crazykage

Have you/have you not seen a hacker?

Have you seen a hacker before?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen a hacker before (minimum of 24 hours of gameplay required)

• YES. No quetioning it. No doubt. It WAS a hacker.
    • NO. I have not encountered a hacker to date.
    • MAYBE. It possible, but i cant be sure.

Ijust encountered my first 2 hackers in this game, I gt to talk to one of them while the other killed me.

Ran into my first hacker last night after almost 250 hours.... He was teleporting all over the place punching people. Chased me and my friend from electro all the way to the rock quarry before he stopped. We had about 250 meters between us and he would just teleport up to my friend and then back to me. I would have had it on my stream but dayz kept crashing and I turned it off  :(

Friends and I began to avoid the airfields because of the wall glitch that is being abused up the arse and decided to head down south to see if we can catch any fresh spawn campers. We did actually find a few and managed to get rid of them. After a few minutes in elektro we all died because of miscommunication. Later, we all managed to spawn in elektro and try to bum rush this one camper abusing 3rd person on the top of the school. We actually made him back off the rooftop and kill him. Pretty funny. ANYWAYS, originally, there were 4 of us, but managed to find and recruit 3 more people to bum rush these other 2 campers in the tree line north of elektro. We managed to scare them away, but noticed a firefight going on by one of the cabins on sniper hill. At first, I noticed this guy "teleporting" as he walked and killed 2 guys. At first, I thought it was desync, but then as he was looting the dead bodies, my friend took a shot at him and he IMMEDIATELY began teleporting up the hill. He WALKED back down the hill to see if we would still shoot and we did. Then, same result. Instead, he teleported along side the dirt road that lead north. SECONDS later, shots are fired directly behind us by the same guy. How do I know? It was point blank and I didn't hear any footsteps. I'm 100% sure that he was hacking. It's quite annoying, really. At the airfields there are assholes abusing the wall glitch, and down south there are hackers killing everyone.

TL;DR Came across a hacker by elektro that killed everyone. 100% hacker.

As it can be seen in this video player names appear on the character when the hacking software is used: 

I have not yet encountered a hacker personally, but I have seen the video in the post I have quoted and it makes me sick.

150+ Hours in Day-Z and I have only seen once where the individual teleported directly to my position, kill me and then the same to each of my friends who were in strategic places around Elektro. It was not De-sync as there was no way for some one to know where they were at with that accuracy to teleport behind each of us and 1 shot us.

went in an house with my buddy infront of me , got shot , thought it was from behind . My mate turned back and got shot too , seing nobody in a place that couldn't be sniped.

So i waited to see how the hell we died, when i saw a guy with magnum coming THROUGH the wall to loot then disappearing in the wall AGAIN

no clip and prolly ESP hacks there

I am a teleporter to people I grouped up with... well sometimes. This happens on regular and experimental servers to me/others every now and then.

When I am on teamspeak with some guys and meet ingame with them, sometimes they ask me 'How did you do that?'. A question I can not answere at all...

While, on my screen, I am standing right behind other players, on their screens I seem to be invisible. Sometimes I pop up out of a sudden in front of or beside them, sometimes they see me running through buildings, fences, walls, cars, other players etc..

One day when someone asked me where I am, whereas on my screen I was standing in front of him 2m away, we tried to find out what would happen if I attack (boxing) him. I hit him twice. When I did the 1st hit, he did not see me but got punched by me. With the 2nd hit the game crashed on both of our ends.

When I was 'invisible' to him and we tried the boxing, nobody of us had a connection issue warning (yellow or red symbol in the right bottom corner).

After relogging onto the same server, I have spawned a couple of meters away from him (probably 50m away, behind some buildings) whereas he respawned at the location where I (invisble) punched him and where the game crashed.

I just bought and downloaded the game/files that are provided officially. Apart from teamspeak and viewing a map on the internet, I am not using any other programs/tools that might affect the game. Furthermore I did not download any files from the internet and replaced them with files from the DayZ-, steam- or any other folder(s) on my computer.

I guess this issue is known to the developers and being taking care of. So when some players blame those teleporting players for cheating/hacking, I think most of them might be wrong.

This game is still in development and there are many known issues. In my opinion we are not really supposed to play this game at this time but to test what is added yet and to give feedback to the developer team.

If we are supposed to 'play' at this time, then only for experimental purposes with an eye on servers/network issues.

Since it is alpha I do not really care about hackers or annoying bugs at this time. I think the more we spot, the more gaps will be patched. Just don't blame everything being a hack or cheat just because it appears different as it is supposed to be.

Almost 80 hours of gameplay (all spent doing PvP in high-pop servers) and haven't seen a single hacker. They don't seem very common. Considering I spend half my time AFKing in a bush at the NWAF - I think a hacker would've capped me by now. I'm convinced a lot of "hacking" that people think they see are actually caused by lag and other glitches. If someone has a red-link on their screen (which comes and goes for me pretty often), they can pretty much run around and do whatever they want because the character won't be synced with your actions. And then when the red-link disappears they will instantly synchronize, causing a teleport.

Also - you can literally run through walls in this game. Just run at a wall for long enough and you will eventually pass through it.

But I've seen a couple Youtube videos of hackers. Doesn't necessarily mean every one else wishes to get their copies banned by downloading hacks.

Edited by t1337Dude

I've been killed by wall hacking twice in 300 hours of play. It isn't that common, but it does happen. 

Just experienced what I think is my first script kiddie today. I refuse to call them hackers because they just buy someone else's work and think they're gods gift to coding.

