Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

With Rain Do You Think Hospitals Will Be Even More Dangerous Now?

So with rain we can expect ppl running around like morons to be a little less now with cold and sickness being introduced at least i hope.

One thing that has me on edge about this though is finding meds and other medical used to combat this is going to be more intense now. Hospitals i can see being the MAIN primary target for most server hoppers and roving bandit hordes.. The more i think about it the more i see these places being locked down by groups. Making it impossible to get the meds you need. Finding them anywhere else will probably be slim to none which is cool.

I can than see hospitals being amplified further as hording bases when base building gets introduced making it impossible to penetrate them when you need the meds. If the base is built right by the players that is.

Also once base building gets put in i really hope they lock players to just one server. Otherwise your going to have TONES of ppl warping in your base like Star Trek or some bizarre crap like that. lol

So give me your thoughts on this? I cant wait for rain coats and the likes to be more useful now too! :P

Relax man, some jacket and cap can save you from rain.

Im actually going to go into town in a few minutes here and try to find some and a pair of wellies for just this reason alone. Do the Down Jackets keep you dry?

I'd imagine bases to be similar to tents in that they are saved to one server only.

I hope for character locking to for this reason as well though. Would make ppl really think about where they want to play on and stuff.

Im actually going to go into town in a few minutes here and try to find some and a pair of wellies for just this reason alone. Do the Down Jackets keep you dry?

At this point even raincoats can get "damp" status. Working as intended.

Rain does naff all at them moment lol.

Well it doesn't do anything now but soon it will make you sick. But this is about the use of hospitals per say. Depending on how long staying out in the rain takes you to get sick I imagine getting the meds will be a little riskier now.

I expect EVERYTHING to be useful in the future. From vitamins to pliers and of course... umbrellas.

At the moment Hospitals are a must for the group medic supplies. Simple as that. In the future they will become useful for everyone.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

Well it doesn't do anything now but soon it will make you sick. But this is about the use of hospitals per say. Depending on how long staying out in the rain takes you to get sick I imagine getting the meds will be a little riskier now.

I hope that before they make rain make you sick they fix rain so it does not rain throught all buildings and stuff. So you can hide in a building or something.

• Like 3

I hope that before they make rain make you sick they fix rain so it does not rain throught all buildings and stuff. So you can hide in a building or something.

^^^ Absolutely this. As for hospitals being bases, it's totally doable. Though you would need to find a way to fix the windows and doors, since there are no back doors to speak of. Ladders sure, but that's why you have snipers on the roof.

I hope they add rain ponchos (or whatever they're actually called).

It is a common misconception that cold weather and rain are the cause for the common cold or flu. I doubt the devs will implement something like that.

It is a common misconception that cold weather and rain are the cause for the common cold or flu. I doubt the devs will implement something like that.

If you are under dressed and stay out in said weather for too long, it could. Prove me wrong? Also, winter in Russia. Need I say more?

You don't watch japanesse cartoons eh?

If you are under dressed and stay out in said weather for too long, it could. Prove me wrong? Also, winter in Russia. Need I say more?

The common cold and the flu are both caused by viruses. 

It doesn't matter how long you're out in the rain, if the virus isn't near you, you won't catch a cold/the flu. 

That being said, being cold for long periods runs down your immune system which makes you more susceptible to catching a virus. That's the misconception. Being cold and wet won't make you sick (unless you're very cold and very wet and get hypothermia), but it will give you a higher chance of getting sick.

I can't believe the power of rain in Chenarus.  I mean it bores straight through the roofs!

Graphically speaking, just turn your shadows up to Normal in the video options, that should stop the image of rain coming through buildings. As for the actual mechanics of the rain being inside buildings, I'm not sure if that/will be working as intended right away.

EDIT: Configure -> Video -> Quality -> Shadows:Normal

Edited by Sab
  • Like 2

The common cold and the flu are both caused by viruses.

It doesn't matter how long you're out in the rain, if the virus isn't near you, you won't catch a cold/the flu.

That being said, being cold for long periods runs down your immune system which makes you more susceptible to catching a virus. That's the misconception. Being cold and wet won't make you sick (unless you're very cold and very wet and get hypothermia), but it will give you a higher chance of getting sick.

Very true. Viruses have been proven to "survive" longer on surfaces in colder weather. That plus the fact that people tend to congregate in groups together indoors during winter leads to the misconception that the cold weather is what's making you sick.

Standing out in the rain or snow can't make you sick. Hypothermic? Yes. But not the common cold or flu.

It would actually be safer to play alone as opposed to grouping up if you wanted to avoid getting sick. Unfortunately I can't see them implementing "sickness" that way in game.

Graphically speaking, just turn your shadows up to Normal in the video options, that should stop the image of rain coming through buildings. As for the actual mechanics of the rain being inside buildings, I'm not sure if that/will be working as intended right away.

EDIT: Configure -> Video -> Quality -> Shadows:Normal

Well look at that, this actually works.

While the rain won't give you a disease directly, I would expect there to be some sort of hypothermia- effect implemented as a result of the rain and such. This, based on the apparent season ( early-mid autumn would be my guess) could lead to a lot of player fatalities, as hypothermia is a killer, even in the summer (personal experience; I got it in late July, where it is 90 degrees Fahrenheit in southern New England during the day. I was about in the rain in BDUs for only a half an hour. I had to go to the hospital.)

While the rain won't give you a disease directly, I would expect there to be some sort of hypothermia- effect implemented as a result of the rain and such. This, based on the apparent season ( early-mid autumn would be my guess) could lead to a lot of player fatalities, as hypothermia is a killer, even in the summer (personal experience; I got it in late July, where it is 90 degrees Fahrenheit in southern New England during the day. I was about in the rain in BDUs for only a half an hour. I had to go to the hospital.)

Yep again i feel that hospitals are going to be more used now especially with ppl that get sick. Robbery for drugs will be more common place than for loot and ammo now. In fact medical should always be more precious than bullets to begin with in a game like this. Glad they are going to be putting things to use.

ypB7CW2.gif

^^^ FUCKING love this!