Gad Gamer

I Finally See

I finally see what a good majority of the community has to deal with one a time to time basis. Here is a little back story. I've played DayZ since the early mod, back then people would still KOS but with some sort of agenda or just to kill everyone in a town or wipe out a group. This video was of me getting on SA after a few weeks of not playing. Trolls are a fact of life in DayZ but I would still like to show you all this. If you have any videos like this or a story I'm curious.  Normally I've shrugged off trolls but this is blatant stupidity on levels I cant understand even for trolls. ughhh...... with that said loving SA and will continue to play ( but seriously, screw these types or players) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPg8Wer-yEw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Gad Gamer
  • Like 5

Yeah that guy was pretty bad and hes definitely a little kid. Hell he couldn't even kill you on site right.

• Like 1

I normally don't say this, but I like you voice ;)

I thinking chasing him was a mistake. Rule 1 when dealing with bullies: don't feed their egos. Probably should have left, found a gun, and then came back and did some troll hunting.

Edited by stc105

Man I was so hoping you would cave his skull in with that fire extinguisher. What an exceptional douchenozzle.

• Like 8

Man I was so hoping you would cave his skull in with that fire extinguisher. What an exceptional douchenozzle.

Melee needs to be one of the big priorities to fix after the other stuff.

• Like 6

Melee needs to be one of the big priorities to fix after the other stuff.

Yeah. Personally I'd like to see most melee weapons being pretty effective, especially blunt, heavy weapons. Bladed weapons and knives are actually pretty hard to kill people with in real life (but obviously the best to cause bleeding effects). It's far easier to bash someone's head in with a rock than it is to stab them to death in most cases or unless you really know what you're doing.

If you don't have some kind of head protection, getting bashed in the head with a fire extinguisher from above as you run up stairs (thus multiplying the force) is going to result in unconsciousness or death nearly every time.

Edited by Nicko2580

Yeah. Personally I'd like to see most melee weapons being pretty effective, especially blunt, heavy weapons. Bladed weapons and knives are actually pretty hard to kill people with in real life. It's far easier to bash someone's head in with a rock than it is to stab them to death in most cases or unless you really know what you're doing.

If you don't have some kind of head protection, getting bashed in the head with a fire extinguisher from above as you run up stairs (thus multiplying the force) is going to result in unconsciousness or death nearly every time.

I think the biggest inaccuracy on any of the melee weapons currently right now is the Machete. Its SUPPOSED to be like a hillbilly version of a samurai sword. Sharp, deadly and effective. If i hit some one in the head with it, it SHOULD only take 1 or 2 hits in pristine condition. There is really no excuse for how bad the melee weapon is currently butchered in game.

I finally see what a good majority of the community has to deal with one a time to time basis. Here is a little back story. I've played DayZ since the early mod, back then people would still KOS but with some sort of agenda or just to kill everyone in a town or wipe out a group. This video was of me getting on SA after a few weeks of not playing. Trolls are a fact of life in DayZ but I would still like to show you all this. If you have any videos like this or a story I'm curious.  Normally I've shrugged off trolls but this is blatant stupidity on levels I cant understand even for trolls. ughhh...... with that said loving SA and will continue to play ( but seriously, screw these types or players) 

While I agree with you that a lot of players on DayZ play this guy's role, I think that the community also feeds it.

A friend of mine play the game walking the line between bandit and hero. We think of ourselves as the characters from The Boondock Saints. 

PS: Running at him with your fists up would have been better. Just punch his head and he would have a higher chance of going unconscious. 

• Like 1

While I agree with you that a lot of players on DayZ play this guy's role, I think that the community also feeds it.

A friend of mine play the game walking the line between bandit and hero. We think of ourselves as the characters from The Boondock Saints. 

PS: Running at him with your fists up would have been better. Just punch his head and he would have a higher chance of going unconscious. 

Learn something new everyday, thanks for the tip.

I think the biggest inaccuracy on any of the melee weapons currently right now is the Machete. Its SUPPOSED to be like a hillbilly version of a samurai sword. Sharp, deadly and effective. If i hit some one in the head with it, it SHOULD only take 1 or 2 hits in pristine condition. There is really no excuse for how bad the melee weapon is currently butchered in game.

Oh I so agree. 15+ hits on a zombies head and it's still coming at me? Yeah something is fucked up when I can take a zombie out with hits from my bare fists.

