it was not warranted. So killing bandits and/or KOS players in your poll makes you a bandit and KOS player? Why? Its not KOS, if it was you would be killing them the moment you saw them. Given the previous witnessed actions you now have cause and justification to engage the targets. Its not banditry as no mention of taking their gear is made in order for it to be banditry their gear would have to be the central goal.

I could probably go on by examining every answer to every question, but why bother, the quiz is seriously flawed.

You make good points but yes the major problem with the quiz or almost any quiz in general is that everyone has their own opinion on what everything is. Which is why every quiz doesn't work for everyone.

Heroism generally speaking is helping other players in positive ways

Survivors generally avoid other players or have a neutral relationship with other players

Bandits generally find other players, taunt them and rob them. Maybe killing them.

KOS'ers are generally the people that opt out of interacting with people and shoot them without speaking to them beforehand.

However I list the general idea of what a hero, survivor, bandit or KOS'er would do in that situation based on what my friends (who are heroes, survivors, bandits and kos'ers) do. Of course their are other ways of doing things that are heroic without interaction but because of the limited options I just list a heroic sort of act that I see most frequently. If you're a hero, choose what you think appears to be the heroic option if you think you're a hero. If you choose an option and don't get the desired result than you may not be a hero in the eyes of the quiz.

This doesn't mean however you aren't.

What I consider heroism is what my friends consider heroism as one of them is a hero and he'll do every one of the hero options even if it resulted in death. Some heroes may be different of course as you just mentioned but I don't consider what you do heroic. Hell it sounds cowardly, you running to a location where he or she may find the gear blah blah I'm limited to six option per question but I though I'd made the hero options quite obvious, even if they sound stupid, they are what my friend who is a hero and many other heroes I've seen and played with do. I didn't pull these ideas out my bum but I definitely see your point (: and couldn't agree more, there are quite a few ways to go about every one of those situations.

im a survivor 83% 

You are the all round DayZ player who depending on his mood will choose whether to kill or not to. You tend to talk to people but shoot anyone who appears to be a threat. At least however you don't go around sniping new spawns on the coast.

40% hero (bullshit i help everyone)

34% bandit 

15% kos´er

Edited by DMentMan

im a survivor 83% 

40% hero (bullshit i help everyone)

34% bandit 

15% kos´er

Survivor is still good but unless you chose the extremely selfless options, you won't get hero but still that's good

Survivor is still good but unless you chose the extremely selfless options, you won't get hero but still that's good

yay.

50%
Bandit

36%
Hero

28%
KOS'er
  • Like 1

At first I thought that quiz could be fun, but then I realized you judge people by their age and gender?

Should I also put some info about my race and job in order to find out If I'm a bandit? 

Btw, there is a difference between PvP, competing with other players in firefights and simple "killing people". 

At first I thought that quiz could be fun, but then I realized you judge people by their age and gender?

Should I also put some info about my race and job in order to find out If I'm a bandit? 

Btw, there is a difference between PvP, competing with other players in firefights and simple "killing people". 

That's just automated questions generated by the website that can't be removed I believe.  They're just polling to see who's taking the quiz, it doesn't factor into the results.

As the hero wannabe Im trying to be:

You are the people that the DayZ community respect. Brave and courageous, you will stand up for that poor new spawn and give him your weapon if you had to. You don't kill people on sight, you tend to interact with the players you meet and help them out. You only ever engage in combat if you're being shot at.

81% Survivor

15% Hero

11% Bandit

0% KoS'er

Edited by archone88