crazykage

Have you/have you not seen a hacker?

Have you seen a hacker before?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen a hacker before (minimum of 24 hours of gameplay required)

• YES. No quetioning it. No doubt. It WAS a hacker.
    • NO. I have not encountered a hacker to date.
    • MAYBE. It possible, but i cant be sure.

Lets be clear here. I do not mean an EXPLOITER, that is to say, someone abusing a mechanic that exists in game.

I refer of course to hackers, or script kiddies, or whatever.

Minimum of 24 hours of game play required for answer to be valid. I base this exact time on the assumption that 24 hours is enough time to possibly encounter one. I base this assumption on absolutely nothing. I also have no means of preventing those with less than 24 hours of gameplay from answering the poll.

My answer is no. And I have 173 hours of gameplay (jesus. I just realized that this means I have already played this game for an amount of time totaling to over 7 days).

I have not seen  a hacker in standalone. 293 hours played.

Only cheating I saw was clever exploiting of game mechanic.

• Like 3

True hacker, I don't think so. There was on instance where I thought it possible. I hit another player with 7 or 8 rounds from an M4 square chest, and he didn't go down - but this could have been lag, or desync.

I am at 150+ hours and not a single case of hacking that isn't more easily explained away as lag and desynch.

Yes. In the NWAF, more than a month ago. He killed 2 of my friends, me being the only survivor.

He hovered fast as a rocket between us while spraying his M4, instantly headshotting both of my friends.

Same for me, more than 200 hours played.

The only real hack I saw was in a youtube video, but it was the first week of the standalone and there was no external protection, and the architecture was not as it is now. Now that would be a granted ban.

This ^^

Now compare that to the mod and, fuck me was there hacks. Hacks upon hacks upon hacks.

I should point out I primarily play on experimental servers these days, so I'm guessing there are less hackers on those than on stable SA servers.

• Like 1

This ^^

Now compare that to the mod and, fuck me was there hacks. Hacks upon hacks upon hacks.

I should point out I primarily play on experimental servers these days, so I'm guessing there are less hackers on those than on stable SA servers.

The expirimental servers are great, I almost never hear the word hacker in those servers because the people on them arn't the general public that in their first 10 minutes getting kiled by a sniper 600m away screaming HACKS. The people on the expirimental version have expirience and care enough about the game to opt into the build through steam.

• Like 2

120 hours, not one hacker. Goddamn I love the standalone.

I and my friends were killed by a hack a few weeks ago, me and a friend were on the first floor on hospital, then someone killed us shooting through walls and instantly after this another friend who was on the roof also was killed in the same way, all with an interval of 2 seconds, pretty sure it was some kind of hacker, sorry for my bad English

played around 100 hours now...

Edited by zorgnator

I've died under mysterious circumstances before, but I cannot say for sure that I've been killed by a hacker before.

431 Hours logged. No hackers seen. A LOT of combat loggers though (even after the update).

431 Hours logged. No hackers seen. A LOT of combat loggers though (even after the update).

Thats cause the anti combat system sucks it should be like the mod but they made this shit system where people get punished for having to relog due to shit performance which is just wrong.

Thats cause the anti combat system sucks it should be like the mod but they made this shit system where people get punished for having to relog due to shit performance which is just wrong.

but anti combat log in mod sucked.

This one in standalone is 10x better.

• Like 3

hacker last night on a server i joined . spawned at side of me (teleport) had exact same gear as i was wearing. cause of the stupid way the log out system works now you cant disconnect as body is still there.

next my friend who is also on same server guy teleported to him.

as said the logout combat log system needs revising for situations like this. im all against combat logging but if hackers do shit like this you cant even get out of server now.

Not seen one in 151Hrs

Mentioned this in another topic but I have seen videos of teleporting hackers that could see people's names and location in game but it was not until yesterday that I ran into one myself.  It was clear, blatant, teleporting, knew our names and where we were killing us multiple times until we rage quit.

I stopped playing the mod because I just couldn't stand all the hackers. This is sooo much better! There may be one or two hacks but i'm sure that most of them get weeded out in the updates or by the anti cheats. I am so much more satified with the way things are now

• Like 1

with the craptastic netcode we currently have I can't say for sure.

• Like 1

I seen hackers before and no way it was dsync  ect.. Its a damn shame we got these A$$Clowns wearing their moms dirty g-strings playing this game with hacks just so they feel special about not having friends or a life outside.

I stopped playing the mod because I just couldn't stand all the hackers. This is sooo much better! There may be one or two hacks but i'm sure that most of them get weeded out in the updates or by the anti cheats. I am so much more satified with the way things are now

Sure there are hackers but they get picked up by battleye sooner or later. And the banwaves, those ban hundreds of people using "undetectable hacks" every few weeks.

I took this screenshot 2 days ago, always like to see those:

wonc.jpg

• Like 1

Can't say for sure. 

Only meet one possible in 168 hours and I wasn't 100%.

3 dudes appear out of nowhere (literally just appear) and know the contents of a backpack from 15-20 feet away. This was pre-battle eye.

Sure there are hackers but they get picked up by battleye sooner or later. And the banwaves, those ban hundreds of people using "undetectable hacks" every few weeks.

I took this screenshot 2 days ago, always like to see those:

just gonna point out that the sites where people get these hacks will also gift you a copy of dayz or any game they have hacks for, for about 6 bucks

Had one earlier today actually. Not sure if it was a desynch issue, lag or a hack, but I encountered someone as I entered the hospital. Now I wasn't too well geared, but I had a fireaxe. He seemed well geared but appeared to have no firearm as he pulled out a bat. He backed out of the front door (I'd come in the side) And due to the amount of deaths I've suffered from KoS players I ran up to the second floor, and down to the dead end so I couldn't be snuck up on. Next thing I know, I hear the sound of being hit by a melee weapon and got the message "You are dead".

I generally believe that this was just a desynch error though, but thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone has had the same.

• Like 1