A samurai sword isn't that good a weapon to take into a zombie apocalypse to be honest. 99% of the swords today would break after the first head. A machete would probable be an even better choice because they're designed to cut through thick branches etc. Katana's were never designed for swordfighting like you see in the movies. They were designed for a quick thrust and a sharp cut across the torso, arms or throat.

I'd prefer the large hammer I have in my shed any day of the week. One solid blow to the head and it's goodnight, no matter who or what you are.

Edited by Nicko2580

A samurai sword isn't that good a weapon to take into a zombie apocalypse to be honest. 99% of the swords today would break after the first head. A machete would probable be an even better choice because they're designed to cut through thick branches etc. Katana's were never designed for swordfighting like you see in the movies. They were designed for a quick thrust and a sharp cut across the torso, arms or throat.

I'd prefer the large hammer I have in my shed any day of the week. One solid blow to the head and it's goodnight, no matter who or what you are.

Im talking about a real samurai sword not a fake one from china or a machine pressed one. lol

And you realize they managed to make the Machete worse than a baseball bat or fist right? How much freaking sense does that make?

Edited by Deathlove

OP: on behalf of bad guys everywhere, i sincerely apologize for the extremist level of unprofessional banditry you were subjected to.

Please allow me to correct this mistake. If you could please visit my offices, by appointment, located around Lopatino, I am sure we can sort this out in no time.

For real though, that was the worst attempt at being a bad guy that I have EVER seen.

I would be ashamed of this sort of performance.

• Like 5

Im talking about a real samurai sword not a fake one from china or a machine pressed one. lol

And you realize they managed to make the Machete worse than a baseball bat or fist right? How much freaking sense does that make?

Deathlove, I see what ya mean, but odds of getting your hands on a real one? Especially in this sort of enviroment? Yeah they are gunna be slim to none.

As for what Nicko said, I agree and disagree. In a real life zombie apocalypse, ideally you want some like  sturdy metal bar you can easily swing for a certain distance ( Imagine a metal 2 x 4 sort of thing, or a metal baseball bat) As it won't break easily. As for up close and personal, like only a foot/30 cms from ya, you want a ball peen hamer. Blunt force traauma, no hooks to get stuck and no points/blade to go dull =P 

(Me and a few friends had a long drunk conversation on this one night lol)

I own a sword made in japan in the traditional method folded steal 1000 plus times it becomes an extremely durable weapon ( cost me 3400$ so not cheap ) id very happily head into a zed apoc with this weapon as my back up melee and trust me in the hands of even a semi skilled wielder it would be one hit and your dead.

Your cheap decorative sword could be sharpened and would also be reaonable deadly but for like 1 or 2 encounters lol a true katana could last you your life time your sons and his sons etc   a little sharpening andd your good to go... they are not a thrust weapon at all the design is purely slashing a slashing that will cleave head from shoulders come at me with your hammer first strike to your arms ( hard to block with a hammer ) the second slash will end your life..

But yes not as likely to find in russia but the chinese make similar weapons( not the knock offs but there own traditional made swords slightly different but made with much the same method only slightly inferior) and um ya know how close china is rightt??

PS not made for sword fighting like the movies so what did samurai just hang there swords on the wall to look at a culture derived on honor and mastery of the sword oh now when two of these guys got together who were under different shoguns oh hell no they would never have a sword fight would they that be silly right.....

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

His "coolness" was dripping down the pants as he saw "red death" coming. Shame it didn't in the end.

Nice little display of gameplay.

Deathlove, I see what ya mean, but odds of getting your hands on a real one? Especially in this sort of enviroment? Yeah they are gunna be slim to none.

As for what Nicko said, I agree and disagree. In a real life zombie apocalypse, ideally you want some like  sturdy metal bar you can easily swing for a certain distance ( Imagine a metal 2 x 4 sort of thing, or a metal baseball bat) As it won't break easily. As for up close and personal, like only a foot/30 cms from ya, you want a ball peen hamer. Blunt force traauma, no hooks to get stuck and no points/blade to go dull =P 

(Me and a few friends had a long drunk conversation on this one night lol)

Meh, I'm big enough to swing my hammer around pretty quick and a sharp jab to the face from the handle if you get too close will put you back into skull bustin' range. :p

And even a 'proper' samurai sword from Japan is not made for sword fighting. It's not made for swinging around like the movies and cutting through things, especially bone. It's made for quick, slashing surface cuts and stabbing thrusts and penetrating leather armour which was what was mostly worn in those days. After cutting through a few necks, your Katana will be blunter than a butter knife. Fine for stabbing lots of humans, but not great for needing to take off heaps of zombie heads. What you want there is a large axe, as long as you have something to keep it sharp handy.

