Sign in to follow this  
Ralelen

Steam Achievements

Once the release is final, what Steam Achievements do you think there will be?

mpom.gif

• Like 4

Survived for 1 minute

Survived for 2 minutes

Survived for 3 minutes

and so on for eternity.

:P

• Like 1

No achievements, please.
Really dont care, who need those anyway..

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 11

No achievements, please.

Tons of people

"dayz is sooo boring there r no objectives or goals! all u do is run around!"

Edited by t1337Dude
  • Like 1

Tons of people

so we give the game achievements and THOSE kinds of people are going to play the game?

yeah in that case, that's a RESOUNDING no. Keep that kind of player away from this game please

• Like 6

I'd like one for hats worn! achievements would be a funny stat to look back on and laugh so I would like them if at all possible however not having these wont mean I would stop playing.

Again, just add it for the LOLs

so we give the game achievements and THOSE kinds of people are going to play the game?

yeah in that case, that's a RESOUNDING no. Keep that kind of player away from this game please

You really haven't been paying attention to these forums..... They're already here........

You really haven't been paying attention to these forums..... They're already here........

yeah but they'll get bored and leave hopefully without any reason to stay and play the game.

I'm pretty sure these are the type of people that end up hacking in this game, however.

yeah but they'll get bored and leave hopefully without any reason to stay and play the game.

I'm pretty sure these are the type of people that end up hacking in this game, however.

No, they are the ones that will try and turn this into a cheap mmorpg with the wanting of stats, chat window, trade system, LFG system, pretty soon asking for pve raid content and purple epicz

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 3

No, they are the ones that will try and turn this into a cheap mmorpg with the wanting of stats, chat window, trade system, LFG system, pretty soon asking for pve raid content and purple epicz

Well i'm confident that the Dev team won't give into their absolutely retarded demands. Let them whine and bitch about their stupid little MMO crap until they're blue in the face, then they'll leave and never come back, hopefully. 

• Like 1

No achievements, please.

You don't care, but you say no?

I don't care one way or another, and I don't see why anyone would be bothered by them. I am not the kind of person who likes them, but it also doesn't affect me, so who cares?

And for those who like them? They get an extra carrot, I suppose.

Tons of people

Achievements pass as piss poor objectives though. I would rather see actual in game content rather than some tacked on steam achievements for goals. Not that there is anything wrong with achievements but it's pretty meh in the making day z more fun department IMO.

Hold on a second, let us take a look at this from this side:

What if there are actually going to be achievements and they will only be "Survive for as long as [...]".

People might actually try to play it as a survivalgame and not as a shooter.

It is a survival game. I shoot people to survive. Get over it.

Also achievements can fuck off.

Edited by =ZNZ= Danny
  • Like 3

Tons of people

Hahaa wow thats some fuzzy logic right there...

Zappa is right.. steam achievements are pointless gimmicks

Here are mine:

F0dBkby.gif
dsHGhkq.gif

M93tvK7.gif

(minute counter)

TF9PRq9.gif

(spawnkill/-suicide achievement)

lEI2svD.gif

(for the Cherno church)

hNO2WCf.gif

LylJBTl.gif

(minute counter)

p2eYNbF.gif

(km counter)

8LGV7dE.gif

• Like 2

It'd be cool to have some achievements I think. Being a former Xbox gamer, achievements play a big role for me. I don't know, I guess you could be rewarded with an achievement if you've survived for so and so long or when you discover new areas.

:facepalm:

You don't care, but you say no?

I don't care one way or another, and I don't see why anyone would be bothered by them. I am not the kind of person who likes them, but it also doesn't affect me, so who cares?

And for those who like them? They get an extra carrot, I suppose.

Well if I have to pick its no. But then again I dont really care, as those are just pointless glutter in the steam pages.

You have to make those the way they dont fuk up the gameplay.. IE, NO achievements like..

Kill 100 new spawns

Kill 100 players with axe

Kill 1000 zombies with fists

etc etc

Those kinds of achievements drive the players to pursue them and that could ruin the game. On the other hand I dont know how many players playing this game even care about these, hope not too many?

Achievements that woudnt ruing the gameplay would go along the lines

run million miles "insert shoes here"

clean your gun "x" times

Eat X amount of "insert food here"

Who would want to pursue these, specially when you dont gain anything from them... they just add up at the background so who cares?

Edited by Zeppa

Hmm not really fussed either way but sure some people dig there steam achievements , although id like to think they would make them rather non play style specific eg the idea of 500 disinfectant poisonings as funny as i find, not likely as that would premote certain play styles on the other side of that 500 other player bandaging would probably be a no ( thats just speculation but the seem dedicated to us making the decisions on play style) .

But sure x amount km travled by foot car helicopter all towns visited or the truely hardcore achievement every ladder in game climbed would be a prestigous one to prove bravery LOL...

Here are mine:

F0dBkby.gif

dsHGhkq.gif

M93tvK7.gif

(minute counter)

TF9PRq9.gif

lEI2svD.gif

(for the Cherno church)

hNO2WCf.gif

LylJBTl.gif

(minute counter)