Sign in to follow this  
boonaroony

dean this, rocket that

The problem is his vision for the game is so vague but everyone uses the saying "Dean's/Rocket's vision for the game" to shoot down many legit ideas for the game.

Hyperbole.

This rarely happens.

what if it was part of the vision man?

Alright, I'll play ball.

If that was "the vision", then it would still be correct to use it as a reason for why an update wouldn't fit into the game. If that's not what he wants in his game, then it's not going to make it in. If someone had suggested more medical spawns, that's not going to make AppleJaxc get into Rocket's pants faster therefore not really where the game is headed.

You can argue about what "the vision" is and what's reasonable or not all you want but it's irrelevant to the aforementioned fact, and only make you look like either a psycho, an idiot, or both. Your call.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

Hyperbole.

This rarely happens.

Are you serious?  I have seen it many times.

Alright, I'll play ball.

If that was "the vision", then it would still be correct to use it as a reason for why an update wouldn't fit into the game. If that's not what he wants in his game, then it's not going to make it in. If someone had suggested more medical spawns, that's not going to make AppleJaxc get into Rocket's pants faster therefore not really where the game is headed.

You can argue about what "the vision" is all you want but it's irrelevant to the aforementioned fact, and only make you look like either a psycho, an idiot, or both. Your call.

A vision can change and it has been proven to change in damn near every modern game made.

Hyperbole.

This rarely happens.

I have not been on the forum long and have literally seen this 5 million times..... hyperbole always happens. fact. hyperbole is sweet. I like to say it hyperbowl though if im honest...hyperbowl

Edited by boonaroony

I may be just being a dick but it really annoys me when people do the whole  "dean didnt want whatever" or "rockets vision is so and so" hes not your mate, you dont know, you are re-hashing some interview shit like you know him and its soooo lame!!!!

It is always used to shout down peoples genuine suggestions for what they think will be good in the game - why dont people fashion their own opinions instead of rehashing some bullshit someone might or might not have said at some point? 

p.s. let me guess dean wouldnt have wanted people to act like me in his game or on this forum yeah? it wasnt part of his vision...

Okay there Mr. Whiteknight. Hey you got a bit of brown on your nose there bro.

Useless thread.

!!!

It is always used to shout down peoples genuine suggestions for what they think will be good in the game - why dont people fashion their own opinions instead of rehashing some bullshit someone might or might not have said at some point?

While I respect the fact that he has been both consistent and transparent all the way, as well as the fact that I happen to agree with many of his ideas, yeah, I agree with you there. He's just one dude. He's fallible. We all are. Some people have fantastic ideas, even if they sometimes run contrary to something he's maybe said once to someone, somewhere.

Okay, all THAT said, he has also taken the community's input on numerous occasions and incorporated those ideas into either the game or the development. I'm thinking specifically of Gews ballistics and the awesome set of recommendations by the Russian contingent. Too lazy to link ATM.

• Like 1

Okay there Mr. Whiteknight. Hey you got a bit of brown on your nose there bro.

Useless thread.

whilst i appreciate it is a useless thread i just knew shit loads of people would get in a flap about it and it would be fun...brown nose why? brown nose implies I have been partaking in asslicking and I dont really see where you are coming from...

Edited by boonaroony

A vision can change and it has been proven to change in damn near every modern game made.

Correct. And when "the vision" changes, as will the attitude towards suggestions that before didn't fit.

But until then, obviously people are not going to agree with suggestions that go against what the game is going for.

Unless you're suggesting we should seriously consider the ability to make our characters more horizontal than vertical on the off-chance that Rocket decides that he wants to tailor the game to inflation/midget fetishists in the distant future, I don't see why it matters what "the vision" can be, as opposed to what it is right now.

whilst i appreciate it is a useless thread i just knew shit loads of people would get in a flap about it and it would be fun...brown nose why? brown nose implies I have been partaking in asslicking and I dont really see where you are coming from...

Ah, so you're saying you posted this with the sole intention of annoying people, eh?

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 2

So... did we ever get an answer? Would someone suck a dick if Rocket told him to? It think it's important we lay down the foundations before discussing the minutia of the abstract.

You so silly, its pudding.. why would you think asslicking... ohh.. nvm..

So... did we ever get an answer? Would someone suck a dick if Rocket told him to? It think it's important we lay down the foundations before discussing the minutia of the abstract.

You really have to ask? HEELSS YAA

Edited by Zeppa

i just knew shit loads of people would get in a flap about it and it would be fun...

ya gone and dunnit now! :emptycan:

rip this worthless thread, 2014-2014

Edited by Hells High

Correct. And when "the vision" changes, as will the attitude towards suggestions that before didn't fit.

But until then, obviously people are not going to agree with suggestions that go against what the game is going for.

Unless you're suggesting we should seriously consider the ability to make our characters more horizontal than vertical on the off-chance that Rocket decides that he wants to tailor the game to inflation/midget fetishists in the distant future, I don't see why it matters what "the vision" can be, as opposed to what it is right now.

Ah, so you're saying you posted this with the sole intention of annoying people, eh?

nope. I said I knew it would get people in a flap, that said it is something that I genuinely believe is lame - i.e. shouting people down with the "Dean says" line when they are simply making a suggestion, and I thought it would be worth a discussion...

only if he fixes zombies going through walls...

• Like 1

ya gone and dunnit now! :emptycan:

rip this worthless thread, 2014-2014

Screw you man.  I joined your server to be a part of the book club and got shot by some cunt in full camo and a gas mask.

• Like 2

nope. I said I knew it would get people in a flap, that said it is something that I genuinely believe is lame - i.e. shouting people down with the "Dean says" line when they are simply making a suggestion, and I thought it would be worth a discussion...

But they have a valid point, whether you like it or not.

Screw you man.  I joined your server to be a part of the book club and got shot by some cunt in full camo and a gas mask.

Why does this make me laugh more than it should?

Edited by Rage VG

But they have a valid point, whether you like it or not.

they are entitled to their opinion as am I, they do it if they want, i think it sucks, the world keeps on spinning

Edited by boonaroony

Why does this make me laugh more than it should?

The same thing happened to you?   ;)

I predict great things for this thread. Mostly "personal insults" and "graveyard".

Anyway, the reason people say "It's not Rocket's vision" or whatever is simple. He's made it abundantly clear that DayZ SA will not be easy. It will be harsh and unforgiving. Therefore, any ideas like, oooh, Invincible UN Berets or 5km wide safe zones or some other totally inane shit like that quite clearly go against the "not easy" part of Rocket's aim of the game and so the people posting this are quite correct in their statement. It's got the full circumference of fuck all to do with being all chummy with Rocket or sucking his dick or whatever.

I'm also amused that the OP has immediately assumed that anyone posting such statements is a raging Rocket fanboi rather than, you know, someone who enjoys DayZ for what it is (a brutal sandbox game that doesn't pander to carebears) and will defend it quite vigorously so that it doesn't get diluted into another lame zombie-basher or cookie-cutter FPS.

• Like 4

You must have had an overdue book.

Many would call that trolling. Just sayin'.

I wish they would do that at my wifes book club but alas she always comes back...

Many would call that trolling. Just sayin'.

I think you will find that I said that wasnt the reason by hey ho...

The same thing happened to you?   ;)

Of only I could run the game.