I own a sword made in japan in the traditional method folded steal 1000 plus times it becomes an extremely durable weapon ( cost me 3400$ so not cheap ) id very happily head into a zed apoc with this weapon as my back up melee and trust me in the hands of even a semi skilled wielder it would be one hit and your dead.

PS not made for sword fighting like the movies so what did samurai just hang there swords on the wall to look at a culture derived on honor and mastery of the sword oh now when two of these guys got together who were under different shoguns oh hell no they would never have a sword fight would they that be silly right.....

I know a guy who forges katana's for a living as well as many other types of medieval weapon. Proper Katana's, like yours.

Samurai's didn't 'sword fight' like you see in the movies. Sure a few clashes of blades here and there, but fights were over quickly and blades had to be cared for exceptionally well after each fight otherwise they will dull. They need to be oiled and aired and stored curve downwards. Even not storing them correctly will result in them rusting or going brittle or losing their edge. Not ideal for a zombie invasion. 

Try taking your Katana and holding it upright in your hands. Now imagine another katana slashing horizontally across it. It WILL break or crack, there's nothing you can do about it. That is why they did not sword fight like in the movies. It's just not how it was done. For that type of fighting you need something like a longsword, which has much more mass and can take a few hits with only a chip or two coming out of the blade.

Edited by Nicko2580

I know a guy who forges katana's for a living as well as many other types of medieval weapon. Proper Katana's, like yours.

Samurai's didn't 'sword fight' like you see in the movies. Sure a few clashes of blades here and there, but fights were over quickly and blades had to be cared for exceptionally well after each fight otherwise they will dull. They need to be oiled and aired and stored curve downwards. Even not storing them correctly will result in them rusting or going brittle or losing their edge. Not ideal for a zombie invasion. 

Try taking your Katana and holding it upright in your hands. Now imagine another katana slashing horizontally across it. It WILL break or crack, there's nothing you can do about it. That is why they did not sword fight like in the movies. It's just not how it was done. For that type of fighting you need something like a longsword, which has much more mass and can take a few hits with only a chip or two coming out of the blade.

Have you done any reading on the topic its a long sword that is brittle hell before they learnt to temper steel they were very brittle...

I wont argue with you as it is rather pointless you would need to know what your talking about sorry break or crack that is the very reason they use folded steal a method used today in modern combat knives it makes them very durable and unlikely to break even when used to pry open things.

I suggest you watch some stuff of kendo to see how there weapons were used ( sure they are using wooden version they not trying to kill each other...

Edit although yes they do require a certain level of care to maintain the weapon  and yes prolonged fights wehre not the norm sure as it was a skilled fight with a deadly weapon that kills far more effectively than your crude sledge hammer ( which agreed would be much easier to find NO DOUBT) dont believe me i welcome you to come try it out with me i take no responsibilty for loss of limb though....

Good thing the samurai didnt decide on there weapon of choice after a night of drinking with there mates aye...

Edited by SoulFirez

Have you done any reading on the topic its a long sword that is brittle hell before they learnt to temper steel they were very brittle...

I wont argue with you as it is rather pointless you would need to know what your talking about sorry break or crack that is the very reason they use folded steal a method used today in modern combat knives it makes them very durable and unlikely to break even when used to pry open things.

I suggest you watch some stuff of kendo to see how there weapons were used ( sure they are using wooden version they not trying to kill each other...

Edit although yes they do require a certain level of care to maintain the weapon  and yes prolonged fights wehre not the norm sure as it was a skilled fight with a deadly weapon that kills far more effectively than your crudee sledge hammer ( which agreed would be much easier to find NO DOUBT) dont believe me i welcome you to come try it out with me i take no responsibilty for loss of limb though....

Yes, I know how Katana's are used. They use a drawing style cut that relies on the curvature of the blade to do the damage. The stroke is fairly short, but devastating. The reason blades are curved is because you get more cutting edge for the same amount of material. Perfect for slashing open leather armour, as I said. As opposed to a longsword or broadsword which uses a long, chop style cut that relies on brute strength and the mass of the weapon drive the cutting edge. A much longer reach, but slower and requiring more strength to use.