I've only got 41 hours but I got hooked in to Overwatch and have 811 hours in OA and liked the deathmatch in the interim while the HUGE bugs get worked out for SA. inb4codkiddie

Was in Elektro with a couple of guys from my squad. About 30 minutes prior to me dying, we all heard an SKS going off. We heard easily about 30-40 rounds go off with no reload or anything. We investigated and my buddy found the ONLY guy with an SKS and he shot and supposedly killed him. We don't know for sure because as soon as the guy hit the ground, his body disappeared. Fast forward, we're holed up in town looting and just watching for bandits. Suddenly, we start hearing another SKS go off up on the mini-hill that has the tree and the park bench. Turns out it's the exact same guy wearing the exact same clothes and gear when my buddy shot him. I run around towards the fire house outside of town by sniper hill and I see a guy crouching looking at me between two bushes as I'm running. I do a double take and the guy isn't there anymore. I start running along the wall and I get shot about 3 times and die. I raged, finished up some college work, and hop back in TS about an hour or so later. My buddy then goes on to tell me that he got killed by the same guy who magically appeared near him, and that our third buddy took the guy out. We again don't know for sure if he died because as our other buddy was running up to the body, it was gone. Again.

I'm not one to call bullshit because I'm used to garbage games I had the misfortune of playing like BO2 and Arma 2's terribad desync but this was ridiculous. Dude disappears right in front of me only to reappear, as I'm going to assume, and kill me. All while his body disappeared after being "killed" twice. I stopped playing the mod because I was tired of bullshit desync and firing 13 times into a dude's face only for him to kill me with a Makarov shot to the toe while he finally falls over dead 30 seconds later. Now with this, it seems I'm losing any faith in actually enjoying this game.

Edited by ThrobbinCorncob

Yeah I've seen two teleporting hackers so far. They jumped 50 meters each jump. 400 hours in game.

Yup have one on video. But after 100 hours, I'm happy to have only seen 1 in comparison to the mod though.

I play a lot at night and frequently find myself "running into" people on servers with only me and 1-2 other players on. Very odd on a 225 km^2 map.

The hackers, or cheaters as they should be called (most of these people don't have a clue about hacking), are, of course, there. But we don't have the blatant client-side exploits that were possible in the mod now, because of the modifications to the server-client architecture, and so they are not so visible as they used to be. So instead of flying cows we're back to the usual ESPs, wallhacks and aimbots.

I'm sure the "there are no hackers only hackusations" crowd are going to claim victory because of this.

No. Can't say I ever saw anyone hacking, but exploiting ? For sure.

Also seen strange behaviour when de-synchronization occurs, but both players ( or more ) suffer from it.

Just under 100 hours of gameplay and I've never seen a hacker. While hacks for the game do exist I'm fairly sure that most hackusations are actually people just desyncing. My friend is always desyncing, I suspect mostly due to his shitty internet provider but also because the game has net code that isn't optimized yet. A lot of the time he's simply invisible to me or he'll appear to be running ahead of me then *poof* he's gone, a few seconds later he'll reappear behind me gliding along the ground. My friend also has pretty much the same gameplay time as I do and he's never seen a hacker either, he's also seen me disappearing and magically reappearing further down the road as well.

Edited by Woodland Creature

On a 40/40 man server a guy ran up to me while I was AFK hiding in a tree and called me out by name. "RyBo come out"..The night before it happened to my buddy. Again called out by name. Also both times the guys were warping all over the place due to some ghetto speed script. Long story short the guy admitted to it and then I caught him off guard and shot him. Poor punk couldn't afford the good scripts. No god mode for that corpse..

High light of my night. Also the guys got back to there body's in about 5mins and we were up behind Bolota. Rofl it causes the whole server to lag when they are doing it.

The lack of skill is clearly there problem. Told there unconscious body's to go play COD before I coup de graced them with there own tricked out M4. Classic script-er set up too. All ruined clothing with only mags and ammo..

Edited by RyBo

Can't say I have seen a hacker in the standalone, just 2 in the mod.

In the mod my buddy starts yelling at me for breaking his legs while he was in a building in the middle of the floor.  I was outside the building looking around for zombies.  It was night time on the server and most people left leaving the 2 of us and 2 more people.  After a minute I see a car all of a sudden appear in the building he was in and disappear 1 or 2 seconds later.  The other one was one of those kids who had that nuke hack who killed everyone in Cherno with the nuke, then proceeded to kill everyone else on the server magically with a script.

I did have a couple of friends run into someone at NEAF who was using an exploit.  One friend was in one of the jail houses and another friend was at the opposite end of the airfield when the person killed him and then the other friend like 5 seconds later.

Ive notiser and killen One.

When i killed him to collect his gear he had to much of the same stuff to be legit.

2 ammo crates filled with only 7.62 ammo for mosin. His backpack (green mountain backpack) completely filled with only opened canned tuna. Everything he had were in pristine condition.(this was long ago,his stuff didnt take damage When I killed him).

Oh, and I also saw some guy speedhacking, (not warping), in Cherno. Definitely not warping/rubberbanding. Looked like Charlie Chaplin.

100 hours, never seen one. For sure.

Ive notiser and killen One.

When i killed him to collect his gear he had to much of the same stuff to be legit.

2 ammo crates filled with only 7.62 ammo for mosin. His backpack (green mountain backpack) completely filled with only opened canned tuna. Everything he had were in pristine condition.(this was long ago,his stuff didnt take damage When I killed him).

Please read the OP. Hackers only, no exploiters. This guy was, at worst, a duper, but more likely he was just a loot farmer.

I have 3 cases full of 5.56 stacks, I've never duped or exploited.

Edited by wartzilla

I've been killed by wall hacking twice in 300 hours of play. It isn't that common, but it does happen. 

It is incredibly annoying