Sign in to follow this  
toasted duckie

Enable movement during gestures

Hey guys,

I think it should be a good idea if you would be able to move while doing a gesture (or doing a gesture while moving). 
This would enable for example to point into a direction while moving, or putting your hands on your head and slowly walking towards that guy that is ordering you to do so ... :)

Thoughts? 

Bye :)

PS: I did use the search function, my apologies if this has already been discussed/suggested

• Like 4

yes please, at least with some gestures like pointing

Maybe I should elaborate more, but I don't really have the energy to do so ^_^

Yea I think especially the greeting, pointing and surrendering (and perhaps thumb up) would come into their own more when it can be done whilst moving.

Now I fear to put up my hand and wave hello, because I'm afraid it might give the other guy the chance to raise his weapon and drop me...

It's probably not a design choice, but a limitation on how the gestures work.

If you played the mod, you know that you were unable to switch weapons while moving. I'd wager that this is the same kind of thing. I'm sure the devs will be able to fix this, though, somewhere down the road.

It's probably not a design choice, but a limitation on how the gestures work.

If you played the mod, you know that you were unable to switch weapons while moving. I'd wager that this is the same kind of thing. I'm sure the devs will be able to fix this, though, somewhere down the road.

I actually doubt it is, since you can switch weapons now in the mod while moving. Also, you can lean and move simultaneously if I'm not mistaking. 

+2 thumbs up.. also I would like to sit down to eat my cereal & powder milk, especialy when I cant add any water to it. Or Let me At least walk and eat at the same time....  (Did someone say the animators for the Dayz SA Project were idle? I hope your getting paid more then minimum wage....)

I actually doubt it is, since you can switch weapons now in the mod while moving. Also, you can lean and move simultaneously if I'm not mistaking. 

Remember that the switching weapons + moving still doesn't work perfectly, I think they have to make a unique code/animation for every weapon being holstered or unholstered while moving. That's why sometimes you'll stop moving when equipping something (Happened more earlier in the alpha). The devs would have no good reason to not allow you to move while gesturing, I bet it's just because they have not yet programmed that feature in.

Good idea. Possibly also allow some gestures to be made/sustained during stance changes? (Hands behind head, waving, etc.)

• Like 1