As for what's more lethal, a katana or a hammer? Either one will kill you in one stroke, so I'd say the lethality is about the same. My hammer has a solid steel haft as well, so the whole thing is a weapon. A certain level of care doesn't begin to cover what you need to do to keep a Katana sharp enough to continue to make clean cuts through limbs. 

Rather than fight you, we'll go for a week killing zombies after the apocalypse (because that's what this discussion is about) and meet up at the end. I'm certain that you will have a rather ineffective bar of blunted metal, whereas I'll still have a hammer.

• Like 1

a huge heavy slow combersome weapon that assuming you still have the strength to wield it from lack of food would most likely have gotten you killed from the very lack of speed ( in talking to a fast moving infected zed as we ment to have in regards to dayz..( again are we talking a sledge or smaller hammer thaqt im not sure on  i got the feeling you ment a sledge hammer if you ment a smaller single hammer then gone is your range and you cant hit multiple opponents in one swing guess what with the katana i can ..

But granted if i last years this type of sword may become un effective to but its not as hard as you suggest to maintain only if you wish to maintain it in show condition animal fat works fine for rust protection and a stone with a flat edge will do for sharpening..

I dont doubt the killing power of a sledge hammer or a smaller hammer merely its NO WHERE NEAR AS EFFECTIVE as demonstrated by my willingness to face you with a hammer with a katana and you could be 7 foot tall and built like a brick shit house and that would only make my job of disabling and killing that much easier not harder...

Edit no debate on the hammer easier to find you wish to debate the ability of the katana i dont see it and could physically prove it if your willing but NO doubt MUCH HARDER  to find in that way the idea fits dayz doesnt it the rare loot is usually the effective ones but again i would use the chinese sword( a real one) as its proximity to russia makes it more feasible but less cool so for cool id still go the katana its a small jump compared to what is already in game....

Edited by SoulFirez

No, a katana would be effing useless in hand to hand. Too brittle, requires sharpening, and where would you find one in Chernarus, a post-Soviet state? Jesus H Christ.

To be entirely honest, the best weapon for CQC would have to be a regular carpenters hammer. Fully capable of crushing the skull with a single short swing, and even if you miss the head, whatever you hit, you WILL break. Light enough to be swung all day. Plenty of uses outside of combat. No edges to sharpen, plus, they are absolutely everywhere.

In essence, you swing at me with katana, I backstep, then step in as you struggle with the follow-through. I then proceed to lay one upside your head, laying you on the ground. I could finish you off then and there, or leave you as a living roadblock for the zeds following behind me. yeah, probably that. Enjoy being zed food.

No, a katana would be effing useless in hand to hand. Too brittle, requires sharpening, and where would you find one in Chernarus, a post-Soviet state? Jesus H Christ.

Traditional Japanese Folded steel Katana... Sharpening... I peed myself laughing just now.

Im not even kidding. I really did pee myself!

• Like 1

To be entirely honest, the best weapon for CQC would have to be a regular carpenters hammer. Fully capable of crushing the skull with a single short swing, and even if you miss the head, whatever you hit, you WILL break. Light enough to be swung all day. Plenty of uses outside of combat. No edges to sharpen, plus, they are absolutely everywhere.

In essence, you swing at me with katana, I backstep, then step in as you struggle with the follow-through. I then proceed to lay one upside your head, laying you on the ground. I could finish you off then and there, or leave you as a living roadblock for the zeds following behind me. yeah, probably that. Enjoy being zed food.

Your kidding right there is just so much wrong in your statements it would be like explaining to a child how to build a nuclear device.... hammer YES THEY WOULD BE EVRYWHERE i agree far far far far more common more effective there your delusional why did most cultures develop swords rather than just use hammers because there so much better. Medievil combat would havee been very different if what you said was true hell go further back even the romans Knew the effectiveness of the sword ( granted it was a short one which worked well in there shield wall as stabbing tool at close range it fit there style of fighting...

EDIT again i am more than willing to test your theory in real life oh so willing off balance with the follow through what a joke a weapon designed for speed of slashing that in the hands of a well trained guy can kill 3 men with just the draw slash in under a second. in my hands not so good but more than good enough to slice and dice you waving ya little hammer.....

Edited by SoulFirez